Closed Thread
Page 3 of 501 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko

Default Re: Toriko

hmmm....I may start reading this series soon.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

You should. Although it almost feels like reading a manga from the 80's (which's a good thing), it's probably the most original series to hit Jump this century.
    Btw, it's already a top tier, beating Bleach in a regular basis.

Bleach is falling further down the tiers as we speak. It's not really THE BIG THREE anymore, with Kuroko no Basket and Bakuman also reaching the upper tier sometimes. I'd say if Kuroko and Bakuman keep it up, we may have to rename it the big six (One Piece, Naruto, Toriko, Bleach, Bakuman and Kuroko.)
    Name : G-EXP
    SSBB Code :
    4768-7125-9914

the further along this series comes.. the more popular it will get. This is a really unique read. I find it to be worlds better than the boring beginning that Bleach had

Discovered Stowaway

This series is awesome! Using the two great subjects of food and fighting, it practically writes itself!

I just got done reading chapters 1 - 13 and so far I have been drooling like a homeless guy who hasn't eaten in weeks not to mention the creature designs in this make most creature designs in RPG's fail in comparison. Now to finish the Puffer Whale arc.

You've barely even gotten to the cool stuff
    SSBB Code :
    4768-7125-9914

Is it true is this mangaka friends with Oda?

Well, they went to a hot spring together once, along with a bunch of other manga-ka. Oda mentioned it in an SBS. But that was 3 or 4 years ago. We know nothing as to their relationship today. Or even then, for that matter, except for the hot spring trip.

Oda mentioned him in an interview also in a question about who are his "good manga friends."

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I'm sorta wondering when we're actually going to get an arc where Toriko actually has a shitload of trouble. I know that one GT-Robo back in the Pufferwhale Arc was trouble, and I know the one at the Colosseum was easier, but still, Toriko so far has shown that there's nothing that he can't stop. I hope later on we get something that could actually hint the qualities of a final villain.

I'm glad Toriko's at the top of the food chain already. Makes thing more badass.
    SSBB Code :
    4768-7125-9914

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

yeah same here, but i can't ever see a sign of closure in this series if it's just toriko running around and killing everything without having any trouble

not that i want it to end, i just don't want it to be dragged on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Moria View Post
    yeah same here, but i can't ever see a sign of closure in this series if it's just toriko running around and killing everything without having any trouble

not that i want it to end, i just don't want it to be dragged on forever.
    I think the point of the manga will be the completion of the Heavenly Kings' menus. Each of them have one, and they will become the main cast most likely, along with Komatsu, Terry and Rin.

We've only met the head chef of the Bishoku-Kai, maybe there's more villains aside from him.
    SSBB Code :
    4768-7125-9914

@Moria- Toriko will get a challenge. I'm sure there will be a nemesis eventually...

it's only chapter 35. If you don't think he'll be facing trouble in the future.. then you need to go read more manga.

We haven't met the head of the Bishokukai. We met a couple minions plus the vice head chef.
    I'm almost done translating chapter 36 now... stuff happens in every story, kinda unites the several stories that have been going on in the Regal Island arc.

Just got caught up and this series is fucking awesome! JJBA and Fist of the North Star level awesome. I can't make up my mind on who my favorite character is yet i'm in a three way tie between "knocking master" Jirou, Coco or Sani.

Chapter 36 is out on onemanga. I had no idea that terry was a girl.

Parthenogenesis, biologically, can only produce girls, so I've been using "she".

Interesting, I did not know that.

Closed Thread

Thread Information