Closed Thread
Page 344 of 501 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,880 of 10009

Thread: Toriko

Default Re: Toriko

Watching episode. Komatsu always introduces himself as just "Komatsu." He needs a first name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Watching episode. Komatsu always introduces himself as just "Komatsu." He needs a first name.
    I thought about that too. I was like...does Komatsu have a full name? I can understand the Heavenly Kings not having one since they were apparently orphaned and or from the slummiest areas. But Komatsu, unless he's trying to be like Cher, I think needs a full name lol. I had assumed Komatsu was his first name >_>.

Speaking of Komatsu, does anyone else feel horribly embarrassed for him sometimes? I get that he's supposed to be a character that always has his heart on his sleeve and is always sincere...But he's 25 year old man and he takes a slow-mo flying leap at another man (Toriko with his rep ob being so awesome and badass) in tears, screaming his name...In a crowded restaurant. I would never be able to look him in the face if I had to work with him. And it's not like it's the only time that's happened lol.

I'm starting to feel like the creator is trolling someone or made a bet. That he could create a mainstream yaoi comic in Shonen Jump and nobody would say anything lol.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

They're a combo, don't ya know

I'm afraid Komatsu suffers from Hinata Syndrome, where a significant percentage of his diaologue is PROTAGONIST'S NAME-san!!

Though when Komatsu is particularly embarrassingly weepy it's DORIGO-ZAN
    Last edited by Gliblord; May 3rd, 2012 at 10:41 AM.

I'm afraid Komatsu suffers from Hinata Syndrome, where a significant percentage of his diaologue is PROTAGONIST'S NAME-san!!

I thought that was Orihime syndrome lol.

Doesn't matter that they are Partners/Combo, whatever. It's really hard to watch those scenes, it wouldn't even make a lick of difference if they were actually lovers... Komatsu at best behaves like he's 8. His voice really bothers me too I realized. Stop screaming at everything!! I sorta wish Komatsu was designed to be taller, at least that may cut down on his constantly leaping at Toriko lol.

Lol dunno why I'm having such a ranty day. Maybe I shouldn't watch 2 hours worth of Toriko in one sitting lol.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Yeah, I hope Komatsu becomes a bit more reserved after food honor. He's probably not though

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Dunno about you guys but I'm enjoying Tina's "Tina-Pan" segments. I personally found them to be quite hilarious so far. Definitely a step up from that creepy Italian chef that Tina keeps fawning over.

We released the volume scanlation of volume 1 I finally finished:
    http://hiwamatanoboru.com/2012/05/05/toriko-volume-1/

Awesome! Thanks a lot Kewl!

Signature made by my best friend for her Ask Corazon blog♥

Great stuff Kewl.
    I did want to see quality scanlations the early Toriko chapters.

Hinata is female and she loves Naruto so it's more acceptable for her to be doing it because she is like Naruto get in the fking bed and stop running away lol.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    We released the volume scanlation of volume 1 I finally finished:
    http://hiwamatanoboru.com/2012/05/05/toriko-volume-1/
    Good job thanks for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Law of the sea View Post
    Hinata is female and she loves Naruto so it's more acceptable for her to be doing it because she is like Naruto get in the fking bed and stop running away lol.
    Well Komatsu is obviously in love with Toriko also

This has been bugging me: Komatsu never complained about not wanting to go on a mission in the early chapters, so why does he do it sometimes in more recent ones?

And why is he so unknowledgeable about the world? It's nice that we have an everyman so we can learn things easy, but he's the head chef at a restaurant; unless he was REALLY sheltered as a child (like coming from a rich family that told him to do nothing but study or something), it makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I'm starting to feel like the creator is trolling someone or made a bet. That he could create a mainstream yaoi comic in Shonen Jump and nobody would say anything lol.
    The best part is that even though it's the most homoerotic manga in Jump, overseas yaoi fangirls tend to ignore it because no one in there's a bishie.

Komatsu has known about some things, but he's never an expert. If you keep track of it a bit.
    And I still say you guys think WAAAY too far into things. Two males can have a connected relationship without being gay, and it annoys me how everyone acts like you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    And why is he so unknowledgeable about the world? It's nice that we have an everyman so we can learn things easy, but he's the head chef at a restaurant; unless he was REALLY sheltered as a child (like coming from a rich family that told him to do nothing but study or something), it makes no sense at all.
    Komatsu's been really knowledgeable throughout the series about cooking techniques for various ingredients, and complimentary spices and whatnot.
    And he is a cook so that makes sense.

And I still say you guys think WAAAY too far into things. Two males can have a connected relationship without being gay, and it annoys me how everyone acts like you can't.
    We're just joking around.
    In any case TorikoxKomatsu have more going for itself than 99% percent of other manga pairings ever.

Komatsu has known about some things, but he's never an expert. If you keep track of it a bit.
    Yeah I'm messing around. It's fine that they are so close and good buddies. I've seen guys be close before and not be homosexual. It happens all the time in manga. Two same sex people so connected, they just get each other and it works in real life too. It's Komatsu who seems so over the top to me. He's extremely overly emotional frequently lol. So his behavior often makes me feel that the writer wanted every single aspect in this to be over the top. Komatsu's screeches of TORIKO-SAN!!! And followed by flinging himself into his arms sometimes in a chapter/episode feel like too much.

I would say I may not have thought about if Komatsu wasn't the same age as Toriko. Cause when I first read this, I thought Komatsu was going to be like a child prodigy so his behavior could be explained that way. Knowing that he's a grown man though...I really just find Komatsu embarrassing and irritating to watch sometimes. If he dialed it back some I may not have mentioned it. He's definitely one of my least favorite characters in this series.

fedcom is right though, at least a Toriko x Komatsu pairing makes more sense than pairings people come up with for characters in fiction. Cause usually those characters people love to pair for yaoi have love interests with a woman and or hate each other lol.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Dark side of the One Piece AfroSamurai's Avatar

Toriko x Komatsu vs Naruto x Sasuke. Let the fight for the most worthy couple begin.

EDIT: I am aware that naruto's love for sasuke is unrequeted...but it makes more sense than Naruto x anyone else at this point in the series
    I am the Walrus!

Thank you Kewl .

There's an incredibly large amount of CocoXToriko yaoi images on pixiv and the like. They're called Toricoco colloquially.
    I have to meander through all of that in order to find an image to release the chapter with every week.

Why is Coco so popular, anyway? It makes no sense how he beat Komatsu in the popularity polls.

He's pretty. That's the only reason.

Closed Thread

Thread Information