View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
859. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

314 36.55%
  • hmmm..maybe

227 26.43%
  • No!

318 37.02%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 268 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 5349

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

The last 3,4 pages were missing, I think they might put Jack's return as a cliffhanger at the end of 772.

If the manga of One Piece wonīt be much on break, the anime would be much better paced. The next Chapter (853) will be out in two weeks >.>
    Lets Go Rangers!
    United by Pride, Driven by Passion, Bound by Loyalty!

I AM A RANGER!!

Hi
    I bought some genga
    This sabo is from the episode 695, but Idon t know if the animator is Yoshikazu Tomita

I had an other one, but I don't find the episode, someone can help me?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by doktor-artbook View Post
    Hi
    I bought some genga
    This sabo is from the episode 695, but Idon t know if the animator is Yoshikazu Tomita

if it's from 695 am 100% it's from the end of takeshi nishino cut.

Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
    If the manga of One Piece wonīt be much on break, the anime would be much better paced. The next Chapter (853) will be out in two weeks >.>
    You talk as though that can be controlled. Also, you should read this:

Quote Originally Posted by SunChopper
    In addition, some people think that fewer pages means worse pacing, and some people think that slower camera movement/switching means worse pacing. I feel sorry to say this, but these are two typical misconceptions about pacing. For example, #675 had only 13 pages covered, and it's camera movement/switching speed was very fast, but indeed this episode's pacing was too fast to express the the roots of Kyros's story. Have a comparison between this episode with the introduction of Kyros in #634, one may find that the depth was totally different. #676 had the same problem.

BTW, #662 was just a totally opposite example. This episode was covered by a full chapter, but the pacing was just awful, incredibly awful. It could have been a great episode, but the poor storyboard, poor episode direction, and the poor music choice just ruined this episode. The one who directed this episode (I feel sad to mention his name) should leave One Piece anime, ASAP.

Just like what I said before, a good paced episode needs a good timing control, good camera movement/switching design, good music choice, and good technique of expression. And this arc do have lots of less-than-1-chapter-covered epiodes in this arc has these advantages.

He did go on to agree that the covering of chapters/fillers should be much better than it is, but just because an episode covers less pages doesn't mean its pacing is bad. 772 this week only covered half of a chapter that was mostly about talking but it was pretty fun to watch

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    You talk as though that can be controlled. Also, you should read this:
    I donīt mind to have filler- or extended-scenes to fill certain story-parts, which was cut out. But since the Fishman Island Arc, I feel that Toei want to stretched their Anime to have a big gap to the Manga-Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    He did go on to agree that the covering of chapters/fillers should be much better than it is, but just because an episode covers less pages doesn't mean its pacing is bad.
    It depends, how it was produced. I think, that 1 Chapter per Episode could be cool, but I prefer more 2 Chapter per Episode.
    Lets Go Rangers!

I AM A RANGER!!

Does someone know by any chances what happened to Ishizuka? He was my favourite AD...

Nagamine Tatsuya and Nakamura Ryouta are the series directors for Dragon Ball Super starting with Episode #77, so don't expect to see them work on One Piece for a while.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

Quote Originally Posted by Kolibrie View Post
    Does someone know by any chances what happened to Ishizuka? He was my favourite AD...
    Ishizuka is my fav AD aswell, his hasn't been as active but his only been working on movies & specials in the last year.

he recently worked on the toei movie Popin-Q, before that was the tv one piece special Adventure of nebuland before that was Episode of sabo and Dragon ball z resurrection F.

778 : To the Reverie – Rebecca and the Cherry Blossom/Sakura Kingdom

779 : Kaido Returns – The Worst Generation Threatened!

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Next batch of titles and staff are:

776: ''Descending the Elephant - Setting Sail for Sanji's Retrieval'' (Yasunori Koyama/Masayuki Takagi)
    777: ''To the Reverie - Princess Vivi and Princess Shirahoshi'' (Katsumi Tokoro/Shigefumi Shingaki)
    778: ''To the Reverie - Rebecca and the Sakura Kingdom'' (Yoshihiro Ueda/Shuuichi Ito)
    779: ''Kaido Returns - The Worst Generation Threatened!'' (Kentaro Fujita/Yusuke Isochi)

There will most likely be a break following 779 due to the marathon on the 12th of March in Japan, so if there's another short filler coming up like the latest episode seems to confirm, that'll start on the 18th and 779 will probably cover up to about the mid-point of chapter 824.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post

776: ''Descending the Elephant - Setting Sail for Sanji's Retrieval'' (Yasunori Koyama/Masayuki Takagi)
    777: ''To the Reverie - Princess Vivi and Princess Shirahoshi'' (Katsumi Tokoro/Shigefumi Shingaki)
    778: ''To the Reverie - Rebecca and the Sakura Kingdom'' (Yoshihiro Ueda/Shuuichi Ito)
    779: ''Kaido Returns - The Worst Generation Threatened!'' (Kentaro Fujita/Yusuke Isochi)

There will most likely be a break following 779 due to the marathon on the 12th of March in Japan, so if there's another short filler coming up like the latest episode seems to confirm, that'll start on the 18th and 779 will probably cover up to about the mid-point of chapter 824.
    I hope, that we get a filler arc after episode 779.
    Lets Go Rangers!

I AM A RANGER!!

The Reverie stuff was all in one chapter so it looks like they'll be adding in filler stuff for Vivi and Shirahoshi and Rebecca and Dalton to have them fit an entire episode

I figured this belongs here since it's about animation.

Why is the animation (and art) in the openings... bad now?

Opening 12, 13, 14, and 15 had fluid movement, and even emulated the art of manga pretty nicely. And good choreography with the song, most importantly.

But then the art and visual direction got worse with 16, then 18, and 19. They're actually hard to watch compared the openings above. Anybody know why?
    Last edited by ShinigamiKing; February 15th, 2017 at 07:30 PM.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    I figured this belongs here since it's about animation.

Why is the animation (and art) in the openings... bad now?

Opening 12, 13, 14, and 15 had fluid movement, and even emulated the art of manga pretty nicely. And good choreography with the song, most importantly.

But then the art and visual direction got worse with 16, then 18, and 19. They're actually hard to watch compared the openings above. Anybody know why?
    Poor planning and last minute decision making makes it difficult for the production team to assemble both a high number of animators or allocate a lengthier amount of time so that a small group of animators can work on the Opening animation.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

I mean that could be helped if they went back to 1:30 min openings again lol. Sad cause the Zou arc often looked better than its opening.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

I wish that Toei had provided animation credits for the openings prior to #13, because watching them all one after the other, the shift in style between Share the World and the previous one is so massive that even back then when we weren't paying much of any attention to the staff we were able to see the difference. Not just the art style, the entire animation style is much more dynamic and modern and the coloring more, well, colorful, especially after the Thriller Bark palette.

Was Hisada taking over character design duties that much of a breath of fresh air? Had Koizumi become the One Piece equivalent of Yamamuro by 2009 (he had kept a number of Oda's East Blue/early Baroque Works-era design quirks around long past their expiration dates, after all) That was at the time when Shida, Onishi, Tate, and Tomita were gaining their prominence and Nakatani, Shingaki, and Kawamura (and even, sigh, Deguchi) came on board so I wonder if there had been a bigger staff shakeup around that time that allowed the animators more freedom or if Toei had just been in the right place at the right time to snag a wave of fresh new blood.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by halfaxa9 View Post
    I mean that could be helped if they went back to 1:30 min openings again lol. Sad cause the Zou arc often looked better than its opening.
    Not really. They just have to plan better, no matter what. After all, bringing back Ending would still mean that animators would have to be dug up. Dragon Ball Super keeps struggling with that, too.

I wish that Toei had provided animation credits for the openings prior to #13, because watching them all one after the other, the shift in style between Share the World and the previous one is so massive that even back then when we weren't paying much of any attention to the staff we were able to see the difference. Not just the art style, the entire animation style is much more dynamic and modern and the coloring more, well, colorful, especially after the Thriller Bark palette.

Was Hisada taking over character design duties that much of a breath of fresh air? Had Koizumi become the One Piece equivalent of Yamamuro by 2009 (he had kept a number of Oda's East Blue/early Baroque Works-era design quirks around long past their expiration dates, after all) That was at the time when Shida, Onishi, Tate, and Tomita were gaining their prominence and Nakatani, Shingaki, and Kawamura (and even, sigh, Deguchi) came on board so I wonder if there had been a bigger staff shakeup around that time that allowed the animators more freedom or if Toei had just been in the right place at the right time to snag a wave of fresh new blood.
    It was probably a change in animation supervisors affecting things. Mind you, though, that Koizumi's work post-One Piece has been pretty good, so I don't think he's to blame for prior Openings being bad, there's just been a greater focus on high-quality animation since the later 2000s.

So does anyone know if we are getting a mini filler arc yet?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information