View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
857. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

314 36.64%
  • hmmm..maybe

227 26.49%
  • No!

316 36.87%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 264 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264
Results 5,261 to 5,269 of 5269

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

There's an entry for it on the anime's official site (the podcast's site has a write-up/summary of it here). Ito and Fukazawa are the other two directors attached to this, and given that there are only three screenwriters listed as well, we're most likely looking at another three-part filler arc instead of something longer, unfortunately. On the plus side though, those three directors are the show's better ones and they apparently consulted with Oda on the story, so there's hope yet that the quality won't take a dive like the others. We'll see how things shake out for sure when the upcoming titles and staff listings leak in another day or two.

More pertinent to this thread, Midori Matsuda teamed up with Hisada for the character design work. She partnered with him on her animation director debut as well.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I think these are just the episode directors for the three episodes of the arc rather than the series directors for the arc
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; March 5th, 2017 at 09:32 PM.

The summary implies that the new arc starts from April 9th.

Titles and staff info: http://onepiecepodcast.com/2017/03/0...d-arc-april-9/

780 : A Hungry Front! Luffy and the Navy Rookies!
    781 : The Persistent Trio – The Great Pursuit for the Straw Hats!
    782 : Fist of the Devil – Showdown! Luffy VS Grant

New arc 783 : Sanji Returns Home – To Big Mom’s Territory!

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

780: Ito/Yokoyama
    781: Ueda/Matsuda
    782: Ito/Takara
    783: Koyama/Deguchi

I was hoping that preview article indicated that Fukazawa and Nagamine (posthumously) would be directing the other two episodes, but oh well. A director handling two episodes so close together happened in the Silver Mine arc as well, though thankfully Ito's better than Ueda.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

No news yet on the next opening?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    No news yet on the next opening?
    Nupz, not yet. Might be in jump within two weeks.

well, was hoping this filler would last longer than that.
    IGN:TheBro 2191-7733-9582. Normal (Dunsparce, Teddiursa, Eevee)
    OPTC FC:

I was really shocked when I saw thay they did credit Fukazawa, Ito and Nagamine together as Series Directors. This never happened before in One Piece anime.

According to the interviews, it seems that Fukazawa didn't participate in this Marine Rookies Arc because both Koyama and Ito didn't mention Fukazawa's work in this arc, and the chief director of this arc is Ito indeed with Nagamine's supporting. In the opening there are also spaces between Fukazawa and the other two in the OP staff credits. So I think they credit Fukazawa because he is the current chief director of One Piece anime.

And they also credit Matsuda as CD and CAD together with Hisada. She was the CD and CAD of this Marine Rookies Arc, but I'm not sure if she will become the formal character designer in the future.

In addition, there was an another interview with Ito and an interview with the current producer Koyama. Ito said that Matsuda was already a huge fan of One Piece before she joined the One Piece staff.

Koyama confirmed that it needs the decisions of all stakeholders related to One Piece to make a filler arc, just like what I said before. So people really shouldn't simply blame Toei or the anime staff because of lacking filler episodes.
    Last edited by Sun_Chopper; March 18th, 2017 at 07:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information