View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
862. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

315 36.54%
  • hmmm..maybe

228 26.45%
  • No!

319 37.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 267 of 277 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 5539

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    What was the talk about characters going back to their color schemes from before the timeskip, or was that false?
    Where did you hear these rumours? I would love to know more. The pre-timeskip color scheme was so much better than the one we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Where did you hear these rumours? I would love to know more. The pre-timeskip color scheme was so much better than the one we have now.
    Read 2 pages back, Luffy has a different skin tone only in the new scenes in the opening sequence but I think that's about it.

Unrelated but in case anyone missed:

EDIT: Update, watching 681 and already 2 shots with blood have been censored. Is this just because of the terrorists events that occurred at the same time, or do they purposely remove blood for broadcast? I distinctly remember Dressrosa lacking a lot of blood...

http://i.imgur.com/BPfKHNy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/w2nhuOS.jpg
    Last edited by dropper; April 19th, 2017 at 03:43 PM.

Two things I'm wondering about that I'm hoping you guys will be able to answer:

What happened to Kenji Kuroyanagi, Katsumi Ishizuka, Naoki Tate and Ryo Onishi? They were among some of my favourite animators on the show, but I haven't seen them work on it since atleast fishman island/punk hazard, which deeply saddens me. Are they working on Tiger Mask W or some other Toei show? I know TMW is ending this summer, and I'm wondering if there's any chance some of them will return to One Piece.

Two things I'm wondering about that I'm hoping you guys will be able to answer:

What happened to Kenji Kuroyanagi, Katsumi Ishizuka, Naoki Tate and Ryo Onishi? They were among some of my favourite animators on the show, but I haven't seen them work on it since atleast fishman island/punk hazard, which deeply saddens me. Are they working on Tiger Mask W or some other Toei show? I know TMW is ending this summer, and I'm wondering if there's any chance some of them will return to One Piece.
    I don't know about the others, but Naoki Tate is working on Dragon Ball Super.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Ishizuka's apparently been working on stand-alone projects for Toei recently, though he did pop in a few times for small Dressrosa cuts (which weren't anything special at all). Tate is on Dragon Ball Super (check out Goku's and 17's fight in this week's episode), Kuroyanagi is on Tiger Mask W, and I think Onishi might be too?
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

toei should bring more talented animators
    We cant just wait until tiger mask or dragon ball super end and hoping they will come back working to one piece again , or moving on another toei project
    i know its expensive , but i hope they can find a strategy to make balance
    and sorry If my answer is long ^^

Can anyone explain this? I can't get my head around it, did Toei fix an error? To the left is Blu-Ray, to the right is the Funi stream (which I assume is the same as broadcast right?)

http://i.imgur.com/HR2wNSe.jpg

Can anyone explain this? I can't get my head around it, did Toei fix an error? To the left is Blu-Ray, to the right is the Funi stream (which I assume is the same as broadcast right?)

Colors are more vibrant and saturated.

Colors are more vibrant and saturated.
    I'm guessing that's just the encoding, all the Blu-Rays are that vibrant. Look at Law's right arm (or what's left of it).

- They removed the ripped cloth around Law's severed arm to the point where it doesn't even look severed.
    - Some minor shading around the droplets of blood outside the bigger pool of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    - They removed the ripped cloth around Law's severed arm to the point where it doesn't even look severed.
    - Some minor shading around the droplets of blood outside the bigger pool of blood.
    Why would they do that? Seems a little backwards, every other episode I could spot differences with contained more blood/etc on the Blu-ray than the broadcast version.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Ishizuka's apparently been working on stand-alone projects for Toei recently, though he did pop in a few times for small Dressrosa cuts (which weren't anything special at all). Tate is on Dragon Ball Super (check out Goku's and 17's fight in this week's episode), Kuroyanagi is on Tiger Mask W, and I think Onishi might be too?
    Onishi is a regular animator and sakkan in TMW

Quote Originally Posted by proooo View Post
    toei should bring more talented animators
    We cant just wait until tiger mask or dragon ball super end and hoping they will come back working to one piece again , or moving on another toei project
    i know its expensive , but i hope they can find a strategy to make balance
    and sorry If my answer is long ^^
    it's not about being expensive tho, it's about if the animator is interested in working in a certain show or not because payments are almost the same.

Is it true that Nagamine is taking over as series director? If so, I'm really thrilled since I absolutely loved Film Z. If it is true, then this, along with Ichikawa as the new CAD, has to be one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to the One Piece anime.

Is it true that Nagamine is taking over as series director? If so, I'm really thrilled since I absolutely loved Film Z. If it is true, then this, along with Ichikawa as the new CAD, has to be one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to the One Piece anime.
    Nagamine only held the series director role for three episodes. He is the series director of Dragon Ball Super right now.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Nagamine only held the series director role for three episodes. He is the series director of Dragon Ball Super right now.
    Which 3 episodes did he direct?

Which 3 episodes did he direct?
    he was one of 2 directors of the mini-arc after zou, he handle the management side of direcots role while Satoshi Ito handled the creative side

I was wondering if you guys could explain some of the changes made to the anime after the timeskip. It's very easy to notice that skin tones are more monotone and colors are more washed out; everything seems brighter.

What were some of the decisions behind these changes and is there anything else that is notably different after the timeskip?

^
    color designer, Character designer, and series director have been changed few years before timeskip, however the master character settie and color settie already have been made for the crew by the old staffer, but since the crew members appearance have been changed after 2 years, they start designing them as a new characters.

Read 2 pages back, Luffy has a different skin tone only in the new scenes in the opening sequence but I think that's about it.

Unrelated but in case anyone missed:

EDIT: Update, watching 681 and already 2 shots with blood have been censored. Is this just because of the terrorists events that occurred at the same time, or do they purposely remove blood for broadcast? I distinctly remember Dressrosa lacking a lot of blood...

http://i.imgur.com/BPfKHNy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/w2nhuOS.jpg
    Would love to see some more comparisons like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Would love to see some more comparisons like that.
    I'd love to make more, unfortunately I'm having trouble finding old RAW files.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information