View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
865. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

315 36.42%
  • hmmm..maybe

230 26.59%
  • No!

320 36.99%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 280 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 5594

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Ep 309 was too good for me Ocelot's Avatar

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

Quote Originally Posted by XMURADX View Post
    Dialogue heavy arc, but it had some cool sakuga moments.

Zou Sakuga MAD
    Holy shit, I don't know if you did that intentionally and I never watch MAD's so I don't know if thats the point, but the music goes so well with some of the parts, especially shida's elephant scene in the end. It was such a fun watch! gave me goosebumps at some points. sweet job :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Holy shit, I don't know if you did that intentionally and I never watch MAD's so I don't know if thats the point, but the music goes so well with some of the parts, especially shida's elephant scene in the end. It was such a fun watch! gave me goosebumps at some points. sweet job :P
    Thanks a lot. That's pretty much the point.

For those who want to see a filter before and after the timeskip, please be aware it's dithered because it's a gif, but you get the idea.

http://imgur.com/a/mFkFK

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    For those who want to see a filter before and after the timeskip, please be aware it's dithered because it's a gif, but you get the idea.

It feels way more severe than that. Take any picture from post-timeskip and increase its contrast and lower its brightness by 10. Voila; Pre-timeskip.

Do they only use the filter for pre-timeskip footage or do they apply it to all post-TS stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Do they only use the filter for pre-timeskip footage or do they apply it to all post-TS stuff?
    Not used pre-ts, the filter is applied from 517 onward. The gif I've shown is the best example you'll see of the filter.
    (EDIT: There is one more slight difference. Those flashbacks scenes have their width decreased by a fraction of a percent, which means the flashback scenes contained in 789 contain a fraction more of image.)

Of course the main difference people will notice between pre-ts and post-ts episodes is the color palette change.

On another note does anyone remember flashback during an episode or special where they changed Robin's skin color from tan to pale to match post-ts? The rest of the Straw Hats kept their original palette, can't remember where it was from.
    Last edited by dropper; May 21st, 2017 at 04:15 PM.

Not used pre-ts, the filter is applied from 517 onward. The gif I've shown is the best example you'll see of the filter.
    (EDIT: There is one more slight difference. Those flashbacks scenes have their width decreased by a fraction of a percent, which means the flashback scenes contained in 789 contain a fraction more of image.)

Of course the main difference people will notice between pre-ts and post-ts episodes is the color palette change.

On another note does anyone remember flashback during an episode or special where they changed Robin's skin color from tan to pale to match post-ts? The rest of the Straw Hats kept their original palette, can't remember where it was from.
    It was either Episode of Merry or the recap episode before Zou

It was either Episode of Merry or the recap episode before Zou
    Wasn't Episode of Merry, it was all new animation. I don't recall any recaps before Zou but I might be wrong.

Wasn't Episode of Merry, it was all new animation. I don't recall any recaps before Zou but I might be wrong.
    Episode 751: Curtain-up on a New Adventure! Arriving at the Phantom Island, Zou!

Episode 751: Curtain-up on a New Adventure! Arriving at the Phantom Island, Zou!

http://i.imgur.com/LcT2H3o.png

http://i.imgur.com/f92OLYL.png
    My bad, thank you!

My bad, thank you!
    No problem, I remember thinking how odd it was that they even did it in the first place when the episode first aired

No problem, I remember thinking how odd it was that they even did it in the first place when the episode first aired
    Strange that they didn't put a filter over any of the flashback scenes of 751 (other than the ones re-drawn/edited), unlike the latest episode where 789 which they did.

Strange that they didn't put a filter over any of the flashback scenes of 751 (other than the ones re-drawn/edited), unlike the latest episode where 789 which they did.
    Can't help but wonder why they added the filter in the first place. It looks terrible.

I like the filter that was used in Heart of Gold and the one that was used in 3D2Y even though it's possible that there's no filter there and the thick line art just makes it look like a filter
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; May 22nd, 2017 at 07:46 AM.

Is it possible that the show is animated in 720p, and the one of the filters makes it look better upscaled to 1080p similar to a blur effect?
    There was a switch over somewhere between Thriller Bark and Marineford where the sharpness of the outline is reduced somewhat. I believe that's why none of the outlines looks sharp anymore. (This is different than the filter used from the timeskip onward.) You can really see the difference when 751 switches between modified and unmodified animation from Enies Lobby.

So to recap, from all the 1080p steam episodes (best quality out there):

- A switch somewhere between Thriller Bark and Marineford where the sharpness is reduced or image is blurred (possibly for better upscaling).
    - A color palette switch - timeskip onward.
    - A filter of some sort that alters the contrast - timeskip onward.
    - Possible color palette switch -Whole Cake Island onward?

Sabaody Sakuga MAD.

The good days with Tate and Onishi.

Ep 309 was too good for me Ocelot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XMURADX View Post
    Sabaody Sakuga MAD.

The good days with Tate and Onishi.
    I loved it! nice job, onishi is such an excellent animator
    I kinda hope to see him doing
    Spoiler:
    sanji vs luffy

Do you think thats a realistic expectation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    I loved it! nice job, onishi is such an excellent animator
    I kinda hope to see him doing
    Spoiler:
    sanji vs luffy

Do you think thats a realistic expectation?
    He's been MIA since Sabaody, unfortunately. He did some work in the Nebulandia Special / Film Z / Episode of Sabo and has been working on Tiger Mask W lately (Which ends this summer). Fingers crossed that he'll be back to One Piece after TMW ends, but I highly doubt it :(

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Honestly, I think the only upcoming scene we can call being handled by X animator accurately is Tomita drawing
    Spoiler:
    Nami and Carrot's bath scene
    On Onishi, I have to say that my favorite piece by him I've seen is the battle between Z and Kizaru. By itself it's incredible, but it's also so far beyond anything else I've seen from him before or since, on One Piece or otherwise. In fact, I would go so far as to say that that sequence can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Yutaka Nakamura.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Honestly, I think the only upcoming scene we can call being handled by X animator accurately is Tomita drawing
    Spoiler:
    Nami and Carrot's bath scene
    On Onishi, I have to say that my favorite piece by him I've seen is the battle between Z and Kizaru. By itself it's incredible, but it's also so far beyond anything else I've seen from him before or since, on One Piece or otherwise. In fact, I would go so far as to say that that sequence can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Yutaka Nakamura.
    Shida is probably doing

Spoiler:
    Luffy blowing Cracker into the wholecake chateau

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information