View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
866. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

315 36.37%
  • hmmm..maybe

231 26.67%
  • No!

320 36.95%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282
Results 5,621 to 5,632 of 5632

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    He worked on DBS#14 and did a short segment on the second opening as well. There is obviously no guarentee he'll become a regular on the show, but coincidentally returning as TMW ends does make it look that way.
    He's not going to become a regular, not with Super's awful schedule

not only Onishi who was working on super this week ,there also :
    Manabe Shuiichiro, Ide Takeo, Inaba Jin Tate Naoki, Shida Naotoshi, Takahashi Yuya, and im not surprising to see kenji kuroyanagi on super soon

and comparing this to one piece 807, 808 , i think there is big difference
    so, i think they need to stop making special episode like : episode of luffy,sabo, 3D2y ..

why panicking? there's nothing wrong if Ryo Onishi stayed on super for the rest of the arc, and he'll most likely do so, and it's not like the One Piece anime is in a dire situation and needs him sooner than later anyway. Also, so far, we were in dialogue heavy episodes, so why should we expect such strong animators to work on these episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    why panicking? there's nothing wrong if Ryo Onishi stayed on super for the rest of the arc, and he'll most likely do so, and it's not like the One Piece anime is in a dire situation and needs him sooner than later anyway. Also, so far, we were in dialogue heavy episodes, so why should we expect such strong animators to work on these episodes?
    Onishi is very strong at character acting, which is why he's a fan favourite among One Piece sakuga fans.

https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/34954
    https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/37928
    https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/37930
    https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/34965
    https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/34953
    https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/34952

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Onishi is very strong at character acting, which is why he's a fan favourite among One Piece sakuga fans.
    I know that. But would he, the producers, the directors and even his fans rather for him to do some character animation or some action animation? I think the answer is obvious. Most fans, even Japanese ones can accept a still as long as it has a nice model and is done for a dialogue scene, the same fans won't accept wonky action.
    I'm one of those people who think good character acting has been underrated in this medium, but who am I kidding, this won't change anytime soon, specially for shonen shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    I know that. But would he, the producers, the directors and even his fans rather for him to do some character animation or some action animation? I think the answer is obvious. Most fans, even Japanese ones can accept a still as long as it has a nice model and is done for a dialogue scene, the same fans won't accept wonky action.
    I'm one of those people who think good character acting has been underrated in this medium, but who am I kidding, this won't change anytime soon, specially for shonen shows.
    Wonky action has essentially become a trademark of One Piece nowadays. I think the last fight in One Piece that put me on the edge of my seat was Smoker vs Vergo in #616, and before that Whitebeard vs Akainu animated by Kenji Kuroyanagi or the small Ace vs Filler Guy animated by Naoki Tate. One Piece has a pretty impressive staff even comparing it to Super, but since Dragon Ball is such an action oriented show, a lot of action oriented staff seems to migrate to it, where on the other hand the much more dialogue heavy One Piece seems to be left in the dust. Having Noboru Koizumi animate and supervise Luffy vs Sanji was undoubtedly the best thing I've seen in One Piece in a very long time in regards to action. So refreshing and yet nostalgic. I really hope we see more from him.

I believe Character acting is something you learn to appreciate as you grow older and watch a show multiple times. When you're watching something for the first time, you're a lot more fixated on the story being told through your ears rather than your eyes. (Both are still important of course). When I rewatched One Piece for the first time was when I first started noticing an animator's individual style, which eventually brought me here

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    He's not going to become a regular, not with Super's awful schedule
    If Super still has an "awful schedule", then i'd worry about One Piece, as DBS has been a whole lot more consistent. You just sound extremely jealous saying that.

Their special was so much more amazing than OP's that it's almost embarrassing, and that's coming from someone who loved 808. DBS just knocked everything out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    If Super still has an "awful schedule", then i'd worry about One Piece, as DBS has been a whole lot more consistent. You just sound extremely jealous saying that.

Their special was so much more amazing than OP's that it's almost embarrassing, and that's coming from someone who loved 808. DBS just knocked everything out of the park.
    Super does have an awful schedule and its very well documented that it does. They pack the episodes full of Key Animators and then have the Chief ADs correct a good chunk of the art and animation to look good and consistent. Also, both specials were great, but they both fell short of really reaching even greater heights by padding the hell out of the episodes. Also, I'm not going to compare how a non fight like Luffy VS Sanji was handled compared to a very serious one like Goku VS Jiren, because they both require different types of animation and atmosphere to pull their fights off, so it's not fair to say that Super's special made One Piece's embarrassing. Ryo Onishi needs lots of time to animate as well as he does and on something like Super, that'll happen once every good 50 or 100 episodes. One Piece should be more consistent now that a lot of the chatty episodes are done

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

I get the feeling that originally Super was the only show planned to get a special and the One Piece one was a relatively late decision by Fuji TV when they got wind of the Kamen Rider timeslot change, or just decided to match what Super was doing since the timing worked out given the manga content that was being covered. It would explain why 807 was 95% oddly-cut recap.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

One Piece definitely has a better production schedule given that of the two it's special was the only one that included actual footage in its advertising from a month out and on.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Dragon Ball Super still has a bad schedule, there is no argument about that. In Super there are two or three animation directors working on each episode, and there is a relatively soon episode that will have three storyboard artists which is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I get the feeling that originally Super was the only show planned to get a special and the One Piece one was a relatively late decision by Fuji TV when they got wind of the Kamen Rider timeslot change, or just decided to match what Super was doing since the timing worked out given the manga content that was being covered. It would explain why 807 was 95% oddly-cut recap.
    I believe it is quite the opposite. If the One Piece special was the one that was made later it wouldn't be what we got. It would have most likely been whatever we got in episode 808 + whatever episode 809 will cover. The huge amount of flashback was made so that new fans can be on the same page as the old fans regarding the episode, otherwise why would they fill episode 807 with flashbacks? It's not normal for them to do that.
    If you think about it, the two episodes of the One Piece special had the same director, animation director, and script writer. While Super's special had different staff for each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

One Piece definitely has a better production schedule given that of the two it's special was the only one that included actual footage in its advertising from a month out and on.
    I recall that it was actually the other way around, with One Piece's team thinking of doing it first. Also, that is a perfect example to show how One Piece's schedule is compared to Super's. I mean, 109 of Super had 3 ADs, 2 Assistant ADs and a Chief AD while a One Piece episode will have one AD, sometimes two, and the series' only Chief AD who doesn't correct as much as Super's CADs do
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; October 8th, 2017 at 02:22 PM.

There isn't even enough action content in the one piece manga to support the justification of all those action animators, last 5 years most of the best animation are all filler scenes the animators or storyboarders just add.

Look at smoker vs vergo as an example 90% is all filler with top notch animation.

There's all ready plenty of talented animators and directors on the rota currently.
    Last edited by Machineman; October 8th, 2017 at 06:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information