View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
869. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

317 36.48%
  • hmmm..maybe

232 26.70%
  • No!

320 36.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 286 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286
Results 5,701 to 5,718 of 5718

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

Grest to see the legendary Komaki back in the director seat.

I use post great brackground art in this thread.

My fav is ace/sabo arc, zou, the story hats individual side story arc when they where split up.

The best backgrouds are normally found in flashack strories.

Dragon Ball Super is ending in March, so I guess we'll probably see the return of Shimanuki and maybe Tate soon

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Dragon Ball Super is ending in March, so I guess we'll probably see the return of Shimanuki and maybe Tate soon
    ... Wait.. Ending ending?! I haven't heard this news before

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    ... Wait.. Ending ending?! I haven't heard this news before
    https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954086203044675584

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Well damn... That should be around the time of the Wedding ceremony I suspect, so hype to have a lot of amazing animation for that part of the arc!

It'll probably return next year. Good thing for Super, maybe it can fix its schedule. Crossing my fingers that we'll see Tate and Onishi come back. Fukuzawa was apparantly hyping this year for OP, so I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    It'll probably return next year. Good thing for Super, maybe it can fix its schedule. Crossing my fingers that we'll see Tate and Onishi come back. Fukuzawa was apparantly hyping this year for OP, so I'm excited!
    Let's hope they don't go to Kitaro's new series.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

I'm okay with Shimanuki staying off of One Piece, thanks. Well, key animating would be okay I guess since his better modern stuff reminded me if Toshiharu Sugie, but he was stinking up the joint as an animation director by the end of his One Piece tenure.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I honestly think that Shimanuki and Ide will return with maybe some of the other supervisors that Super has gathered together if they aren't working on the new movie. Definitley going to be seeing some old and new key animators on the show from Super as well (fingers crossed for Tate for supervision and key animation)

I imagine Tate will be off working on the film. Hell, most of Dragon Ball Super's main key animators will probably be working on the film coming out in December.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

I honestly think that Shimanuki and Ide will return with maybe some of the other supervisors that Super has gathered together if they aren't working on the new movie. Definitley going to be seeing some old and new key animators on the show from Super as well (fingers crossed for Tate for supervision and key animation)
    It's highly unlikely for Ide to not work on the movie, the chances for someone like him, who happens to be the second most iconic current animator working on Dragon Ball to leave, are extremely low. And just like what Crossword said, Shimanuki is better off away from One Piece. As for Naoki Tate, while it's hard to guess since he didn't work on Fukkatsu no F, I still expect him to work on the upcoming Dragon Ball movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    I imagine Tate will be off working on the film. Hell, most of Dragon Ball Super's main key animators will probably be working on the film coming out in December.
    I won't say most, because Dragon Ball Super had double the amount of normal staff, mainly due to scheduling issues (and being so heavy on action on weekly basis), but still. Movies don't consume a lot of staff, or at least doesn't get that amount to stay busy for 9 months, and if we took the possibility that some freelance will join the key animation team, which most likely will happen, it's safe to assume that plenty of animators will leave. So people like Yoichi Onishi and Yasuhiro Namatame might not stick with the franchise, specially if the hypothetical new dragon ball series gets a proper planning. There's also the fact that other than Kitaro, Toei is also working on a new project called Bakutsuri Bar Hunter, that'll likely be a new tv anime starting in April, so both that and Kitaro will likely grab a couple of people out of Dragon Ball. That's also a reason for why I think the chances of anybody moving to One Piece is pretty low.

Most of DBS (in-house) animators will attend the movie, and it's confirmed that Tu will join the Precure team.

There might be gaps between the movie and TV if the storyboard wasn't finished that early, so some animators might attend One Piece for a while after the finishing of DBS TV.

In addition, according to the main staff list of Kitaro, it seems that this show is made mainly by the former Appmon team.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Direction wise, it's confirmed that Yutaka Nakashima will also return to One Piece. He's drawing storyboard for an episode now.

In Episode of East Blue, Hiroyuki Sato was the episode director of Usopp and Sanji Parts, and in Sanji Part he also did the storyboard. So indeed Sato has already returned to One Piece for quite a while.
    Last edited by Sun_Chopper; January 19th, 2018 at 03:39 AM.

I wonder what Nakamura Ryouta will be doing, then. He's probably storyboarding and directing Episode #130 or #131 right now. He's done some great boards before, so it'll be interesting to see where he goes afterward.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

Looks like Shida wants to work on Luffy vs Katakuri

Spoiler:

Super Is Ending Soon Noooo T_T
    Im so sad :(

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

lol at someone asking if he's had pineapple pizza.
    Spoiler:
    Another scene I could see Shida doing is part of the Sulong Carrot sequence since it has a lot of zooming and gliding motion that would easily fit his style. Even if he doesn't draw it I'm interested in how it's going to look since between Dragon Ball, Digimon, and Pretty Cure Toei has a lot of experience with that kind of thing.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

He thinks early One Piece character design was wonderful. I feel so validated.
    Last edited by Jakisuaki; January 19th, 2018 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Looks like Shida wants to work on Luffy vs Katakuri

Wow, I love his style So hype and can't wait

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information