View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
873. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

319 36.54%
  • hmmm..maybe

232 26.58%
  • No!

322 36.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 294 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,860 of 5867

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Shida was asked on Twitter who was working in the same room as him and he responded with this: https://twitter.com/naoV47/status/98...657350145?s=19 He is still working on his One Piece scene so I'd say that it's likely that these people are also working on One Piece too considering that Hisada and Yokoyama are also there too--- Update From New Post Merge ---In terms of confirmed news: Tu Yong-Ce, a really great key animator on Dragon Ball Super, has joined the One Piece anime team apparently
    Indeed there is no connection between where the animator seats and which show he or she is working on.

I'm very happy that they have Tu on the team now, he was able to do some fantastic work on Dragon Ball Super and I have no doubt that he will be doing some fantastic work on One Piece too

I'm very happy that they have Tu on the team now, he was able to do some fantastic work on Dragon Ball Super and I have no doubt that he will be doing some fantastic work on One Piece too
    Tu attended today's #832 for help as an 2nd KA :D
    Last edited by Tomorrow_D; April 14th, 2018 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrow_D View Post
    Tu attended today's #832 for help as an 2nd KA :D
    Awesome that we're seeing his first piece of work on the series this soon
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; April 14th, 2018 at 05:30 PM.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Given how enthusiastic he seemed to be in that interview I'd certainly hope so unless it ended up being an incredibly soul-crushing experience

The reasoning given about Toei's frame count averages being generally on the low end is interesting. It does fit with other stuff I've read about Toei treating their animators pretty well compared to other studios.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Given how enthusiastic he seemed to be in that interview I'd certainly hope so unless it ended up being an incredibly soul-crushing experience

The reasoning given about Toei's frame count averages being generally on the low end is interesting. It does fit with other stuff I've read about Toei treating their animators pretty well compared to other studios.
    It makes sense. The schedule is going to be terrible, so it's best not to kill their staff trying to do complex animation. If they were smarter about their scheduling they could probably pull off heavier episodes more often. There's no reason One Piece couldn't have episodes like it did during Enies Blue and Thriller Bark again if they would just properly schedule shit.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

I wanna ask something, someone write his name wrong and this is the same person or they are 2 different person? I mean Yoshinori Koyama and Yasunori Koyama. Because i want to know if Ito will work on ep 835 with the same guy that he was working on 829 or with someone else.

I think that's just a typo and they're supposed to be the same person. Like every once in a while I find myself typing "Shigenori" Shingaki instead of Shigefumi Shingaki.

The Tokyo One Piece Tower animation looks like it was done by Hisada, Inoue and Kimitaka Ito, maybe Takara too https://one-piece.com/news/detail/20180326_7055

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Tu has stated that he's waited for a year and a half to be on the One Piece team and he is excited to be on it now. His debut was doing 2nd KA for when the cake appeared out of the ground
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; April 15th, 2018 at 07:23 PM.

The Tokyo One Piece Tower animation looks like it was done by Hisada, Inoue and Kimitaka Ito, maybe Takara too https://one-piece.com/news/detail/20180326_7055

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Tu has stated that he's waited for a year and a half to be on the One Piece team and he is excited to be on it now. His debut cuts were when the cake appeared out of the ground
    The cake scenes were still not his own cuts since he only did the 2nd KA in this episode. (Have to say that I was not a big fan of those scenes lol)

By the way the SB and ED of #835 is Tokoro indeed according to the NewType, not Koyama.
    Last edited by Tomorrow_D; April 15th, 2018 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrow_D View Post
    The cake scenes were still not his own cuts since he only did the 2nd KA in this episode. (Have to say that I was not a big fan of those scenes lol)

By the way the SB and ED of #835 is Tokoro indeed according to the NewType, not Koyama.
    Well it was rushed and he only cleaned it up so it's not indicative of what he's capable of, he'll show off pretty soon because he's been given the CAD reference sheets for key animation. He only did the cake appearing scene towards the beginning, not the ending

Well it was rushed and he only cleaned it up so it's not indicative of what he's capable of, he'll show off pretty soon because he's been given the CAD reference sheets for key animation. He only did the cake appearing scene towards the beginning, not the ending
    Do you have a gif or something of his cuts in other series?

Thanks!

Well here's his small section on sakugabooru. Dragon Ball Super and Pokemon Sun and Moon are the only shows represented.

Now, when they are done with this animation for Op tower i hope we will see Inoue and rest of the people who work with this on Tea Party.

I'm really happy to see they're using the new color palette for all the additional animation like this. It's been a year since they changed it but it feels like yesterday. I'm still not used at the anime looking good again.

It's nice to see the change from the stale oda-like color palette that they've used since the timeskip. I was a little concerned when the opening one again featured everyone's favourite mustard-haired cook, but it seems like it's not exclusive to the TV anime. Now if only they'd go back to using jet blacks (Or just more contrasty colours like Umakoshi's MHA designs).

No such thing as per time skip or post time skip colour palette.

The colour palette had always been changing on a per arc bases.

Water 7 to thriller bark have to completely different colour palette.

Fishmen land and dress rosa have hugely different colour palette, hell even the designs are very different.

Well that's sort of true, but the difference after the timeskip is much larger. The slight variations in color palette pre-timeskip facilitate different lighting conditions, but after the timeskip they're sporting different skin colours altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco Boshi View Post
    I'm really happy to see they're using the new color palette for all the additional animation like this. It's been a year since they changed it but it feels like yesterday. I'm still not used at the anime looking good again.

https://images2.imgbox.com/fc/ba/jZG7ew82_o.png
    Where is this animation from?

Special animaton for Tokyo One Piece Tower.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information