+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110
Results 2,181 to 2,189 of 2189

Thread: Gintama Discussion

Default Re: Gintama Discussion

Gintama reached its peak with the Farewell Shinsengumi arc. and began its downfall with the Shouyou/Utsuro revelation. Poor thing has been in a walking dead state for years now, like it used to be my number one and now I can't remember last time I read a chapter. Anyway, it's time.

I can understand that. I think the Shouyou/Utsoro revelation was fine. It could've been handled poorly but it wasn't. My issue is this epilogue feels really unneededed. The battle against Utsuro felt complete and ended in a great way. Yet it just keeps going.

Disagree on how "needed" the epilogue was. These characters deserve more than the "Final Fantasy" aproach that was mocked when this exercise started. While Utsuro and Takatsugi could have just died back then and this is just a reunion arc (and without a serious coure this epilogue would have ended already), this is completelly in the spirit of Gintama, of mocking your expectations, and going one notch over the top again.

Besides, Sorachi is less than 7 chapters away to have more chapters than Naruto and Bleach, with that goal in sight it would be anti-shonen jump not to go the extra mile.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Disagree on how "needed" the epilogue was. These characters deserve more than the "Final Fantasy" aproach that was mocked when this exercise started. While Utsuro and Takatsugi could have just died back then and this is just a reunion arc (and without a serious coure this epilogue would have ended already), this is completelly in the spirit of Gintama, of mocking your expectations, and going one notch over the top again.

Besides, Sorachi is less than 7 chapters away to have more chapters than Naruto and Bleach, with that goal in sight it would be anti-shonen jump not to go the extra mile.
    Seconding this. The Gorilla wouldn't be the Gorilla if he swung anyway else.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Haha, at this point I think they're just surpassing Naruto and Bleach in length and will then end it not long after. It will be weird to see it gone from the WSJ roster. The oldest thing after, of course, OP and HxH will be Haikyuu!! from 2012. 2012! So many series have finished in the last 3-4 years, it's kind of sad. Kochikame, Naruto, Bleach, Toriko, Beelzebub, Ansatsu Kyoshitsu, and so on. Most of them ended quite badly, unfortunately...
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Toriko at least had its two great final chapter, the weeding and the space gun touched upon everything that was good about the series.

Assclass wasn't perfect but it was the series with the least mistakes

Bleach got screwed by Kubo trying to screw over the editorial department

Naruto, besides the post war orgy caused marriages, was fine, a little less good for the need of launching Boruto instead of ending, but as an ending it was OK.

I am sad that I can't remember Beelzebub ending. There was something about human generals and the demon world and furukishi and demon powered tissues and a wall of demon seals.. But nothing concrete...
    SW-4128-8032-0729

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Sorry, Naruto's ending was... fine? Not on my book. Everything about the war and after was utter crap that didn't make any sense anymore. But to each his own. Toriko may have had one or 2 good final chapters, but for a long time before those, the series degenerated to such a sorry point that it wasn't even funny anymore. Kind of like what's happened to Soma as of late. AssassClass was as close to a perfect shonen Jump series as I remember. Short, sweet, to the point. Did not deviate a bit from its original concept, kept faithful to its themes and goals... Great. I compare it to Neverland and Dr. Stone now, but still hold it in a higher regard than the latter 2.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

It looks like Gintama possibly going to end within 5 chapters.

Is this like last time that climax got misstranslated as conclusion or we got a proper countdown this time?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information