+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Spielberg's The Adventures of Tin-Tin

Default Spielberg's The Adventures of Tin-Tin

After being announced a couple of years ago, they finally seem to be making headway on the CGI motion capture Tin-Tin trilogy based on the Red Rackham storyline. The first film will be based on Secret of the Unicorn and will be written by Stephen Moffat, Joe Cornish, and Edgar Wright.

The cast includes:

Tin-Tin - Jamie Bell
    Thomson\Thompson - Simon Pegg\Nick Frost
    Captain Haddock -Andy Serkis
    Red Rackham - Daniel Craig

The film will be directed by Steven Spielberg with it's followup to be directed by Peter Jackson. The animation will be done by Jackson's WETA.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Default Re: Tin-Tin has been cast.

Wait are we talking about "The adventures of Tin-Tin" Where that guy goes and solves mysteries and sometimes has semi-interesting action sequences?

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

Not to mention the cornerstone of my childhood.

I can't really imagine how this would look with stop-motion, but since no one seems to want to touch traditional animation with a 30 foot when it comes to theatrical productions these days, I guess I'll take what I can get.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

omg XD Steven Moffet <3 He will make the film itself worth seeing himself.

why do you guys call him Tin-Tin? it's Tintin in only one word.

anyway, daniel craig as red rackham could be awesome. there has been a couple french (maybe belgian) movies about Tintin but they were lame original stories and were only some bad tv-movies, so let's see how it can turn out. but spielberg and jackson are not people i expect big things from, seeing how spielberg raped indy lately and how i didn't think the lotr trilogy was THAT well done.

Considering I loved the Nelvana series on HBO, I really hope the Tintin movies turn out well. Herge was a pioneer of comics in Belgium (well, the Franco-Belgian style) and around the world and he deserves respect if done correctly.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

They need to do a 7 Crystal Balls/Prisoners of the Sun one.

Isn't tintin a french comic?
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Belgian.

I was never really into Tintin, Asterix and Lucky Luke were more of my thing but this has potential to be awesome.
    Last edited by Yoska; January 31st, 2009 at 04:25 PM.

I didn't know about this, but it's very exciting.

I read all the stories and watched the animated series on Nickelodeon when I was like... 10.

While I can't picture Andy Serkis('s voice) as Captain Haddock, it seems natural to expect great things from him.
    Art! (now with Dragon Slayer Ornstein, Limbo Boy, and La Mulana's Lemeza!!):
    http://awasai.deviantart.com/
    http://forums.arlongpark.org/showthread.php?t=18293

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

I read about the movie project in The Economist about two months ago. Their forecast as I recall was something along the lines of "Americans aren't going to get it" and I pretty much agree.

I'm also not surprised people felt it was French given how the author tried to distance the Belgian origin.

I don't think this movie will be taken seriously in the Philippines either.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    I read about the movie project in The Economist about two months ago. Their forecast as I recall was something along the lines of "Americans aren't going to get it" and I pretty much agree.
    Not that I'm arguing, but what exactly do they/you mean? The sleuthing to catch rascally drug smugglers? The chase scenes in old-fashiony cars? The alcoholic character in what is essentially a children's comic?
    Art! (now with Dragon Slayer Ornstein, Limbo Boy, and La Mulana's Lemeza!!):
    http://awasai.deviantart.com/
    http://forums.arlongpark.org/showthread.php?t=18293

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Not that I'm arguing, but what exactly do they/you mean? The sleuthing to catch rascally drug smugglers? The chase scenes in old-fashiony cars? The alcoholic character in what is essentially a children's comic?
    I think what he means is that Tintin really has no history or connection to anyone outside of Europe. While there it is one of the key (if not THE key) to an entire comic industry based in Belgium and France (trust me, I've been to the museum in Brussels and they're building a Herge museum opening this year), the Americans may not get a lot of it even if a lot of the themes and stories in the series are rather universal. (heck, Speilberg got the idea for doing this after someone suggested that Indiana Jones was a lot like Tintin) The movies I think could be successful but it's not going to make Americans really read the comics or appreciate what the Europeans do in the character.

Heck, the only real Franco-Belgian comic that even has relevance in the states are the Smurfs...and that was sort of bastardized thanks to Hanna-Barbera.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Tinitn announced for 2011/2012
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090529/...llbGJlcmczOXM-

I wonder who they got to play the thompson brothers or the professor who appears in a few to many of the comics

i thin the Unicorn comic is the only one of few i havent read yet
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    I grew up watching Tintin on Nickelodeon. I think my generation is the only one who's really aware of it in America.

I've started reading the comics, and the artwork is unbelievably good.

Oh yeah - heard about this a good while back when it was
    first announced they'd be made (at Cannes, was it?)

Steven Moffat will do very well, if some of you want to see the quality of his writing,
    he has written several episodes of Doctor Who & will be the Main Writer/Head Writer for S5 onwards,
    he also did a modern day retelling of Jekyll, and various other projects !

His main style of writing is very dark grimm plots e.g. (Dr. Who/Jekyll)

But I'm sure he'll change to adapt, infact he'll have to soon,
    As he's the head showrunner for DWho S5 !
    Last edited by Kuminator; May 30th, 2009 at 12:35 PM.

King of the Klondike "LC"_Lapen's Avatar

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...kson-and-34134

Empire Magazine scored the first glimpse of Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg's adaptation of the Herge comics.

The magazine's cover re-creates an iconic Tintin image. The other two are from the movie itself.

The movie is being done in CGI with actors such as Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in an effort to faithfully capture Herge's clean linework and not just have actors shoehorned into the part.

We still have a long time to wait; the movie doesn't come out until Dec. 28. 2011.

Yo Ho Ho, and a bottle of Rum~
    Red Rackham's Treasure, here we come~!

can't they leave things alone?

first they messed up the marvel comic characters and even changed the damm story
    also messed up dragonball
    then messed up avatar
    now they are going to mess up tin tin?

this is getting out of hand and it better be damm epic or else heads might start rolling

King of the Klondike "LC"_Lapen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by looking_at_you View Post

first they messed up the marvel comic characters and even changed the damm story
    then messed up avatar

this is getting out of hand and it better be damm epic or else heads might start rolling
    After seeing Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Coraline, and Walking Dead, my faith in book-to-film/TV projects is being steadly restored. If that leaked Deadpool script comes to pass, then color me optomistic.

But all we have to go on so far are two screenshots and a voice cast. Plenty of room for hope.

Quote Originally Posted by looking_at_you View Post

Uhm... you are aware that theres thousands of Marvel comics and they've messed themselves up just fine over the years, right?

then messed up avatar
    No, these creators actually have respect for the property. Spielburg? Zemekis? Jackson? The man that brought us Roger Rabbit and Back to the Future I'll always give the benefit of the doubt... even if his mo-cap stuff is weird.

And the writer, Moffatt, gave us the best Doctor Who eps in some time, so he's a talent.
    Last edited by Robby; November 2nd, 2010 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    It was a silly theory. Read: No retort necessary.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information