+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

Default Resident Evil 6

How many Resident Evil games have there been now? Around eight in the main series and countless others in spin-offs, yeah? Better prepare yourself. Capcom says that all of that was only just "act one" of the Resident Evil saga.

Last month, Resident Evil producer Jun Takeuchi hinted that Resident Evil 5 (PS3, Xbox 360) will be the "last of its kind" and that RE6 will be a reboot. Capcom's Chris Kramer sheds more light on this, explaining that RE5 is a kind of "waving goodbye" to many of the the storylines and characters in previous games:

Itís a really good time for new players to jump in, because what weíre doing is kind of waving goodbye to a lot of storyline elements from, essentially, act one of the Resident Evil franchise.

Resident evil 5 is really setting the franchise up for whatís going to happen now going forwards, so establishing new characters and storylines, and pretty much a new direction for the game.

If youíre late to the party and you havenít been playing the games for the past 15 years, all you need to know is that the gameís a lot of fun and just filled with action, so you donít have to worry about the plot, as weíre kind up picking up and starting afresh.

Here's hoping they actually put the horror back into the franchise.
    Source-
    http://www.qj.net/All-previous-Resid.../49/aid/129513

Flame on you faggoty fanboys, cuz persoanlly, I just want to see how this direction will go, if later games are good, then all the better.
    Oh and continuity can suck it.

Default Re: Resident Evil 6 will mark a reboot for the series

....Act 1?

The past dozen games actually formed a storyline?

Since when?

lol, i can see it now:

Resident Evil Wars. The brand new console RTS by Capcom!!

just kidding, but I am interested in what's to come. I find it surprising that they're talking about this publicly already.

"waving goodbye" to many of the the storylines and characters in previous games:
    So no Rebecca,Sherry,Carlos,Ada, or Billy?

Under bus they go.

Here's hoping they actually put the horror back into the franchise.
    Here's also hoping people stop acting like pussies and let their balls drop.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; March 18th, 2009 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    So no Rebecca,Sherry,Carlos,or Billy?

Under bus they go.
    Phew, glad to hear that. I was getting worried for a second. I'd be completely fine if I never saw them again.

Now Barry and Hunk, it would suck to see them go. I still wish they got their own game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    Phew, glad to hear that. I was getting worried for a second. I'd be completely fine if I never saw them again.
    I wouldn't mind it if they were given actual closure.

Which is what Jill and Chris get.

What I don't understand is, how is this necessary? There is hardly any BACKSTORY to understand.

Zombie outbreak in a mansion. (RE0, RE1, REmake)
    Zombie outbreak in Raccoon City. (RE2, RE3, REOutbreak)

And then Zombie outbreak in random places. (RECV, RE4, RE5).

How is that a hard concept to understand for new players? The entire summary of this series is: "Shit happens!"

If this is true, a lot of fans will be outraged. We'll never get another Claire game, Ada's strife for romance was pointless, Billy and Rebecca will forever remain in limbo (I liked Billy), and Carlos was actually Luis (not really, but it gets rid of both of them).

I'd like to see something that takes place in the year 3000 maybe have cybernetic humans controlled by computer viruses. Then have the bosses be nanobot human based. Like a mechanical like Uroboros similar to terminator 2.

The Mutineer who succeeded DarX's Avatar

where the hell would the zombies be though?
    how to say my name: Darks, NOT Dar X, Dar X sounds retarded

Quote Originally Posted by DarX View Post
    where the hell would the zombies be though?
    I will shoot myself in the head if Zombies are ever brought back into the resident evil games.

uh, wasn't that the main thing of resident evil games though? that's like saying "lets take mickey mouse out of disney world"

uh, wasn't that the main thing of resident evil games though? that's like saying "lets take mickey mouse out of disney world"
    True but since Resident evil 6 will be a reboot to the series why not come up with something scarier than Zombies? I mean Zombies are just grotesque looking braindead dumbasses who take too long to get to you. I think Capcom put the Ganodo's and Majini in 4-5 to give fans something new cause Zombies will get old plus next gen games have to have enemies smarter than Zombies. Maybe next time they should change to humans spliced with animal DNA. I don't know it's just Zombies are just boring for me.

they should go with how left 4 dead did zombies.

I never played that game so I don't know what that would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldearing88 View Post
    I'd like to see something that takes place in the year 3000 maybe have cybernetic humans controlled by computer viruses. Then have the bosses be nanobot human based. Like a mechanical like Uroboros similar to terminator 2.

Yeah let's also give players the ability to move and shoot like Dead Space and have people complain about how much it's ripping off those two games.

It has nothing to do with what's coming after you.

It's how it's presented.

Silent Hill creatures are fucked up.

But if I saw one in broad daylight, I'd be like, "Huh...there's a big fucked up thing."

Realistic common weapons with heavily restricted ammunition in dark, extremely confined environments with limited health.

At no point does any part of that sentence describe an RE since CV.

Is it a bad thing?

HELL NO.

But it doesn't matter if they're zombies or pugilistic sunflowers, it's all in how they're presented in the game.

I still say the story won't change.

They said Onimusha would "never be the same" and WHOOP! THERE'S SAMANOSUKE AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER AND CONTINUING THE STORY!!!! Coincidentally from Capcom too, fancy that.

New style of play? Loss of a lot of the main characters? I think so. But it's definitely gonna be a, "JILL'S DEAD! NO MORE JILL!!!! oh there she is..."

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    New style of play? Loss of a lot of the main characters? I think so. But it's definitely gonna be a, "JILL'S DEAD! NO MORE JILL!!!! oh there she is..."
    Again I am so sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldearing88 View Post
    True but since Resident evil 6 will be a reboot to the series why not come up with something scarier than Zombies? I mean Zombies are just grotesque looking braindead dumbasses who take too long to get to you. I think Capcom put the Ganodo's and Majini in 4-5 to give fans something new cause Zombies will get old plus next gen games have to have enemies smarter than Zombies. Maybe next time they should change to humans spliced with animal DNA. I don't know it's just Zombies are just boring for me.
    What crack are you smoking?

Nobody made more fucked up zombies than Resident Evil. Plant zombie? Check! Insane zombie with super speed? Check! Creature with fucked up tongue? Check! Zombies capable of stretching their body? Check! Zombies made of fucking leeches? FUCKING CHECK, THOSE THINGS WERE MESSED UP! All of the above (except the plant zombie) were super fast! Zombies were just the generic obstacle that stood in your way. When a Hunter/Licker/Crimson Head/Tyrant/etc were coming your way, you were running and screaming like fuck!

If you want something stranger than Resident Evil, go buy/rent Parasite Eve 1 or 2.

If you want something scarier than Resident Evil, go play Silent Hill or Fatal Frame (or FEAR if either of those games are 'too slow').

You have no reason to bitch, because all classic Resident Evil fans have been waiting for their classic zombies to return. Many of us (including me) enjoy the new concept of zombies, but we haven't had a classic Resident Evil since Outbreak, and hardly ANYONE played that! We're most likely never going to get a classic RE. (What would be nice is if they gave online back for REOutbreak, it's not like they need to watch the server!)

I'm fine with the story alteration. I'm fine with new fighting concepts. But don't bitch about one of the greatest inventions of horror history.

Rant over. I apologize if I were too harsh.
    Last edited by Insider2000; March 18th, 2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to multi-quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

They said Onimusha would "never be the same" and WHOOP! THERE'S SAMANOSUKE AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER AND CONTINUING THE STORY!!!! Coincidentally from Capcom too, fancy that.
    I don't know what the hell Dawn Of Dreams was.

Discovered Stowaway evil monkey's Avatar

well it's about time for a change.
    RE5 feels exactly like RE4, only with better graphics.

And slightly shitified.

Don't get me wrong. It's a fucking fun game. But when I think about ALL the cool shit that happened in 4, it just doesn't compare.

Take the tiny shit, like treasures for instance.

I was playing with Gekko and he was like, "So can I combine any of the jewels to make better treasure?", and at first I thought, "Huh...why would you want to do that?" Then I remembered that in 4 you could make like fuckin' SUPER TREASURE by combining different shit.

I mean it's stuff like that. Really.

I dunno why it took so long. Graphics are SUPERB but they really took away a LOT of fun stuff instead of improving on it, and that's not cool.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information