+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

Default Re: Resident Evil 6 will mark a reboot for the series

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Wow. Have you been reading my posts?

Not once have I said: "Zombies are cooler than Ganados". The reason why I PREFER zombies is because I prefer the gameplay WITH zombies.

Before, Resident Evil wasn't about "kill all zombies", it was about survival.

When a bunch of zombie dogs busted through the windows, the instinct is to run like a madman.

If you had been playing the entire Resident Evil series BEFORE RE4 by killing everything you saw, I'm sorry but you were playing it wrong.
    Oh yeah sorry about that. The thing is though since it's a next gen game I'd like the shooting to stay realistic and like it is now. Now it's ashame resident evil 5 ended Wesker cause I would have loved to have seen plagas infected people with Uroboros tentacles coming out of their bodies like whips. Similar to the dogs in resident evil 4 then when they die their bodies get ripped to shreds and the uroboros fully advances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldearing88 View Post
    Oh yeah sorry about that. The thing is though since it's a next gen game I'd like the shooting to stay realistic and like it is now. Now it's ashame resident evil 5 ended Wesker cause I would have loved to have seen plagas infected people with Uroboros tentacles coming out of their bodies like whips. Similar to the dogs in resident evil 4 then when they die their bodies get ripped to shreds and the uroboros fully advances.
    Put spoiler tags on that.

Careful.

Otherwise, I actually agree. That would be interesting.

Put spoiler tags on that.

Careful.

Otherwise, I actually agree. That would be interesting.
    I don't know how to use spoiler tags could you tell me how to?

With Capcom giving the Megaman fans Megaman 9, I would think they'd pay attention to past RE fans. I guess I was wrong.
    A big reason for why Capcom even made Megaman 9 wasn't because of the fanbase but because it wasn't anywhere else they could go except back to the original series which was never given proper closure which in RE's case they can't do. The only thing they could do which at this point would be late is remake 2 & 3.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; March 19th, 2009 at 08:05 PM.

A remake of two would be awesome. Especially a new look for the creature Birkin turns into.

Concerning Resident Evil 5:

"Even if you want Albert Wesker to come back, there's no chance he's coming back from that." - Resident Evil producer Masachika Kawata referring to Resident Evil 5's ending

MegamanX - Plays the same, but completely different storyline and characters (with the exception Light).

I'm sorry but I couldn't let this slide. Megaman X is not a reboot, it's actually in the timeline after megaman.

Megaman dies somehow, so X is built. Wily built Zero to replace Bass, but no one knows what happens to anyone.

I'm still waiting for Capcom to FINISH the Megaman story.

Anywho, a reboot sounds awesome, I'm all up for a new start.

But did they really have to say "reboot"? The games have almost no continuity what so ever.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Personally, I don't care about Wesker being gone. I've always hated Wesker.

RE2 has always been celebrated as one of the best in the series, and that one didn't have a real human villian. Sure, we had:

-Annette Birkin, who was so powerfully evil, she was defeated by a pipe....
    -Chief Irons, best death in the series.

The game doesn't need a 'human' villian. Just put forth an obstacle of zombification and point me in a direction.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    I'm sorry but I couldn't let this slide. Megaman X is not a reboot, it's actually in the timeline after megaman.

Megaman dies somehow, so X is built. Wily built Zero to replace Bass, but no one knows what happens to anyone.

I'm still waiting for Capcom to FINISH the Megaman story.

Anywho, a reboot sounds awesome, I'm all up for a new start.

But did they really have to say "reboot"? The games have almost no continuity what so ever.
    Although I like Megaman, the story hasn't always been 100% solid. It may not be 100% of a reboot, but it is a major shift in pace.

I'm starting not to care less about the 'reboot' now.

I believe a few people suggested the RE series would probably take on a completely new story/characters.

Capcom producer Masachika Kawata mentioned that the future Resident Evil series will not have Albert Wesker, but he will still appear in remakes and prequels.
    Can't let it go. Not like that's a bad thing. But there it is.

Hey! it's been a while Greg!

and fuck the notion of a change in cast. All these years of developing the story and characters to go in a new direction?

Capcom is telling me that the end of Resident Evil 5 is the end of Chris Redfield's tale?

fuck that. what a shitty end then...

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    Capcom is telling me that the end of Resident Evil 5 is the end of Chris Redfield's tale?

fuck that. what a shitty end then...
    True that. Besides Leon, Chris and Albert were my favorite characters. RE 5 let me down as far as story between the two rivals. It should have been Chris and Jill against Wesker with Wesker maybe succeeding at infecting the world(would have been a GREAT basis for RE6), but the story/ending was lame. I am willing to give RE6 a shot, but man, they have a lot to do.

Yo Gekko. I'll be back soon. Wedding is over. Just the reception in Japan.

PS....

A good friend of mine, thinking I was keeping up with chapters while in the States, said to me, "Can you believe Ace is Roger's son!?"

*sigh*

There is no God.

Uh. Resident Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Uh. Resident Evil.
    Lol, the first part wasn't OT though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yo Gekko. I'll be back soon. Wedding is over. Just the reception in Japan.

PS....

A good friend of mine, thinking I was keeping up with chapters while in the States, said to me, "Can you believe Ace is Roger's son!?"

*sigh*

There is no God.

Uh. Resident Evil.
    Don't take it so hard, Greg. I've been spoiled on that and shitloads of other stuff. That's what I get for being 30 chapters behind.

Resident Evil, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Don't take it so hard, Greg. I've been spoiled on that and shitloads of other stuff. That's what I get for being 30 chapters behind.

Resident Evil, cool.
    Still waiting for Viz to start impel down, huh? Has it been stated how many chapters they were going to put in USSJ? If it's only 2 then why wait? Right now, for American Comics, I buy about 100 a month ($300). Most I download and read the week they come out (since I only get shipping 2 times a month and comics come out every week; only the weeks of my shipment do I wait) but I still like re-reading them when I finally get them in (for collection purposes).

I was thinking about it, but I know it'll be edited, so I'm not. I just haven't started reading. I stopped reading OP on the day I got my job, Jan. 15th, 2009. Ever since, when I'm not working I just mess around on the internet, draw, watch tv, and the occasional video game (very rare).

The moment I finally beat my DVR's 100% fullness (which has been the case since like... March) I'll concentrate on OP.

Hazzah, Resident Evil.

I'm ok with a reboot on the series, while gameplay of the last two was awesome, story kind of lacks continuity. I only hope they make some good spin-offs from the current "universe" to explain some storyline issues (like in Umbrella Chronicles).

So far Darkside Chronicles and a supposed Resident Evil is being released on the PSP.

I don't know if that PSP game is a port of the classic RE1.

Regardless, it better be good. I miss my classic RE style.

Then just play the original on the PlayStation Network or on the DS.

Anyways, they're talking about going down a different road now, acting like RE5 was the end simply cause Wesker is dead. But dammit we still have things unsettled. Beyond me thinking Rebecca needs more attention, whatever happened to Sherry?

Man, if I actually PLAYED these games, I'd feel so cheated. But I guess RE was never so much about the story, lending to the whole B-movie thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    But I guess RE was never so much about the story, lending to the whole B-movie thing.
    It was about the story at least that's what I think.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information