+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OP Character Tournament Coming Soon!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Default OP Character Tournament Coming Soon!

What's that? A character tournament?

That's right!

Arlong Park Forums are hosting a new One Piece Character Tournament!

For those who can't remember the last tournaments, or weren't around for them, the previous winners were Usopp and Franky.

This time around, the tournament is going to be BIGGER

...slightly

How so? Well...

For a start there'll be 128 characters taking part, double the amount of the last one!

It'll have it's own subforum in the OP General section. Making it a lot easier to keep track of all the matches.

Each match will be a 1 on 1 knockout style, with each match lasting 24 hours, except for the final match, which will be 48 hours.

How will it all work?

Well first up, there'll be the nominations, to decide the 128 characters that'll make up the tournament.
    Once that's out the way, the pairings for the opening round will be drawn up
    and the matches will take place, until we have our new winner!
    All of this will take place in the tournament subforum which can be found in the OP General section. You'll also find more details as they are announced, so make sure you check it out.

Excited? No!? Well go **** yourself.
    Details on how and when you can make your nomination will be posted very soon.

Default Re: OP Character Tournament Coming Soon!

I'm stupid, sorry. But how exactly does this work? I understood we're going to choose the characters first, but what's going to happen afterwords?

After all 128 participants are decided they will go in 1 on 1 battles. The losers get eliminated the winners advance to the next round. And let's make it clear already that this is a popularity poll, so somebody like Chimney can defeat Whitebeard. Just stating it because back then in the old tournaments many people launched a shitstorm how x character is stronger then y.

This is not what it is about. It's a popularity poll on which you guys vote for whom you like most or against who you hate the most. Excessive power level discussions are not what this is about.

Cool =D
    So in the last tournament Usopp and Franky were the most popular? Interesting.

No in the last tournament only Franky was most popular. Usopp won the tournament before that. But since Usopp wasn't allowed to enter the last tournament because of that, he is qualified too to make up for the screw up back then.

However if this tournament proves to run smoothly and should become an annual thing because of that it will be like this that only the current title holder be qualified.

yeah usopp my man :)

but is it like i vote for a chara..wait a few minutes and than could give him again points?? i know that we will get it quick after it`s started ,but so or so this question will come soon, so explain it and don`t make for us members who weren`t around the last time such a mistery out of it..
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Very awesome. This should be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    but is it like i vote for a chara..wait a few minutes and than could give him again points?? i know that we will get it quick after it`s started ,but so or so this question will come soon, so explain it and don`t make for us members who weren`t around the last time such a mistery out of it..
    Nope, this isn't like with the hurt and heal games. It's a 1 vs 1 poll. Each poll will be opened for 24 hours. Unless of course it ends in a draw, then we go into extra time. As I said before, the loser is out, the winner advances into the next round. It practically is a KO round tournament. Hope that explains it.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Very awesome. This should be very interesting.
    Oh it is interesting and very fun. The best thing back then was IMO the propaganda the members came up with. Both ways the "vote for x character" and the "eliminate y character propaganda" was very entertaining. It only gets annoying when people make an unconstructive bashfest out of it. This will not be tolerated by the mods and admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Nope, this isn't like with the hurt and heal games. It's a 1 vs 1 poll. Each poll will be opened for 24 hours. Unless of course it ends in a draw, then we go into extra time. As I said before, the loser is out, the winner advances into the next round. It practically is a KO round tournament. Hope that explains it.^^
    yeah only thing left is...how could you vote for your chara?..just once ,while he is in a battle...or more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    yeah only thing left is...how could you vote for your chara?..just once ,while he is in a battle...or more often?
    Only one vote per poll.

As far as nominations are concerned, does a character only need one nomination to qualify?

Yep, one nomination is enough.

If this was to be held right now Kid and Law would dominate it cause of how much people are fangasming over them lately. Don't get me wrong, I think they're "alright", but mainly just in design, I don't think they are worth the popularity. Part of me think it might just be the "new!" hype.

Either way, this should be fun and should be interesting to see what people choose. I still find it incredible how popular Usopp was back then and still is now.

Ooooohh.. this is gonna be fun. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    If this was to be held right now Kid and Law would dominate it cause of how much people are fangasming over them lately. Don't get me wrong, I think they're "alright", but mainly just in design, I don't think they are worth the popularity. Part of me think it might just be the "new!" hype.
    I think that Rayleigh and Garp are even more popular and having a huge hype right now. Wouldn't surprise me of either of them succeeds in eliminating a Strawhat.

Either way, this should be fun and should be interesting to see what people choose. I still find it incredible how popular Usopp was back then and still is now.
    Agreed. What I like about these tournaments is how recent developments very often have a big influence on the votes. That's why it is a pitty that we didn't have tournaments the last two years. Would have been a blast to observe the spirit of the time.^^

Honestly, characters like them were the only thing I was missing from One Piece. As someone who only recently caught up, the newness factor doesn't really affect me and I can say that Law and Kid are two of the most fun and exciting characters we've seen through the series so far.

fangasming...nicce nicce

USOPP is the best..all who are moaning"bwahhh he`s a wimp..isn`t cool" or such thing also were shocked when usopp wanted to leave the crew...he`s the fun factor and had great chara-development so far...he`s my favourite SH and that he is a previous winner just shows that this chara deserves to be honored..

Quote Originally Posted by Palochka View Post
    Honestly, characters like them were the only thing I was missing from One Piece. As someone who only recently caught up, the newness factor doesn't really affect me and I can say that Law and Kid are two of the most fun and exciting characters we've seen through the series so far.
    Law has no personality aside from "kind of a dick"

You're the reason this tournament will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Deltron 3030 View Post
    Law has no personality aside from "kind of a dick"

You're the reason this tournament will suck.
    i don't know about that. but i think kid is just supposed to be a dark Luffy.
    still a dreamer and adventurer but:
    calmer, more aggressive and more intelligent.
    but this doesn't make them bad characters just less interesting in my mind

i also have the opinion with near to none chra development you shouldn`t be able to win such a tournament...but why discussing it right now...it isn`t even decided now...so bashing now around is also that crapy like letting and undeveloped chara win.....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information