Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: First Round Discussion

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: First Round Matchups!

Man, I really hope Apoo is ready for Coby.

PS, I heard a rumor that coby is... NOT cool, I didn't say it I just heard it somewhere, just remember that when voting time comes around...

Camie! NOOOOO! She'll be turned to Sushi! :(
    And Crocodile vs. Vivi is just too great!
    History repeats itself, maybe we can change it this time, folks!

^LOL, one of the best warriors ine the one piece world vs. one of the worst.

Killer vs Dorry ... this is going to be tough.

Also:
    Hancock vs Bonney
    Nico Robin vs Margarethe

Nice catfights!

Cricket vs Foxy should be interesting. I doubt people have much of an opinion about Cricket in general, so it'll end up being those who like Foxy vs those who hate Foxy.

Also, why did Ivotas edit the post to put the last two matches on the same line?

^Oh, I thought Kaku Dorry was a character and it was going to be a 3 way battle, LOL. Well that makes more sense

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    This post doesn't explain it too well for me
    I'm still really confused on how to vote here

Do we just pick a certain number of matches and pick which chracter we like out of the two choices we have for each match?

and seriously, when does voting start?
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast and Another Day, Another Adventure: Dragon Ball Manga in Review
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

anyone else curious about ryuuma v. jinbei? two popular/very cool characters, but they dont have that main character shine like the crew or the cute factor of say a Laboon....could be an extremely close one

Quote Originally Posted by sniperking323 View Post
    This post doesn't explain it too well for me
    I'm still really confused on how to vote here

Do we just pick a certain number of matches and pick which chracter we like out of the two choices we have for each match?

and seriously, when does voting start?
    There will be one match per day, and each match will have its own thread. It'll be fairly obvious once it starts.

EDIT:
    @Sanjii Yeah that one caught my eye also, since it's one of the handful that I have trouble deciding who to vote for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjii View Post
    anyone else curious about ryuuma v. jinbei? two popular/very cool characters, but they dont have that main character shine like the crew or the cute factor of say a Laboon....could be an extremely close one

I don't really think not that many people could vote for Jinbei, cause you know, we don't really know much about his actual abilitys yet, but that's just my personal opinion
    So until that's all cleared up, I'd go with Ryuuma :3
    Last edited by sniperking323; April 20th, 2009 at 07:26 AM.
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast and Another Day, Another Adventure: Dragon Ball Manga in Review
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

Also I notice the Basil Hawkins vs Enel matchup. What's with Hawkins with light-based elementals lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    There will be one match per day, and each match will have its own thread. It'll be fairly obvious once it starts.
    Ah ok

Thanks man ^^

Long Live Osamu Tezuka!!! Justaway's Avatar

Maybe at some days there could be two matches on the same day. Also, answer my question: How do you guys pick these matchups?

one match per day, so it will end somewhere around half of august, am i right?
    The only reason for walking into the jaws of Death is so's you can steal his gold teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by shen_ron View Post

DAYUM O_O

That'd be a long ass time, but hey, this is kinda fun though :3

Quote Originally Posted by Justaway View Post
    Maybe at some days there could be two matches on the same day. Also, answer my question: How do you guys pick these matchups?
    There's no reason why we'd want this to be done quickly, it's fun so let's take our time. From what I understand, the matches were basically decided by pulling the names out of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by shen_ron View Post
    I asked that question earlier. There will be 127 total matches, and the last two rounds (3 matches) will be 2 day matches. Also, there may be a day off between some of the rounds. Therefore, the whole tournament should last a little over 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperking323 View Post
    I don't really think not that many people could vote for Jinbei, cause you know, we don't really know much about his actual abilitys yet
    So until that's all cleared up, I'd go with Ryuuma :3
    good point....but i think people will vote for him simply because he is a shichibukai and also he seems to be a very honorable character...also i dont think the lack of known abilities in a character like Sengoku will stop people voting for him either =P

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjii View Post
    good point....but i think people will vote for him simply because he is a shichibukai and also he seems to be a very honorable character...also i dont think the lack of known abilities in a character like Sengoku will stop people voting for him either =P

You also make a good point X3

and OMG! Inazuma vs. Bon Clay? O_O
    OKAMA WAR 2009!!!!!

I nominated Perona, so I have a good feeling for her in the first match.

However, I'm concerned for Kaku. WHITEBEARD? That's gonna be epic!
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

Just another Robin fan Tare_chan's Avatar

when starts the first battle?? and is this list also the order when which battle will appear?
    Yep.

Btw:

Jewelry Bonney VS. Boa Hancock
    What??? how can it turned out like this??? >_< whom should I choose???

Luffy VS. Spandam
    MWUAHAHAHA!! I'm looking foward to see Spandam get crushed Go LUFFY!!!

Blackbeard VS. Tashigi
    Say WHAT??!!! uurggh.... this is tough >_< don't worry Tash-chan... We'll do a massive campaign!!

Z/R Forever!!
    sig by: inori

Thread Information