+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 116 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

According to serebii.net, yep, the Kanto leaders are still around. After you beat them all you can get one of the Kanto starters from Oak.

I hope the game's overall difficulty is ramped up a bit. I remember the original not being terribly hard to power through.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I hope you can hatch eggs on that little thing you carry around.

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

[youtube]yCCxZ9SMABs[/youtube]

Also, I'll leave this, the sheet of trainer sprites. There're some spoilers towards the bottom.
    Spoiler:
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Damn, they got the music perfect for the most epic battle in Pokemon history. I still love the battle against your rival in Red better but the end fight in Silver was always better.

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

They had me at Giovanni.

Now we just to know how kanto is.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

*sigh* From the info from Serebii.net it still has the same thing I disliked about the originals. Weak ass Elite Four and Kanto Gym Leaders, and Cinnabar remains gone. Hopefully, they added much more depth to Kanto and it won't seem very short, and they make a E4 Revisit with much better teams.

At least some of the new sprites are really kickass. WHY IS KAREN NOT BLONDE?!

Also, by "Revisit", I mean, actually they revise their teams like in FR/LG, not bump 20 levels on their Pokemon.

Main 3DS FC: 1032 - 1840 - 6569 (Bixlow/KzT) - Full
    2nd 3DS FC: 2208 - 6439 - 6161 (Bixlow/Bixlow)

Game is fun, but without a translation I don't plan on playing much of it.
    But then again, I haven't even finished Diamond/Pearl yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post

Also, I'll leave this, the sheet of trainer sprites. There're some spoilers towards the bottom.
    What's with the DPPl trainers?

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

You'll probably be able to battle players using Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, so it's no surprise they included them.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    *sigh* From the info from Serebii.net it still has the same thing I disliked about the originals. Weak ass Elite Four and Kanto Gym Leaders, and Cinnabar remains gone. Hopefully, they added much more depth to Kanto and it won't seem very short, and they make a E4 Revisit with much better teams.

At least some of the new sprites are really kickass. WHY IS KAREN NOT BLONDE?!

Also, by "Revisit", I mean, actually they revise their teams like in FR/LG, not bump 20 levels on their Pokemon.
    Well most gym leaders seem a bit stronger (expect for Whitney who lost a level which is good. He miltank was a pain) And rematches (with new teams) have been confirmed, which is very good since all of red's team is in the 80's now.

I've got the game. I'm glad to see several Gym Leaders from Kanto got a massive boost. It was really stupid how Green and Red were the only trainers in GSC to have Pokemon at level 50 and above.

My one complaint is removing Red's Espeon and replacing it with Lapras. RED IS NOT ASH, GAMEFREAK! YOU CHANGED HIS DESIGN TO REMOVE THE CONFUSION!

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Well they probably wanted to make his line up all kanto. Plus with the love of dragons a ice type might be better.

Blastoise could've used Ice Beam....

~_~
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

Hey with surf waterfall and whirlpool being HMs there probably wasn't room.

Apparently to fight giovanni you need a cerebi and go to the shrine in ilex forest, You then be sent into the past so you can defeat him before he can go rejoin team rocket. Also you see him and silver talking which finally confirms them being father and son.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Haggis View Post
    Hey with surf waterfall and whirlpool being HMs there probably wasn't room.

Apparently to fight giovanni you need a cerebi and go to the shrine in ilex forest, You then be sent into the past so you can defeat him before he can go rejoin team rocket. Also you see him and silver talking which finally confirms them being father and son.
    In every PKMN game I play, I usually make a pokemon named "HMwhore" so that my other Pokemon doesn't have to bother with them
    3DS Friend Code: 4468-1765-5617 (Rock Safari)

So Serebii.net has the revised E4 teams up. Much better, but some of the teams still could have been better.

Main 3DS FC: 1032 - 1840 - 6569 (Bixlow/KzT) - Full
    2nd 3DS FC: 2208 - 6439 - 6161 (Bixlow/Bixlow)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Blastoise could've used Ice Beam....

~_~
    Ah just figured out the other reason. You fight him on the peak of mt. silver. The whole battle it's hailing so it makes sense he would use an ice type that wouldn't take damage from the hail.

They still can't figure out how to make the gym leaders rematches start though.

I got to say I can't wait till next Spring. That is when I will get my copy of the game.

I just love everything that is in the game. I mean there are some things that I don't like as in the Pal Park thing and the Safari Zone but it is cool that they are in there.

I can't wait to get my hands on that Celebi Event. Sounds awesome and mindwarping.

Serebii has the Gym rematches up. It's a shame that Falkner's Staraptor has to be his weakest. Heck, his Pidgeot is his strongest, just as with Green's Pidgeot being his strongest.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDPirate View Post
    I got to say I can't wait till next Spring. That is when I will get my copy of the game.

I just love everything that is in the game. I mean there are some things that I don't like as in the Pal Park thing and the Safari Zone but it is cool that they are in there.

I can't wait to get my hands on that Celebi Event. Sounds awesome and mindwarping.
    Actually, it's a separate event that requires a Celebi you've obtained prior to HG/SS. From what I've been told, only "Fateful Encounter" obtained Celebi can activate this event.

And why don't you like those two parks being in there? Bug Catching Contest was horribly lame and GameFreak originally intended to include the Safari Zone. Pal Park is obviously meant to not push away those who're playing with a DS Lite, since not everyone will be using a DSi.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information