+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Default Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukento View Post
    Actually, it's a separate event that requires a Celebi you've obtained prior to HG/SS. From what I've been told, only "Fateful Encounter" obtained Celebi can activate this event.

And why don't you like those two parks being in there? Bug Catching Contest was horribly lame and GameFreak originally intended to include the Safari Zone. Pal Park is obviously meant to not push away those who're playing with a DS Lite, since not everyone will be using a DSi.
    I meant the Celebi Event as a whole. Celebi and Fateful Encounter.

I never really liked the Pal Park even in Diamond and Pearl. While the Safari Zone to me just felt like it was thrown in there. IT is nice that it is in there but it feels like they wanted to add it in there for the heck of it and I guess the Safari Zone in DPPt left a bad taste in my mouth. (I didn't like the Safari Zone back in DPPt either. It was too small).

The Bug Catching Contest to me was fun. It was a competition where you had to go catch something. Something quick and fast to do. Then the moments where you actually find a scyther made it even better. IT is hard to describe the feeling of doing the Bug Catching Contest.

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

I always hated that the safari zone, wasn't in the orginal since I was one of my farvorite places to catch back in Red.

Plus now it really has customization out the wazoo.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

I've decided to go back and play my silver, since the rom for soul silver i have is a little laggy at times, specially during the pokethlon . So instead i'm going to beat the original all over again so it'll be fresh in my mind for when i get Soul Silver next spring. From what i played in the rom, up to my fourth badge, i can tell gyms are tougher, graphics are obviously better, the unown ruins look more bad ass, and a few changes to a couple of maps. Can't wait to actually have it in my language so i know what the hell the people want when they call me. Though from what i can remember the calls from other trainers will probably be the same, although i can't read them i remember most of the characters in the order they appear. And a lot of calls looked the same. Also since i was using an english patch, pokemon and item names appeared in english, and i got 3 calls from the same guy about his ratata.

Oh and maybe this is just me, but while looking for pokemon silver i saw my pokemon trading card game, and was wondering if anyone else liked it. I did, and would certainly buy a newer version, with more recent cards. I played through the entire game in about 5 hours. But i didn't get every card.

3DS FC: 0533-4788-6617 Ghost: Shuppet Pumkaboo Spiritomb

Hell, I'm still pissed that neither Nintendo or GameFreak are giving us a DS version. Somehow the GBC sequel missed leaving Japan (making it the, what, second Pokemon game not to come to Western shores?)

I LOVED the GBC card game and the actual card game itself. I really wish they would make a DS game.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Well i just looked it up and damn, i never new there was a TCG sequel. That sucks. Well hopefully someday we'll get a ds version, or what ever handheld nintendo has out when and if they make it. When i was in school i played the actual card game with my friends, until they banned pokemon cards because a lot of kids were fighting over it. Same happened with Yugi-oh cards, pogs, marbles, and just about any other game you can think of. All you ever saw was kids playing basket ball(which we couldn't play for a month at one point because of a fight), or soccer. Or kids on the swings seeing how far we jumped, until they took that away because one kid broke his leg. I really hated my school..... anyways kinda lost track of what i was saying. My point is i like the card game and would like a ds version with all, or most cards out right now, and of course some special in-game ones.

Default Pokemon GoldHeart and SilverSoul

This is a forum for the new remakes of Pokemon Gold/Silver. I was wonder if any one was getting one of them. I plan on getting Silver Soul since Silver was my favorite Pokemon game.
    Last edited by Yuudi; December 4th, 2009 at 03:58 PM.

Default Re: Pokemon GoldHeart and SilverSoul

I can't wait for them, either. I LOVED Gold/Silver. BTW, it's HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Wait, isn't there already a thread?

2014 Tournament Picks: Nami, Jinbei, Bartolomeo, Hancock, Fujitora, Caesar. Vivi
    3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic)

Default Re: Pokemon GoldHeart and SilverSoul

Yeah, there's alreayd a thread. They'll probably just merge this on.

But yeah, G & S were my Fav originals, so i hope they do it justice, and i'll get this when it comes out in the Spring.
    But after this, they really need to start getting more original games out - i know they're running out of colours, but ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Sorry about that. But I can't wait for SoulSilver coming out. So what Pokemon did you guys start out with? I picked Totodile for my starter. Sorry if I miss spelled the name of the Pokemon

I'm going through my Pearl finally so that I'll be able to make myself a decent team from the beginning of Silver. I've found two Dittos with good natures and decent IVs but it doesn't really make sense to wast their children on going through the game with that premade team because that would ruin my EV training.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuudi View Post
    Sorry about that. But I can't wait for SoulSilver coming out. So what Pokemon did you guys start out with? I picked Totodile for my starter. Sorry if I miss spelled the name of the Pokemon
    Cyndaquil here. :D

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukento View Post
    Cyndaquil here. :D
    Neat. I might do a trick to get all three starter Pokemon.

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

Cyndaquil here as well. I can't wait to put my sure-kill Typhosion/Poliwrath team from Gold back into action again.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I don't think it's the colors that are the problem. I think it's designing the pokemon. It must be hard, plus coming up with two new legendary pokemon to catch. 9 Starter pokemon designs. The design might not be so hard, but making them so that one isn't really over/underpowered must be. I also wonder what new eevee we'll see if a new one comes out. I wonder how dragon eevee will look.

Anyways on topic, i'm buying Soulsilver. I had silver when it came out so soulsilver is the way i'm going. I'm starting with Cyndaquil. I like fire pokemon the most. I want a charmander though. I have a DSi so can't put in a firered and catch it.

Cinderaquil for me, forever and ever... (until I need to have the other two for the pokedex)

I dunno if I should buy both of them like I did with GS back in the day...

There is probably is with some evens. Such as getting the spiky-ear Pichu. I hope they can do that in the US Release. I have to agree with Popeye as it would be difficult to make a new game and come up more Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder View Post
    Cinderaquil for me, forever and ever... (until I need to have the other two for the pokedex)

I dunno if I should buy both of them like I did with GS back in the day...
    Same here. Once you've had Cindaquil, you ain't never gon' lose until ...
    (All I could make rhyme) But yeah Cindaquil is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Totodile, definitely. Weird since I always pick Grass pokemon as my starters.

2014 Tournament Picks: Nami, Jinbei, Bartolomeo, Hancock, Fujitora, Caesar. Vivi
    3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic)

I always pick grass or water. Never fire though...

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

'Cause three out of the four generations start you off with a rock Gym Leader, perhaps? Since I always go with the water starter in every generation except for the second.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information