+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: FUNimation Simulcast Discussion

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: FUNimation to simulcast stream One Piece starting in late May

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Rogue View Post
    Legal grey area...? Someone has clearly never heard of the Berne Convention and how international law takes over when a show isn't licensed in certain parts of the world. So long as it's copyrighted in Japan, distributing it without permission regardless of where you are in the world is ILLEGAL. There never was a grey area.
    And it's the worst thing for whom? The people who actually break their backs making the show or the self entitled fans? Seriously, there ARE ways to change your computer's registered location so that you can sneak around the region locks. Why not try doing that instead of whining?
    No denying it's illegal but I like many others around the world have supported the industry for years and what do we get back, the finger while america gets everything and Oh right: Proxy servers should have thought about that. Guess what they don't work on region-locked flash videos. I can get onto funimations video site but it won't let me play any of the videos and it's the same for every damn site that has these damn region-locks. Even better soon there won't be dvd's anymore only blu-ray with unbreakable regionlocks. Long live progress.
    Last edited by vick86; May 14th, 2009 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    I also want to say that Funimation is working their asses off for us to make One Piece prefect as it can be for us fans in the u.s. that to suffer with the old dub.
    Let's be honest now. They're working their asses off because they got rights series with ten years worth of content to push out and if they don't get it out quickly it's going to lose value. I'm sure fan satisfaction is a happy bonus, but it is by no means their primary motive. They can't afford to sit on this stuff for a decade and not do anything with it.
    "And One Piece is a great title. We feel we needed to do the
    more authentic dub that's exactly like the Japanese version."

- Gen Fukunaga, CEO and Founder of Funimation

http://kubusubs.wordpress.com/2009/0...by-funimation/

tl;dr: We're an European group, as long as we don't get a C&D (which I'm sure we will but anyways), we won't stop subbing One Piece.

Well, I think it's wonderful news. I hope they catch up to the actual releases. Oh, the thought just occured to me that when I get my brother up to this point, I'll be able to switch back onto the FUNimation train. Huzzah!
    PSN: Samemind
    Brawl FC: 4253-3159-2512

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsaiy View Post
    This content is not available in your territory.
    FUNimation® Entertainment manages a full spectrum of rights for anime series acquired from producers in Japan. These rights include broadcasting, licensing, production, home video sales and distribution, as well as internet. The rights agreed upon may vary per series or per region. If you are receiving this message, FUNimation does not have the internet rights for this series in your area.

If you believe you are currently in a territory to which FUNimation has rights, please e-mail us your current location at Webmaster[@]Funimation.com so we can investigate the discrepancy.

Thank you for your interest!

Fantastic.
    Yeah regarding that. http://tools.rosinstrument.com/cgi-proxy.htm

I haven't had any luck myself (only tried 3 times) but maybe someone will come across one redirect that works.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus View Post
    http://kubusubs.wordpress.com/2009/0...by-funimation/

tl;dr: We're an European group, as long as we don't get a C&D (which I'm sure we will but anyways), we won't stop subbing One Piece.
    Good but I doubt you'll last long.

Quote Originally Posted by vick86 View Post
    Good but I doubt you'll last long.
    Yeah, but that's what I also said.

Edit: I managed to watch threir streams with a program called Hotspot Shield. Working fine here.

It's pretty cool that Funimation is doing this, it's a move in the right direction for sure.

That said, I'll stick with the fansubs. Testing out ep 391 on the funimation site, it seems that they don't have the bandwidth speed to handle this, the video keeps having to buffer every 30 seconds or so. It downloads verrrry slowly.

I think they should host these HQ on Youtube or something. Youtube loads fast, at least.

I'll stick with the HD fansubs for now, better quality, and quicker downloads.

The law needs to be respected, in any case. FUNimation is only able to load the show for Americans at this time. That might change, but who knows.

Unless I'm missing something, these videos are free and have no ads. So, if anything, by watching fansubs we're just saving Funimation some bandwidth, and not costing them any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho_Kenshin View Post
    It's pretty cool that Funimation is doing this, it's a move in the right direction for sure.

That said, I'll stick with the fansubs. Testing out ep 391 on the funimation site, it seems that they don't have the bandwidth speed to handle this, the video keeps having to buffer every 30 seconds or so. It downloads verrrry slowly.

I think they should host these HQ on Youtube or something. Youtube loads fast, at least.

I'll stick with the HD fansubs for now, better quality, and quicker downloads.
    This has been a problem with Funi's Fullmetal Alchemist release too. I have to let it sit for quite a while before I play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho_Kenshin View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, these videos are free and have no ads. So, if anything, by watching fansubs we're just saving Funimation some bandwidth, and not costing them any money.
    They do have ads, actually. Right before the episode, for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    They do have ads, actually. Right before the episode, for one.
    It just started off with the Toei logo for me. Anyways, One Piece has been licensed for years, but we still talk about and post fansubs on this forum. I don't see why this would change the policy on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    The law needs to be respected, in any case. FUNimation is only able to load the show for Americans at this time. That might change, but who knows.
    Easy for you Americans to say. Us Europeans need our One Piece fix too.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

I didn't have no ads on my watching of Funimation website watching of episode 391.

One Piece has been licensed for years, but those episodes were also years behind the current release, which is what most of us here watch. There was such a huge gap between what Funi was doing and what the fansubbers were doing that it didn't matter.

As of May 30... that gap will no longer exist.

Discovered Stowaway

What makes you think we want to break the law anymore than the rest of you. We're left with no choice. At least with fansubs everyone was in the same boat.

The question now is will Funi going to put up the subs of 144 and up now or they just going to wait until the dvds get caught up to the point before putting up those episodes. If so it going to be a while.

This is fucking awesome!

Also, I know I'm risking trouble by saying this, but to all the people bitching cause what this will do to ILLEGAL fansubs:

Go screw yourselves.

This is terrific news, and now we can give support to One Piece's licenser while seeing the brand new episodes AT THE SAME TIME. There's is no NEED for fansubbers now. Fansubbers first and foremost duty is to supply us with subs cause there's no other means, if no one else does it, the fans take it upon themselves. Well, now there is another means, and considering how much FUNi cares for One Piece the translation will be just as good as fansubs.

Oh ho, wait, scratch that, BETTER THAN FANSUBS. Because now we wont be stuck with stupid weeaboo terms like "nakama", and instead have a proper translation. The fansubbers have did their service, and if this professional subbing agreement ends, I'm sure they will hop right back into it. But for now, all you fansubbers, you can now take a well deserved break.
    I DON'T LIVE IN AMERICA, SO HOW IS THIS FAIR TO ME?!
    Well, I guess you will still have to pirate, but at the same time you wont. You can download the videos on FUNi's site with a Firefox add-on called DownloadHelper, I know I can. And considering FUNi is offering this video for free, I'm sure that's fine. They aren't making a lot of money for people just watching a 23 minute flash video, they are making it per hits to the page, which you'd still be doing to download the video. But if some of you can't go to the page, then FUNi will lose the hits but I'm sure others will gladly upload the file onto a site.

So, once again for all those of you bitching about this: Where do you get off?

TL;DR: No, if you wanna know what this says, you best read it.
    Last edited by Buuhan1; May 14th, 2009 at 03:39 PM.

I'm assuming it's accessable through the 'videos' section of the official site?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information