+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 249 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: FUNimation Simulcast Discussion

Default Re: FUNimation to simulcast stream One Piece starting in late May

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Well, I guess you will still have to pirate, but at the same time you wont. You can download the videos on FUNi's site with a Firefox add-on called DownloadHelper, I know I can. And considering FUNi is offering this video for free, I'm sure that's fine. They aren't making a lot of money for people just watching a 23 minute flash video, they are making it per hits to the page, which you'd still be doing to download the video.
    Oh man, you don't get it, do you? Go change your ip to european using proxy, and try to download the videos on FUNi's site with a Firefox add-on called DownloadHelper or whatever you want. This content is not available in your territory in your face.

and slow proxy is slow...

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    This is fucking awesome!

This is terrific news, and now we can give support to One Piece's licenser while seeing the brand new episodes AT THE SAME TIME. There's is no NEED for fansubbers now. Fansubbers first and foremost duty is to supply us with subs cause there's no other means, if no one else does it, the fans take it upon themselves. Well, now there is another means, and considering how much FUNi cares for One Piece the translation will be just as good as fansubs.

Oh ho, wait, scratch that, BETTER THAN FANSUBS. Because now we wont be stuck with stupid weeaboo terms like "nakama", and instead have a proper translation. The fansubbers have did their service, and if this professional subbing agreement ends, I'm sure they will hop right back into it. But for now, all you fansubbers, you can now take a well deserved break.

So, once again for all those of you bitching about this: Where do you get off?

TL;DR: No, if you wanna know what this says, you best read it.
    In one post you spit on the work of so many people... Take a walk out and breathe some fresh air...

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kubus View Post
    Edit: I managed to watch threir streams with a program called Hotspot Shield. Working fine here.
    Thank you very much Kubus, this works just dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by ultEmate View Post
    Oh man, you don't get it, do you? Go change your ip to european using proxy, and try to download the videos on FUNi's site with a Firefox add-on called DownloadHelper or whatever you want. This content is not available in your territory in your face.

and slow proxy is slow...
    Yes, my apology. I added the line after proof-reading my post saying someone in America will most likely upload it to megaupload or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticMonkey View Post
    In one post you spit on the work of so many people... Take a walk out and breathe some fresh air...
    I wasn't trying to spit on anyone. This is my opinion. Also, I don't see how "first and foremost duty" is "spitting".

Finally, an official website with streaming video with content available to Canadians! (unlike, for example, NBC) And it's the Funimation One Piece site to boot! This rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokenda_mint View Post
    I'm assuming it's accessable through the 'videos' section of the official site?
    Yeppers! Right on the nail.

Yeah. I expected FUni to do this for the series sooner or later but damn ASAP is good!

Now all that's wanted but not needed is the movies.

hmmm.. seems like a good deal. Here's hoping that FUNI holds up their end of the bargain and stays with the series for the long haul.

But damn is the stream slow. I really hope they can find a way around that

Seems cool, IMO.

seems this is a miracle in some form to the fans
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Like I said earlier, the stream is slow is because the new FMA: Brotherhood episode is out today. And you know how many big that series is and stuff.

I, for one, welcome our new (old) Funi overlords.

Brand relaunch USA? Well... brand push.

I love everyone freaking out from other countries. I remember back in the day when all the fansubbers thought that Funi had the show licensed and no one was fansubbing it. (Granted, everyone was on 56k back then and there was only 3 english One Piece fansites, but still...) Now they're all like "NO MAN, like... it's fascist communism! RAWR! BOOO! We're over here, you can't touch us!"

I feel old.

Big day for the U.S. One Piece fandom that I thought wouldn't come so soon.

Well, FUNimation did have the license to One Piece back then and it wasn't just one person reporting it either. At the time back in 2003 or so, they eventually commented saying they never had One Piece, but one of the representatives in the ToonZone "Ask a FUNimation Rep" thread eventually confirmed they did have it, though something happened. I believe this was the year before FUNimation (technically) reaquired One Piece. In anycase, whatever that something is, we'll probably never know and it really doesn't matter now.

So there was good reason for fansubbers not wanting to touch it.

But in anycase. Yeah, the typical attitude of fansubbers has greatly changed since then. Not only them, but I think the anime community in general has as well. Unfortunately, not for the better...

the something was probably 4kids but anyway this brand push has me so exicted. Hopefully FUNi will make the series 10x more strong then the previous attempt.

i hope they don't fuckup for the fansubs. Not everybody live in the USA :)

FINALLY; One Piece getting the treatment it deserves here in the US. Between this and the speed-push of the manga, OP is gonna come back in a big way.

Well, scratch what I said earlier. DownloadHelper can't download the actual episode. But there are still ways to get it, but more technical than I'm willing to bother with.

Also, did you guys here that Viz is jumping to Impel Down arc in Monthly Shonen Jump to accommodate what FUNi is doing? So One Piece is going to be legally up to date in both Anime and Manga to Japan, it seems.

Is a mod going to mirror this into the general Anime forum? O.o

Anyone know if this is on any other website than Funi's? Maybe another site'll be faster. Hopefully. And I think this is just awesome. Too bad VAs need rest or we might've been able to get dubbed episodes. Maybe not . How long does it take to dub an episode? Well, hopefully Funi keeps this up; this is why they're my favorite anime dubbing (and subbing) company. You don't see Viz doing this.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information