+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1493

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

MMOs are an odd thing, not too many people will play more than one at a time. They're very time consuming and require a lot of commitment. People just find the one they like and stick with it, usually.
    I played WoW for 7 years (I still play a tiny bit), most of my guild transferred to SWTOR and most of them have stayed there and have no desire to return to WoW. A few were unable to get a solid Operation spot and drifted off, which I blame ourselves for not pushing the 16-mans enough. I have watched some videos on GW 2 and frankly it doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I hope it'll be the game you're looking for.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

1.2 is planned for 12/04. Yay! At last, I was waiting for this update.
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

Let's all pray they've worked out all the bugs :3

So the big Update is there, and what do you ppl think about it? I updatet my game yesterday but logged in only for 2min, so I didn't test it yet. I got my Jedi Knight to lvl 50 few weeks ago, but didn't play anymore since then (not enough time...).
    I'm not sure how I shall go on now with lvl 50. I still need to finish the story quests and some other open quests, but I got the feeling, that my Equipment isn't really that good... So I might need to start doing flashpoints to get better stuff, hm? =/

Also, I have no idea about things like "set bonus" and so on. Does anyone have a good link, where the diffrent armortypes are explainend and where you can see, what kinde of stuff you might get by wich boss and so on? A big nice play like "wikipedia" would be nice.

Thanks for the help =)

Been having fun with all the new toys today, did the new daily hub, did the new flashpoint, tried it on HM and the first boss is BRUTAL. We were all wearing mostly Rakata and couldn't do it, seems overtuned.

Then I had the most unexpected bug....I can't delete any characters, which I intended to do to make room for a new alt with the legacy system in mind. Apparently I'm not the only one. http://www.swtor.com...ad.php?t=402508 Hopefully this will be fixed tomorrow.

Krog - http://www.tor-loot.com/

O
    ne of the easy ways to improve your gear is to just mod up orange quality gear with level 50 mods. They can be crafted, offered as rewards from dailies, and purchased with daily commendations.

Thanks for the help =) I'll check the page today at home.

Orange quality? Never heard about that... seems I need to investe more time into this game to see through everything xD
    Uhm, can you do the dailies also alone? Or are they groupquests? I mostly just done the normal quests you found through the storyline... =/

Orange gear is what drops in most lower level instances. It can be crafted as well. It's basically gear that has no stats other than the mods you put into it.

Most of the dailies are solo. A few of them require groups. I think they changed all the ones on Belsavis and Ilum ot be 2-person dailies, but the new one on Corellia definitely requires at least one of each combat role.

BTW, for those who want a damage meter, voila http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/desktop/

What's this... Huttball running at an even 40fps?

Imperial Fleet at almost 50 with no lag?!

:O!

The Jesus Patch is here!

The new Operation "Explosive Conflict" looks pretty cool.

It seems it'll be many more months before i get my hands on the game...unfortunately...but the plus side is i get to play with tons of new content released by then....

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I have issues with SW:TOR.

I got the game--the collectors edition at that--when it first came out, I even had access to early access. I got a trooper/vanguard to level 50, and an imperial agent/operative to level 44--and now--I'm entirely burned out of the game. The friends I was playing the game with have left, the rather large guild I played with has all but disbanded, and I--myself--can't bring myself to make (re-roll) another character (that makes it past level 10) or finish my imperial agent/operative off. I'm just...completely bored of the game. (I was expecting a much better PvP experience (in its current state, it's a completely...eh and somewhat one-sided), but it's BioWare, a company that specializes in PvE (and story)). Which is sad to me, because I absolutely love the STAR WARS IP--and for the most part--BioWare.

It's also sad my friends and myself played (and enjoyed) games like Aion (5 months played) and Rift (3 months played) longer than SW:TOR (2 1/2 months), and these were "meh" games for us.

So basically...I've unsubbed from the game, and really have no plans to ever return. (I think my expectations for the game were entirely too high to begin with and ended up being crushed, something entirely my fault). I mean...all my friends have moved on and they seem to have no plans on returning either. I know I could make new friends and join a new guild, but, it really wouldn't have the same feeling I think. I also think I'll be sticking with fantasy MMOs, unless a--what I deem--truly outstanding sci-fi MMO is released; sci-fi MMOs just don't give me that...spark I get with fantasy MMOs (i.e. EverQuest, EverQuest II). Now me and my friends (and my former guild) are waiting for the release of Guild Wars 2, hoping it will be our home for a while.

I wish every SW:TOR player the best, and hope they have many fun times with the game!
    You could always like wait a couple of years and then return....it'll have tons of new stuff and improvements by then....

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    Orange gear is what drops in most lower level instances. It can be crafted as well. It's basically gear that has no stats other than the mods you put into it.

Most of the dailies are solo. A few of them require groups. I think they changed all the ones on Belsavis and Ilum ot be 2-person dailies, but the new one on Corellia definitely requires at least one of each combat role.

BTW, for those who want a damage meter, voila http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/desktop/
    Hey =)
    Ah, now I get, what you mean with orange stuff xD Have that one allready^^ Thought that would be some special moditems, but I've just missread what you had written the first time, sorry for that.

Uhm, short question about the dailies. Where do I get them? xD The ones you could do alone? =/

Wow, it fixed your issues finally Rican? Amazing. I noticed they have several new settings under graphics, one reduces the number of visible players which I figure would help out in high pop locations like the fleet.

We tried out the new Operation last night and got the first boss down. I have a feeling the new theme for this patch is ALL AOE DAMAGE ALL THE TIME

You can get the dailies in Ilum at the main post there, and Imperial Domination Outpost in Belsavis, and there will be a quest at the fleet that will send you to the new corellia dailies. They're all mixed in, just pick them all up and ditch the group ones if you want.

How likely is it that they will add more to the story for each class in the future, that isn't just a new flashpoint or Operation?

It's a sure thing, they've talked about it a lot. How much and when I don't know, but surely future expansions will expand the class chapters, and we know they're adding new companions in.

Oh cool. Thats good. The only thing i want is more unique class stories and lotsa new worlds every bit as big as Coruscant and other big ass planets ( hopefully Kashykk, we need some wookies dammit )

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    It's a sure thing, they've talked about it a lot. How much and when I don't know, but surely future expansions will expand the class chapters, and we know they're adding new companions in.
    good to know that they're planning to expand the game a bit further. Who knows they might even adds new space missions, if it's possible.

also on a side note, I just reached Dromund Kaas a few days ago. halfway to my class quest....I think.

Spoiler:
    I'm starting to hate Darth Jadus already.

You've been doing your class quest....and you will keep doing it until you reach the end of chapter 3 around level 50.

Spoiler:
    He's more of a jerk than you know

you're not gonna believe this....during a pvp match on the Voidstar, i earn 15 medals without even trying. i new personal best for me.

also, finally got my ship and im now heading for Korriban.

Say hello to Darth Zhorrid for me.

What do people think of the world event thing going on? Reminds me of the zombie invasion prior to WOTLK, at least in regards to people complaining about it. Cracks me up to see a big mass of people just grouped up to get exploded on.

RUN AWAY

i thought it was a little crazy...but seeing a whole mob together just to get infected. Varrik station got over 200 players when i was there yesterday.

I hear that u can get a black/green lightsaber crystal from this event....which looks pretty cool.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information