+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1493

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

I hear that u can get a black/green lightsaber crystal from this event....which looks pretty cool.

Honestly I am far too lazy to go after the crystal...if I actually used a lightsaber I might be more motivated, but shooting green laser bolts isn't as interesting.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

i only know that when you croak, after getting the plague, you get DNA samples that you can sell on Tatoonie. didn't know that.

Edit: is there an easier way to get rakgoul DNA samples?
    Last edited by Cyborg009; April 19th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Pretty sure that's the only way. there's also some kind of quest chain on Tatooine to get a rakghoul pet.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    Honestly I am far too lazy to go after the crystal...if I actually used a lightsaber I might be more motivated, but shooting green laser bolts isn't as interesting.
    I love the idea of being able to shoot green laser blasts, that looks pretty damned awesome imo.

For DPS BH or Sniper that'd be cool, Operatives don't usually shoot stuff, other than Rifle Shot to restore energy.

I did get my Rakling

He looks so cute with Dr. Lokin.

Super long ass scavenger hunt to get it.

http://landofodd.wordpress.com/tag/rakghoul/

So do people here still play this game? It's not doing very well apparently.
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/739...an-350-players

I believe this will counter the previous post: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/23/th...adaptive-gear/

And of course update 1.3: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120522

As for me I already made three more characters just for the heck of it.

And they are:

Kraytus - Sith Juggernaut - Dromund Kaas

Klaris - Sith Assassin - Dromund Kaas

Silroni - Bounty Hunter - Hutta

all on The Harbinger server.

Yeah it's no secret that there are many servers with major population issues, it's been a topic on the official forums for a while. Fortunately I am on one of the most populated servers. I think that article makes it sound a whole lot worse than it is, though. The population of the game is still bigger than other non-WoW MMOs...and some of those games have been around for 10+ years and released multiple expansions. It's basically people saying "OMG this game isn't pulling WoW numbers like everyone was saying it would but everyone with a brain knew it wouldn't!"
    A lot of the problem right now is general MMO burnout/oversatuation. Also everyone is playing Diablo 3. We had server Queues when 1.2 was released, but by now most raiding guilds have beaten the new content. There really isn't a whole lot of reasons to log on other than that in the game right now, other than leveling alts. You aren't going to be seeing a large mass of people all logged in worldwide at the same time.
    I think 1.3 will do a lot help out. I know a whole lot of friends personally who just couldn't deal with sitting around the Fleet looking for a group.

Good news for server population is this http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05...-mega-servers/
    This is the double-edged sword of opening way too many servers at launch when everyone was screaming about queues. They had a very smooth launch, but ultimately all that traffic died down and left some ghost town servers, which made more people just re-roll on to the more populated ones.

A lot of the problem right now is general MMO burnout/oversatuation.
    that pretty much the only reason.

forgive the double post but this is quite important.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120604

- new space combat mission
    - new operation
    - new warzone
    - new lv cap and combat abilites
    Spoiler:
    - new companion: HK-51 assassin droid

and a brand new world never seen in the star wars universe until today. this game is getting better each time.

I like that they're pushing through a lot of major patches with content rather than waiting two years to drop an enormous expansion.

I knew Cathar were going to be the next playable species :P

Edit: More news, 1.3 hitting the PTS tomorrow

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...-behind-closed
    Last edited by CosmicDebris; June 5th, 2012 at 03:46 PM.

I like that they're pushing through a lot of major patches with content rather than waiting two years to drop an enormous expansion.

I knew Cathar were going to be the next playable species :P
    i like it as well.

also...

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120606

imagine a whole squad of tusken raiders in a warzone.

finally, social gear that works in combat.

Hey Ppl, short question.
    If I have some charakters on one server, can I switch with them to a more populatet server? =/
    Or do I need to make new charakters on an other server, if I would like to play on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by KrogGar View Post
    Hey Ppl, short question.
    If I have some charakters on one server, can I switch with them to a more populatet server? =/
    Or do I need to make new charakters on an other server, if I would like to play on that one?
    good question. for now you can only do the latter. but patch 1.3 will let you switch characters to the server you want to play in.

Not necessarily http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you

I
    t's not going to be free-for-all transfers to any server you want, at least not initially. They're picking particular servers to be destination servers and certain origin servers will have the option to go to them. They're doing this to even out the population. They don't want to have everyone just jump into the few biggest servers and make them overcrowded. I'm sure that in the future, open paid transfers like in WoW will be a thing.

Not necessarily http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you

I
    t's not going to be free-for-all transfers to any server you want, at least not initially. They're picking particular servers to be destination servers and certain origin servers will have the option to go to them. They're doing this to even out the population. They don't want to have everyone just jump into the few biggest servers and make them overcrowded. I'm sure that in the future, open paid transfers like in WoW will be a thing.
    it makes sense when you think about it. better to play in a populated sever than a ghost town in my opinion.

Ever since the news that 400,000 subs dropped off a few weeks ago,m and the server issues,mi'm getting raelly annoyed a tthe end is nigh nonsense by people. Especially this constant bitching and whining from some people about pretty much everything.
    The game has been out 6 months, it is fucking huge by all all standards of MMO's that have been released....

I'm glad i haven't bought the game yet. I'll probably wait till the end of the year to buy it now. No rush really.

Also
    Spoiler:

Yay. HK-47 is back. Hopefully not losing any of that great blood thirsty personality he had whilst serving Revan & Exile.

Assumin they bring back Revan in the future, it'll be interesting to see what kinda reaction you'll get from the new HK-51 model...
    HK-47 has always been loyal to his original master no matter what has happenned.

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

Yea, it seems people enjoy it when things fail, and can't wait for it to happen.

I cancelled my sub, not because it wasn't fun or anything, but because I just had a lot of things to do and didn't have time to play. I'm definately coming back to my swtor after my vacation trip.
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

That kind of negativity is everywhere. WoW forums are no better. After their 500 layoffs, several millions of dropoffs in subs, introducing Pokemon and pandas in game, the amount of WoW apathy is at an all-time high. I can't even talk about WoW with some of my friends who played it with me for years anymore, they just start going "uugggh I don't want to hear about pokemon pandaland" But you know what? It's still going to have millions more subs than anyone else, and some of those same people are going to go back and play it. Just watch.

Swtor's definitely got an uphill battle working with some of their problems, and they don't have the luxury of 8 million players. But it's not "dying", just because it didn't end up being the WoW killer everyone is still looking for. Honestly I hope that will be "Titan" :3
    I think the server transfers and LFG will go a long way to make people happy. I just hope it not being cross-realm will be enough; how well they condense the servers will be key. I realized that despite my misgivings about random grouping, I look forward to being able to just queue up and deal with that same box of chocolates misery of "hm I wonder what noobs/jerks/fun people I get to meet today" like I ended up being forced to do in WoW to get my badges >.<.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information