+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Universe

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Default Re: Star Wars Universe

I've been rereading the Hand of Thrawn duology recently. I'd forgotten how long Vision of the Future was, it's right up there with Star by Star as one of the longest of the novels I've read. It's pretty nostalgic; despite some silly moments, I did like the Galactic Civil War stories a fair bit.

Man, I haven't read an EU book since Betrayal and Bloodlines, which successfully managed to turn me off of the EU. Maybe over the summer I'll reread some of the other older books. It's been quite a while.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

The Devil's best friend.

I am a little bit intrigued by the Clone Wars series.
    I have to say I agree Clone wars is quite good, that's because it isn't written by Lucas but its needs more memorable characters to spice things up, and Ahsoka is little annoying at times. Recently I saw the finale(that had Chewbacca) and it was pretty damn dark and interesting and not the type of awful 'dark' like Revenge of the Sith but good 'dark' like Empire Strikes back.

Then I grew up and later on I watched like half of the Phantom Menace and just recently saw most of Revenge of the Sith, and they were both BALLSACK.
    The prequels accomplished nothing story-wise, the story goal of telling how Darth Vader came to be could have been accomplished in like a short flashback montage recalled by Obi-wan in Return of the Jedi; it sure as hell didn't need three whole fucking films to explain that. If anything, how Vader became to be it is isn't as important as what came out of that: His redemption. Now Lucas could have made Anakin's fall good if he picked like a credible director or writer to help and assist him, similar to what he did with the original trilogy. Lucas alone with the camera, ends up feeling like an awful soap opera videogame crossover and barely a film.

, or is it just as dumb as the Star Wars prequels?
    nah.

Damnit, this Tamson character is what Hodi should have been.
    Complicating things since 2009.

The Devil's best friend.

Time for all you to spead your vitrolic hatred for modern Lucas again.....

Here it is....

Spoiler:

LUCAS!

Spoiler:

3D and Star Wars is a bad thing?

3D Revenge of the Sith is what i'm really looking forward too ALl those epic lightsaber battles in 3D, what more could you want?

Also for anyone watching the CLone Wars TV series
    Spoiler:

Darth Maul is back.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post
    3D and Star Wars is a bad thing?
    Star Wars was never made for 3D. Usually, it sucks or it's not impressive at all when the movie wasn't intended from the start to have it. I have seen enough movies where 3D was just worthless and didn't make use of the potential this technique has. That's why the 3D in Avatar is marvelous while in movies like clash of the titans it's just a giant, expensive and pointless heap of trash. In Avatar, it was there from scratch, the movie was made and tailored to completely explore and embrace the possibilities of 3D (yes, I know the plot is copy of pocahantas, so shut up y'all)
    Also, it's the first episode in movie theaters. Who the hell would pay to see that movie, and even worse, again, for those who have already seen it? I wouldn't watch episode 1 again when you cover all the expenses, like getting there, the 3D glasses, food and drinks and the ticket...

I dunno... Star Wars is, off the top of my head, a franchise that seems TAILOR made for 3D, even if it wasn't originally.

Just the cockpit scenes alone in every single movie would benefit from the technology if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post
    I dunno... Star Wars is, off the top of my head, a franchise that seems TAILOR made for 3D, even if it wasn't originally.

Just the cockpit scenes alone in every single movie would benefit from the technology if done right.
    ROTS was made for 3D. The space battle at the very start, the lightsaber battles i.e Yoda - Sidious & Anakin - Obi Wan.
    Thats gonna be epic.

Omg...

So true, I just saw ROTS on Blu Ray (@__@) and that space battle is just READY for some 3D.

Who cares about that boring ass Anakin ObiWan duel.

It's like 15 minutes of increasingly stupid locations of them just swinging at eachother and yelling bad dialouge.

I would like seeing the opening fight in 3D though as that mostly ruled.

When I first heard "star wars 3d" the first thing that came to my mind was the opening of A New Hope, with the star destroyed flowing overhead in glorious 3D. After that, I thought of all the wheeling space battles, in RotJ and the prequels. And, as I've said in other places, due to near-toxic levels of nostalgia, I can't bring myself to hate the prequel trilogy. I'll be seeing, and enjoying, all 6 of these movies.

I defintely agree. The fight was too coregraphed and not genuine. Darth Maul's fight was a lot cooler because Ray Park is truly a martial arts athlete. More importantly, the duel had not plot at all.

Wookiepedia says:
    "According to Richard Marquand, George Lucas wanted this duel to be bigger than the Duel on Cloud City but changed his mind during the shooting, saying: "George is very blunt. He said, 'It's just a couple of guys banging sticks against each other. Don't worry about that. It is bigger because of what is going on in their heads. That is what makes it bigger.'"

The Devil's best friend.

Hoho. Lucas strikes back again. Look at 0:23 for the trailer.

Also....

lol at 2:43.
    I don't see why Vader won, except for nostalgia. I mean why not Palpatine? He's better IMO.
    Last edited by Bill; October 25th, 2011 at 08:23 AM.

Probably cuz Vader did a LOT of the dirty work for Palpatine, which one can argue makes him a pawn but more people were terrorized in the SW Universe by Vader moreso than Palpatine, at least in their eyes.

This trailer almost makes me want to watch the prequels but I have already seen them( I think 3 is the worst).

The Devil's best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hoho. Lucas strikes back again. Look at 0:23 for the trailer.

Also....

lol at 2:43.
    I don't see why Vader won, except for nostalgia. I mean why not Palpatine? He's better IMO.
    He is some what more terrifying, but everyone knows that Palpatine is 1 of the greatest, if not greatest villians ever. THE Dark Lord of the Sith, the very embodiment of the Dark side, his genius, the way he manipulated the entire galaxy, the Jedi Order and then in fell swoop exterminated virtually every single Jedi & took control over the Galaxy......

No one is comparable to him..

Start raging.

To be fair... the worst moment in Indy IV was Steven Spielberg's fault (lolol nukefridge).

And aliens are as far fetched as face melting boxes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information