+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Universe

Default Star Wars Universe

For a while I wanted to do a official post to this trilogy/corporation, and everything to do with it. So anyway, I did after I looked up the easier way (I searched George Lucas since the other way is 12 pages long.

Anyway, this post will have anything you want to talk about it...more specificly the movies, tv series, comics, novels, and some of the other things that were created since 32 years ago.

What thing you did recently also? Like for example, I started recently reading book 1, Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn. I also read the Vision of the Past (I made a mistake thinking that it was a prequel but it wasn't), now I'm still waiting to read Specter of the Future.
    Last edited by Jedi Master; February 16th, 2010 at 11:32 AM.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Default Re: Star Wars Universe

Spector of the Past and Vision of the Future are part of a separate duology. The sequels to Heir to the Empire are Dark Force Rising and The Last Command.

Zahn's stuff is always pretty good, but I've largely fallen out of the EU ever since the Legacy of the Force series started. It just descended into a hellhole of idiotic plot elements and it's just painful to read the summaries on Wookiepedia and elsewhere.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Galactic Civil War was the best. All the material published in the 1990's before the philosopher auxiliaries that make up the Jedi were expanded on was simply fantastic, even the stuff for kids. Post-Civil War stuff was OK I guess...but I didn't like how the 'good guys' won.

Tie Fighter is still the best SW game and the greatest FS of all time.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I haven't read many of the books lately outside of Death Star and the first MedStar book. I hear that Karen Traviss got all pissy about the way Mandalorians are going to be portrayed in the second season of Clone Wars and has basically quit the franchise, but that seems to be a good thing based on most people's reactions.

Going by the ads I've seen lately, Cartoon Network seems to be promoting CW Season 2 as Cad Bane and Friends, which is for the best really, especially if they use him a lot.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Galactic Civil War was the best. All the material published in the 1990's before the philosopher auxiliaries that make up the Jedi were expanded on was simply fantastic, even the stuff for kids. Post-Civil War stuff was OK I guess...but I didn't like how the 'good guys' won.

Tie Fighter is still the best SW game and the greatest FS of all time.
    i agree, galactic civil war was considered the best in the timeline.

question: are the discussions of fan edits involving star wars allow here?

^ Sure, but anyway, I am going to add the rest of the SW's books that I read (or trilogies):

(1) Darth Bane Path of Destruction and Rule of Two

(2) book 1 and 2 of Jedi Apprentice

(3) Star Wars Last of the Jedi book 1-10

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    ^ Sure
    good, cause i know of a fan edit that you guys should be interested in.

Adywan's Star Wars Revisited: http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/top...LE/topic/5942/

and no it's not one of those "hack-kneed parody making spoof bits done by talentless hacks who had nothing else better to do with their lives edit". this one's legit.

in short: it's a revision of how the special editions should have been done.

so far only episode IV is completed and the edit are very impressive.

here's part 1:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DSATV2vnhAQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DSATV2vnhAQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

he is currently working on episode V and it won't be out till early 2010.

till that time, these teaser clips will tie you over.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UN8YIR60Ij0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UN8YIR60Ij0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sp5zRs9-PF0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sp5zRs9-PF0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

with that aside, who here still knows about X-wing Alliance?

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Those look Masterful just like the movies.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

Quote Originally Posted by SantoryuMaster97 View Post
    Those look Masterful just like the movies.
    if you think that's good. just what till he does Return of the Jedi. i cannot wait for what he's gonna do with the space battle.

Laughing even more now Strohhut-Ruffy's Avatar

Phew, yeah I'm a big Star Wars fan. And I must say the books are the most entertaining part. Sure, I own both trilogies on DVD and I love the movies, but what the authors manage to invent in the expanded universe is just more than great.

Actually I don't like George Lucas at all. I really don't. I'm very thankful for the movies and that he created that whole thing, but that's it.
    The message alone that "he has HIS Star Wars" and the authors got their "expanded universe" is something that bugs me. I could really see the books getting made into movies - because, yeah, they are simply awesome.

Okay, so I read and own

Darth Bane - Path of Destrucion
    The whole Jedi Apprentice Series. //
    (20 volumes)
    Secrets of the Jedi
    The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader
    Darth Maul
    - Shadow Hunter
    Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    Rogue Planet
    The Approaching Storm
    Episode II
    - Attack of the Clones
    Shatterpoint
    The Cestus Deception
    Jedi Trial
    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
    Labyrinth of Evil
    Episode III
    - Revenge of the Sith
    Dark Lord - The Rise of Darth Vader
    The whole Last of the Jedi Series // (10 volumes)
    The Force Unleashed
    The Han Solo Adventures // (3 Volumes)
    Death Star
    Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
    Allegiance
    Tales from Jabba's Palace
    Thrawn Trilogy
    - Heir to the Empire
    Thrawn Trilogy - Dark Force Rising
    // <<< READING ATM
    The whole New Jedi Order series // (19 volumes) <<< THE BEST SERIES
    The Dark Nest Trilogy
    Legacy of the Force 1 - Betrayal
    Legacy of the Force 2 - Bloodlines
    Legacy of the Force 3 - Tempest

Yeah, that's about it. There are A LOT of books I still have to own, and except the books of Jude Watson they are all worth it.
    It's still enough to say that I know a lot about Star Wars. Jude Watson's Series "Jedi Apprentice", "Jedi Quest" and "Last of the Jedi" are NOT BAD (don't get me wrong), but she has a boring style to build her novels. It's almost always the same.

I started 1999 with Episode I, bought Episode II in 2004 and then it was like fever. In those novels are so many interesting things, so much fun - and the best thing - the original Star Wars Charme, y'know what I mean?

A friend borrowed me the first New Jedi Order-Book and I refused to read it. A year and a half after that I bought it and simply ATE the whole series. New Jedi Order is unbelievably good and worth every .. eh .. buck. (It's Euro for me 8P).
    Unfortunately I'm reading everything in german, which I will end in the coming years. I have to wait soooo long for the books. The 4th Legacy of the Force is coming out in September, while the USA is 3 "arcs" away. It's a shame. But the translation is good after all.

I really would like to buy the comics, because some of them are just awesome. But I don't want to spend TOO much money on that, and it's impossible for me to own EVERYTHING. But I can recommend them, because I read a few.

And I own the 2 DVDs of the Clone Wars Comic Series. I was totally hyped about the ANIMATED series (and they managed to bring them on TV in europe) but it's CRAP. It's just crap. The stories and facts are making no sense at all, and so I am in camp "Expanded Universe" now, where people are writing stuff that's really worth reading, while George Lucas is totally after the money.

And I recommend wookieepedia.com for any information on novels and just everything about Star Wars.

And if you're going to start reading Star Wars novels, try something classic like the novels of the movies. Because my favourite series NJO is the best, but it starts 25 years after Episode IV and you'd be totally WTF at that point.

Thx

Visit my blog http://strawpinion.blogspot.com to read about opinions on
    everything that makes me laugh and dream.
    (Mostly German)

Ulargara

I liked the series(books,movies etc) before Star Wars IV better then those stuff (books , movies etc) that happened after Star Wars III. It was kind of too much political stuff for me,not counting IV,V and V . But i must admit the whole Jacen Solo thingy was cool.
    Tick tick tick

Discovered Stowaway gold_rogger15's Avatar

Am I the only one who prefer the 5 minute micro series over the new clone wars series.

And I think the books could be made into movies. Just look what lucas did with the new Clone Wars series.

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gold_rogger15 View Post
    Am I the only one who prefer the 5 minute micro series over the new clone wars series.

And I think the books could be made into movies. Just look what lucas did with the new Clone Wars series.
    The only reason I HATE the new series is because of his fucking shitty apprentice. I sware this show better go all the way to the end of Episode III and ill have a smile on my face watching that bitch get saberslashed!
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

What do you mean with 5 minute micro series? Is it this?

Because I like THAT a lot.
    EDIT:// Oh, I just saw it stands right there XDDDDD But the apprentice-thing confuses me, because there is none in this series?
    Or is there? [/EDIT]

But if you mean THIS series -

- i can't help but say it's NOT GOOD.
    Why does Anakin have an apprentice anyway? The Jedi council DOES NOT trust him!! There would be no point in giving him an apprentice.
    WHY is the apprentice so strong and is able to fight equal to people like Asajj Ventress?!
    That's crap! And I am not going to watch the Clone Wars-Movie!

As i said, I would wish so. But I can imagine that Lucas would not like to pay for their screenplay. And it's Expanded universe after all, he does not give a s*it!!
    Let's just hope he smells the money and makes it.

(Mostly German)

Discovered Stowaway gold_rogger15's Avatar

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Strohhut-Ruffy View Post
    What do you mean with 5 minute micro series? Is it this?

http://starwarsclonewarsfan.files.wo...e_wars_dvd.jpg

Because I like THAT a lot.
    EDIT:// Oh, I just saw it stands right there XDDDDD But the apprentice-thing confuses me, because there is none in this series?
    Or is there? [/EDIT]
    THAT WAS A BADASS SERIES EVEN IF IT WAS ONLY 5 MINUTES! God It was soo awesome and Grevious was just simply fucking bad ass. They fucked him over in EP III
    But if you mean THIS series -

http://fullygeek.com/wp-content/uplo...elebration.jpg

- i can't help but say it's NOT GOOD.
    Why does Anakin have an apprentice anyway? The Jedi council DOES NOT trust him!! There would be no point in giving him an apprentice.
    WHY is the apprentice so strong and is able to fight equal to people like Asajj Ventress?!

That's crap! And I am not going to watch the Clone Wars-Movie!
    THAT SERIES IS COMPLETE SHIT AND I REFUSE TO SEE IT!

THANK YOU FOR THAT STATEMENT! Durge should've been in the 3rd movie if you ask me. He was so badass. He was like a weaker Boba Fett.

As i said, I would wish so. But I can imagine that Lucas would not like to pay for their screenplay. And it's Expanded universe after all, he does not give a s*it!!
    Let's just hope he smells the money and makes it.
    Agreed.

The best Star Wars thing I ever did was forget all this dumb extra bullshit I was into when I was 10.
    It made the movies fifty times better when I watched them again when I was 15.

THAT WAS A BADASS SERIES EVEN IF IT WAS ONLY 5 MINUTES! God It was soo awesome and Grevious was just simply fucking bad ass. They fucked him over in EP III
    The series itself wasn't on european TV at all. Bought the DVDs and watched it in one session. Bwahaha.
    I can imagine that it must have kinda sucked watching only 5 minutes each episode.
    And your quoted for truth for your opinion on Grievous. It's a shame he got "weak" after the incidence.

THANK YOU FOR THAT STATEMENT!
    You're welcome. That's the point everyone has. Even my fiancé says that and she's no Star Wars-fan at all.

Durge should've been in the 3rd movie if you ask me. He was so badass. He was like a weaker Boba Fett.
    Woah, Durge was a badass. I wished there was a novel about him or something like that. He's kinda underrated.
    Ventress herself is a badass too. She was a great Dark Jedi and there would've been no problem for her, killing Ahsoka Tano.
    Maaan, I hate Ahsoka xD

In my early days with Star Wars my opinion was that the Old Republic-Jedi would whoop the asses of Luke Skywalker's Jedi.
    But I think different nowadays.

(Mostly German)

I've been a fan and watched every movie and read many wiki articles and I have this to say. Who the hell is Ashoka?
    3DS Friend Code: 4468-1765-5617 (Rock Safari)

The little Togruta-prick Anakin got assigned as padawan in the shitty "Clone Wars Animated" series, so that little kids have a character in the movie who they can identify themselves with.

(Mostly German)

Quote Originally Posted by Strohhut-Ruffy View Post
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/st...x-AhsokaHS.jpg

The little Togruta-prick Anakin got assigned as padawan in the shitty "Clone Wars Animated" series, so that little kids have a character in the movie who they can identify themselves with.
    Die she die or something?
    3DS Friend Code: 4468-1765-5617 (Rock Safari)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information