Thread: Roger vs. Nami

Default Roger vs. Nami

Default Re: Roger vs. Nami

1 for the Pirate King!

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

Crush Nami! Go Roger!

Oh cripes. Really?! Eh, well, I'm used to making tough choices by now. I'll go with Nami.

vote the muthafukin pirate king

Lesse, bitchy navigator, or the gat damn Pirate King? Shrieky bitch, or living legend?

Hmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Im waiting for campaings until then i will hold my vote

I'm going to take this opportunity to post my Nami AMV. It has the most views of all my AMV's so that might be worth something, somehow.

[youtube]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2pSprvHxzjU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2pSprvHxzjU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pSprvHxzjU

I voted for Nami.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

Go Nami! The Last Great Char In This Tournament!

Fanservice bait, or legendary man-among-men. Ain't hard, folks...

Voting for Nami.

16chars.
    :3

Wow, this is a hard one. My heart is torn between the awesomeness that is the Pirate King, and the main character of one of my favorite arc's.

I'm waiting for campaigns.

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

Voting Nami. xDD

Roger is great for back story for the current situation of the world. He was the greatest pirate captain the world has ever known. Yet, he really hasn't done anything mostly cause he is dead but still we haven't seen his exploits featured in the pages only mention by other characters.

Nami on the other hand is an integral member of the SH crew. Her role is actually pretty big with only Sanji, Franky, and Chopper's roles being just as important ship operations wise. However, lately her character and persona have been taking a dive for just plain fan service. She was showing some noble qualities in Sabaody but Thriller Bark she was relegated to pure fanservicy damsel in distress.

go nami!!!!

kick pirate kings butt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Local-chan View Post
    Go Nami! The Last Great Char In This Tournament!
    Normally I'd ban you for that statement but I'll laugh at you instead for having eliminated Chopper and Robin from the tournament. Kuhahahahahahahahaha

w00t! My vote makes it 25-24 Nami!

Vote for a pirate king and now the explanation:

Gol D Roger is not really an awsome character, actually, I know very little about Gol D Roger himself and what we have so far seen has been hinting he is a great character it is just for now we know only fraction.

So why vote against Nami who is a fully developed character one of the main ones as well.
    Well its exactly because of that, her character as it is, is for me personally almost everything I wouldnt want a character to be. Now lets revise:

Nami joined Luffy to steal from him, once that was done through and he saved her ass, she has been loyal to him...However joke or not she is still treating all the cash SH get like her own.
    I realise its suppose to be a joke but to me thats just some fracked up chain of command. And when she is bossing around and alike its nothing different.
    I ll admire her for her common sense and good navigation skills but there it stops, I believe what Nami truely has to learn is not, better navigation or mapping the world, but respect towards her captain and crew, you can still put jokes while doing that without making look captain like a dork and without any authority he should have had.
    It would be shame for me to see at the end of OP a pirate king who is treated like a 10 years old boy by his own crew. It would take away from his title a lot.

So here you go that"s why a vote for Roger, not because he is godly, for now for me he aint, but because facing him, its the character of Nami...
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    Nami joined Luffy to steal from him, once that was done through and he saved her ass, she has been loyal to him...However joke or not she is still treating all the cash SH get like her own.
    I realise its suppose to be a joke but to me thats just some fracked up chain of command. And when she is bossing around and alike its nothing different.
    I ll admire her for her common sense and good navigation skills but there it stops, I believe what Nami truely has to learn is not, better navigation or mapping the world, but respect towards her captain and crew, you can still put jokes while doing that without making look captain like a dork and without any authority he should have had.
    It would be shame for me to see at the end of OP a pirate king who is treated like a 10 years old boy by his own crew. It would take away from his title a lot.
    Fuckin' love you, man! Preach dat word!

Thread Information