+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: lose the weight, look great, in cosplay

Default lose the weight, look great, in cosplay

k I'm starting this. I go off topic sometimes, but at a certain point, I like order :) Lets talk about our weight loss here.

I'm such a couch potato. I keep thinking I need to get active, but I claim I never have time. Sometimes after a long day of work. You don't wanna do anything else that takes effort.

I found out I like Yoga though. I'm gonna try to get into that. My friend showed me this great website that she uses. I just gotta find some money to pay for it. http://www.myyogaonline.com/

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

Default Re: lose the weight, look great, in cosplay

I have about 20+ fitness books on loosing weight and getting into shape. I've taken multiple weight training classes throughout high school and college, and STILL I am struggling with being a blubberball =_=;; Though I have to say, even though I'm overweight right now I'm EXCITED AS HELL to be down 20 pounds from where I was a year ago ;___; I know I complain, but I'm actually very thrilled!!!

I'm gonna take measurements and before/after pictures as well. I did this a long time ago, but those pics are deleted xDDD

Maybe we can all draw strength off each other to get thinner and in better shape here?

do you try to eat well? I know I got that part down pretty good. I guess I'm half there. :P

ppffffttt hell no. I'm horrible =_=; That and I don't exercise enough. I'm a lazy turd xD

go to the grocery store for fun someday and look for something fun to cook. Like a new fish, or a squash you've never seen before. :) go buy some snacking veggies and chop a bunch up at home and put them in the fridge for snacking.

one of you doesn't have a job right now, right. so you have some time to make some yummy food. cooking your own food is always healthy and tastier too.

You could try para para dancing
    or some other dancestyle
    it's really fun and you get excercise

Mero mero merrrooooow

^ Para Para dancing is so fun! I need to go do that again sometime.

Now, I don't get a lot of opportunities to actually go to the gym myself, especially on days that I work. Because my job wears me out so much, I am way too lazy/tired to do anything when I get home. So I do try to go work out on my days off. To balance it out, I try to eat healthy. Though I am guilty of still eating fast food and junk every now and then.

What I usually try to do is make my own lunches at home, usually consisting of whole grain rice and black beans. It is better to eat things that are whole grain rather than like white flour when it comes to pasta, bread and rice. And black beans are delicious btw.

Also, I hear that eating pumpkin seeds helps fight off cravings like if you can't really eat right away and you're really hungry.

One of the biggest things for most people is giving up sugary drinks like soda. Drink water, possibly with some lemon (helps clean out your system better) or green tea with little to no sugar. I've gotten to the point where I like unsweetened tea.

Also, detoxifying your body is very important, there are tons of ways to do it. Sounds gross, yes, but you'll feel better in the end =3

I have gotten myself on to a schedule for working out. Every mon-wed-fri I go to the gym. Mon and Fri I get on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then go lift weights for 30 minutes. Wed is my relax day so I just spend the hour in the whirlpool-sauna or steam room.

Every day (unless it is rainy) I walk my daughter to school which is a 40 minute round trip. Tues and Thurs I walk to pick her up as well.

I have also begun to somewhat count calories. I hate it, I think calorie counting is one of the most stupid things in the world. But it has controlled my eating. I have also found it helps to set myself limits and goals. I limit myself to 1900 calories a day for the week. But on weekends I don't count calories and let myself "relax" My goal is to be down ten pounds by October 1st. I have also decided to not weigh myself until that date as well.

Also along with cardio you should really do some weight/strength training. For the longest time I just did cardio but didn't see any difference in my weight, but as soon as I started lifting weights I dropped ten pounds.

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

I'm fat, enormously fat, but in the last 2 weeks I have dropped 11 pounds :)

EDIT: for the people that are wondering what I mean with enormously fat:
    2 Weeks ago I weighed 307,5 pounds :O
    Now I weigh 296,3 pounds :O

And it keeps going down :)
    Last edited by Zarnikon; September 10th, 2009 at 10:50 AM.

Cardio and strength training go together. I learned that THE HARD WAY when I was in weight training class. I LOVE lifting weights and doing physical things. I hated doing cardio because it got me out of breath and it sucked. Little did I know I could of lost a LOT of weight if I'd just simply done 30 minutes of walking every time I was in class. That's all it would of took. Instead I gained 7 pounds of muscle, and only lost 2 pounds of fat, so I didn't really change that much *btw that was like 5 years ago xD*

I think beans are absolutely disgusting, along with a lot of healthy stuff like Oatmeal, you know, healthy stuff. I just do NOT care for it, so it's hard for me to find the right combination of things to eat. I try to mentally count the calories, but it's MUCH better if you make a journal of what you're eating, cause you're more than likely for the most part not going to eat something bad because you don't want to write it down.

We just went to the store and got tons of healthy shit. Hooray XDD

Also, a lot of people when they take pop out of their diet, they drop weight ALMOST INSTANTLY because it's THAT bad for you. I haven't honestly downed a diet dew since a few weeks before Akon. I've cut pop COMPLETELY out of my diet, I can't risk drinking it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonNeko View Post
    Cardio and strength training go together. I learned that THE HARD WAY when I was in weight training class. I LOVE lifting weights and doing physical things. I hated doing cardio because it got me out of breath and it sucked. Little did I know I could of lost a LOT of weight if I'd just simply done 30 minutes of walking every time I was in class. That's all it would of took. Instead I gained 7 pounds of muscle, and only lost 2 pounds of fat, so I didn't really change that much *btw that was like 5 years ago xD*

I think beans are absolutely disgusting, along with a lot of healthy stuff like Oatmeal, you know, healthy stuff. I just do NOT care for it, so it's hard for me to find the right combination of things to eat. I try to mentally count the calories, but it's MUCH better if you make a journal of what you're eating, cause you're more than likely for the most part not going to eat something bad because you don't want to write it down.

We just went to the store and got tons of healthy shit. Hooray XDD

Also, a lot of people when they take pop out of their diet, they drop weight ALMOST INSTANTLY because it's THAT bad for you. I haven't honestly downed a diet dew since a few weeks before Akon. I've cut pop COMPLETELY out of my diet, I can't risk drinking it anymore.
    Perhaps a stupid question but what is "pop"?

Coca cola, Mountain dew, Pop. XD

Quote Originally Posted by MoonNeko View Post
    Coca cola, Mountain dew, Pop. XD
    Ok thanks, I keep learning stuff :)

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Guys, I look awesome.

Hidden:
    I don't need advice, just thought you should know

Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Beat View Post
    Guys, I look awesome.
    Stop advertising. Most of the people in this thread are girls anyway, which you clearly aren't interested in.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

brennen, I don't know why you choose me to host your gay affair fantasy but it ain't gonna happen.

If your wife ain't givin' what you want, don't start dry humping my leg.

Bad beat...can I dry hump your leg?

Apartame....cut that shit out of your diet too! That stuff is so horrible. It will not help you lose weight, it is bad for your teeth. It is nicknamed sweet poison for a reason and has a total of 92 health related risks. Real sugar is a lot better for you, just use it in moderation. Also try to use honey as a sweetner instead. You absorb the calories from it slower, plus it has more health benefits than sugar does.

DA LJ twitter

@Beats-It: You're the one advertising how great you look to guys.

Anyway, on-topic, I started working out about one month ago. It was hard, especially for me, to discipline my eating habits and laziness into a daily routine, but so far I am doing pretty good. I have only lost about 5~7lbs so far, but my arms, chest, and stamina have certainly benefited from it. The increase in muscle might account for the lack of weight loss I was hoping to see, so there's that. I still have a bit I want to lose, but I'm in the habit now, so the hard part is avoiding all the foods I want to eat so bad.

The other plus to this is I am saving money on my food bill. I eat out at restaurants and fast food less, I opt for water instead of soda, I choose healthier food items, I watch the calories, sugar, fat, sodium, and cholesterol in almost everything I eat, and eat more food at home than while out and about or at work. Anyway, for most people these routines are hard to start, and even harder to maintain. Problem for me is that I sit at a computer 40+ hours a week now (at work), and get little to no exercise while the office is constantly throwing parties and bringing in food and snacks that are horrible for me. To balance that, I have to work out. Getting some friends together to play Basketball or something has helped too.

oh wow. so some people in the states do call it "pop" I was always told you guys say soda.

bad beat, you attention hoar; what you doin here :P remember it's only real if there's pictures, and I dun see no 6 pack on screen here.

omg, I feel motivated already. I decided I'm going to find something athletic to do out of the house on saterdays. My problem is cost, and I HATE sports. but if I stay at home, I'll just sit on my ass, so I need to get out.

It actually depends on where you are located in the states. It can be soda, pop, soda pop, sody water, coke and other things. My family is all from the South so it is mostly called coke when I am around them. Otherwise I go back and forth between soda and pop.

DA LJ twitter

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information