+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: lose the weight, look great, in cosplay

Blackbeard's lost son Usopp D. Teach's Avatar

Default Re: lose the weight, look great, in cosplay

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Cricket View Post
    Usopp D Teach, Capt Ussop is a Vegetarian so that's why she doesn't do a lot of animal proteins. Though I do agree with you. My Animal Science Professor spent a couple of lectures going over why the body utilizes animal proteins and amino acids better than plant based ones. I've thought about trying one of the protien shakes, mainly cause while I am not %100 vegetarian, I don't really eat a lot of meat. I worry that I am lacking in that nutrient. I should probably write down everything eat I for a weeks and see where I am lacking.
    There's still casein proteins. They don't come from meat so it should be no problem for vegetarians.
    One Piece chapter 6xx, somewhere in the New World:
    Blackbeard: Shanks never told you what happened to your father.
    Usopp: He told me enough! He told me you killed him.
    Blackbeard: No. I am your father.
    Usopp: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

casein proteins?

Casein (from Latin caseus "cheese") is the predominant phosphoprotein (αS1, αS2, β, κ) that accounts for nearly 80% of proteins in cow milk and cheese. Milk-clotting proteases act on the soluble portion of the caseins, K-Casein, thus originating an unstable micellar state that results in clot formation. When coagulated with rennin, casein is sometimes called paracasein. Chymosin (EC 3.4.23.4) is an aspartic protease that specifically hydrolyzes the peptide bond in Phe105-Met106 of κ-casein and is considered to be the most efficient protease for the cheese-making industry (Rao et al., 1998). British terminology, on the other hand, uses the term caseinogen for the uncoagulated protein and casein for the coagulated protein. As it exists in milk, it is a salt of calcium. Casein is not coagulated by heat. It is precipitated by acids and by rennet enzymes, a proteolytic enzyme typically obtained from the stomachs of calves. The enzyme trypsin can hydrolyze off a phosphate-containing peptone.

Quote Originally Posted by Usopp D. Teach View Post
    Casein (from Latin caseus "cheese") is the predominant phosphoprotein (αS1, αS2, β, κ) that accounts for nearly 80% of proteins in cow milk and cheese. Milk-clotting proteases act on the soluble portion of the caseins, K-Casein, thus originating an unstable micellar state that results in clot formation. When coagulated with rennin, casein is sometimes called paracasein. Chymosin (EC 3.4.23.4) is an aspartic protease that specifically hydrolyzes the peptide bond in Phe105-Met106 of κ-casein and is considered to be the most efficient protease for the cheese-making industry (Rao et al., 1998). British terminology, on the other hand, uses the term caseinogen for the uncoagulated protein and casein for the coagulated protein. As it exists in milk, it is a salt of calcium. Casein is not coagulated by heat. It is precipitated by acids and by rennet enzymes, a proteolytic enzyme typically obtained from the stomachs of calves. The enzyme trypsin can hydrolyze off a phosphate-containing peptone.
    Godammit, I dropped Biology for a REASON.

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

Trying to starve yourself to loose weight is the WORST POSSIBLE thing you can do for your body. It makes you eat more when you DO eat cause you're soo god damn hungry, it also makes your body want to turn EVERY SINGLE thing you eat into fat since you're starving it, it does everything it can think of to keep you alive. So in short, don't try and starve yourself, just eat LESS. Water is very filling, drink a couple of glasses before a meal and see what happens. I've done that before and I've noticed it helps some, also cutting down on how big the portions I've been eating. I'm not saying I'm a fitness model or that I've dropped 50 pounds by doing it, but there's no WAY it can hurt.

I am SOOOO glad I'm not a vegetarian. I love ham, fish, chicken, pork, steak, and I'm sure many other meats I can't think of, to give any of them up. I'm just sad I can't stand healthy things like oatmeal. I can't stand to eat something that already looks like it was eaten and them puked back up, warm and steamy right from the microwave.. eewwwwww..I tried..but.. ewwwww... ;__; Damn oatmeal, especially since it's soo filling and nutritious =_=;;

Mel, have you tried adding a tsp of honey to the oatmeal? I used to hate oatmeal too. But then I added a little bit of honey to eat. YUM!

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

Quote Originally Posted by omnichild View Post
    Mel, have you tried adding a tsp of honey to the oatmeal? I used to hate oatmeal too. But then I added a little bit of honey to eat. YUM!
    I just can't get past the look of it..I mean it SMELLS good..I just..I just.. can't eat it ;___; I've never tried the honey..maybe if I blind fold myself and can't see it..then maybe...xD

Mel, I remember back when I was a vegetarian for about six month, I was dreading the thought of Thanksgiving. I can do without the steak, pork, and even chicken. But Turkey is one of my most favorite things in the world. LOL I don't think I will do the veggie thing again. When I did eat meat again, i was so sick. That is another reason I was sick at akon, I had gone veggie about two months before. Then I started eating meat again that weekend. That coupled with the horrid elevators in the south towers...plus being extremely claustrophobic in crowds...not good.

I'm not a big oatmeal person either, but it is because I swear my mom fixed it for us everyday for breakfast when i was in the sixth grade. LOL A few years ago they an instant french vanilla that was really good, but now the only one I can eat is apples and cinnamon. No traditional oatmeal for me. I can't stand the taste.

have any of you tried steel cut oats? they're amazing and are supposed to be more healthy for you too. I know presidents choice brand in canada here sells containers of it. that doesn't help all you states people though.

Yeah starving doesn't work. You can starve for 5 days and gain the weight back in one or two that you lost. Just like trying to drop 20 pounds out of thin air, your body's going to freak. My problem is my body wants food all the time, and not just out of bordem but if I start getting hungry I feel really weak and sick most of the time. On Sunday night at AFest, I inhaled quite a few pieces of ham and 2 rice crispies and a cereal bar before I knew it I was so sick hungry.

Never heard of steel cut oats before o.o Normally I don't eat oatmeal, I don't like the texture. I should, because that would be super filling.

My local grocery store sells the steel cut. But I usually buy the rolled oats....

DA LJ twitter

here's a pic of my current physique: http://uploadpic.org/showpic-19215/p...t_01.38__2.jpg

I'm not really as pale as I look in the pic but I could use a tan. Aside from that I still need to lose a few pounds of fat and gain a few pounds of muscle to be look like Ace.

That's how I love to eat oatmeal, its soo good! If I have it, I love chopping up strawberries or blueberries into it <3 I just finished my dinner otherwise I'd eat some right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Usopp D. Teach View Post
    here's a pic of my current physique: http://uploadpic.org/showpic-19215/p...t_01.38__2.jpg

I'm not really as pale as I look in the pic but I could use a tan. Aside from that I still need to lose a few pounds of fat and gain a few pounds of muscle to be look like Ace.
    O_O If I looked THAT good, I would NOT be trying to lose weight. EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by pirateneko View Post
    That's how I love to eat oatmeal, its soo good! If I have it, I love chopping up strawberries or blueberries into it <3 I just finished my dinner otherwise I'd eat some right now!
    Me too! Honestly I used to really hate oatmeal. It was bland, tasteless and the texture was gross. But I have started to put a bit of honey or some fresh fruit in it. I also use milk instead of water ( I need more vitamin D, put won't take pills and don't like drinking milk.) and I use a little less than required so that it isn't as mushy. Then it is heavenly.

DA LJ twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MoonNeko View Post
    O_O If I looked THAT good, I would NOT be trying to lose weight. EVER.
    why thank you. Next time I take a pic I'll do it in my pirate boxers.

Me too! Honestly I used to really hate oatmeal. It was bland, tasteless and the texture was gross. But I have started to put a bit of honey or some fresh fruit in it. I also use milk instead of water ( I need more vitamin D, put won't take pills and don't like drinking milk.) and I use a little less than required so that it isn't as mushy. Then it is heavenly.
    oh? you cook it with milk? that's new. i was always taught you cook it with water, and then put milk and brown sugar on top. :P I'll have to try that then.

hahaha yeah. I just use milk instead of water. It makes it creamier. And like I said I need to get more vit. D and I won't take pills and I don't like drinking milk, so I have to get it in other ways. Plus milk is relatively healthy for you.

DA LJ twitter

Not really. It lowers your immune system and it can contain all kinds of agricultural toxins stored in the fat and it increases the risk for cardiovascular disease and cancer. Some even say that the milk acids cause your bones to weaken.

There's actually nothing healthy about milk. But at least it has protein which is a plus.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

I like putting yogurt and applesauce in my oatmeal.

For some reason, my mom has a tub of some kind of protein powder, but I don't want to use it. I thought she got that damned Vita-Mix to eat healthier, but all she seems to want to make with it are smoothies with that powder mixed in, and this tortilla soup - which I admit IS tastey - and then nothing else.

It's getting really annoying. I'm gonna try making that carrot soup again tonight when I get home from my chiropractor.

And before that, a smoothie with real nut proteins in it before I go to my appointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information