+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: lose the weight, look great, in cosplay

Default Re: lose the weight, look great, in cosplay

CU: I usually eat a lot of the same things, so I already know most of the calories. For example, my bowl of cheerios that I have every morning for breakfast is about 350, an egg is 60 (just don't use a buttload of oil to fry it.) Another thing is to cut out enrinched white flour. I only eat whole grain bread, and pasta. Instead of white flour for your pancakes, they have whole wheat flour. Much better for you, and it gives you plenty of fiber. Fiber is important, cause it keeps you regular then you won't have a bunch of junk stuck in your digestive system. Look at the label for calories count, and always check the portions. You may think that muffin is only 250 calories, till you see that there are three servings in that tiny little muffin.

And don't overstress it, if you are craving something, eat a small amount of it. Don't forbid it. I LOVE sweets, so there is no way I could cut them out completely.

That said I was terribly bad on my diet yesterday. But today is a new day and I'll do better. XD

OMG! The serving sizes are sneaky. My hubby was eating a "snack" size bag of chips the other day. You know the size you buy to go with a sandwhich from places like subway? And he decided to look at the nutrional information on the back and was surprised to learn that there were 3 servings in the bag and each serving was somewhere between 200-300 calories. And each serving was like only 7 chips or something. It was ridiculous! Especially considering that most people would eat all the chips in the bag in one sitting, plus the sandwhich and the soda..

ok end that rant. XD

For those who have a hard time giving up their fave snack, soda or whatever just limit yourself to one kind. I only allow myself to drink vanilla coke. So when I want soda, I only buy it if I can get a vanilla coke. And luckily for me it is hard to find, so I rarely ever drink soda.

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

If I go to subway, I'm usually walking, and I just get the sandwich. I know how much of a trap that snack foods like cookies, and chips are.

Again, just pack your own snacks. Maybe just get some apple crisps instead of those chips.
    Last edited by dirt monkey AL; September 12th, 2009 at 11:50 AM. Reason: why am I posting in here, I don't even cos-play
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Try to get to the gym every second day, though it is tough with university and work as well. But the course I am doing currently is an Exercise and Sport Science course, and that keeps me pretty fit. Also learning all about good nutrition always helps.

I don't know if I want to bother with calories. just eat right. I never thought of makin my pancakes with wheat flour. smart girl crickey.

lol Subway. I love the customers who get a Cold Cut sub and think they're eating healthy. We're supposed to be changing our "The Works" veggies to only include the healthy ones. Then if you want pickles or olives, you have to ask for those separately. If people actually care, they're gonna know, like omni. Otherwise, just get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    Dark Kaomi brings me to the question, how do you figure out calorie count for food you make yourself. You gotta look at all the packages, of everything you use and figure it out. and what about things you don't really measure. like if I'm cooking pancakes from scratch; does baking powder or flour even have calories? and I used a bit of oil for frying them, but I didn't measure. That's gotta count for something.

Many internet recipes will have calorie counts included so you don't have to do it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dinty
    Robin's in handcuffs; Ace is in chains; Zoro's a Loli-Goth's pet dog/slave; Sanji's been attacked by transvestites and an entire clan has just dropped their drawers for Brook.

In one small chapter, Oda made OP's doujin community completely redundant.

calories is 1 of the important factor in weight lost, another is exercise. The things u eat will get process by your liver, then distribute to ur body, and if u dont work of the "extra"...then it will keep adding up >>which create fat.

Base on this theory, i eat more vegetable and less meat, 80% vege to 20% meat in a serving "yes, that mean the meat is just for decoration", also when am hungry between meal, i make a habit of drinking water to fill my stomach. "Well, since i work as an office worker, this amount may suit me, however, labourer needs to eat meat more..."

As for excercise, i do tread mill runing for 30-45 minutes, then some light weight work out, 3 repition of 27, using 2kilo. i do this every single day.

A Pocketful of Coins Captain Hypersock's Avatar
    Swipe your card and enter your PIN to continue.

To keep in shape, I have gotten into a routine of working out every other day. I start with stretching, then a 30-minute walk, then more stretching, followed by push-ups and sit-ups (2 sit-ups for every push-up I can do, increasing the total by small increments every time.)

And meat. I eat lots of meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijnn. View Post
    Captain Hypersock is now the coolest person in the world.

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

I wish eating a lot of veggies wasn't AS good for you =_=;; I hate SOO MANY healthy vegetables, I just.. don't LIKE them ;__; I don't like them in anything, like onions, peppers, tomatoes, then there's several I've never tried. Not to mention I love apples, banana's, grapes, fruits that are HIGH in sugar content x_x;; Though I like cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower, so there still is SOME things I can eat, just not as big a variety as most people xDDD

Sometimes all it takes is only 30 minutes of walking a day, or some form of exercise at least 5-6 days a week, with of COARSE eating better and watching what you intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Kaomi View Post
    Many internet recipes will have calorie counts included so you don't have to do it yourself.
    pfft. you kids and your new fangled internet. Why in my day, recipies came in books. heck, we didn't even need cook books. You learned to cook by memory. pfft. measuring the flour. you just add till the dough feels right.

LOL I get cookies everytime I go to Subway, they are TOO DELICIOUS <3

... Damn I want some now DX

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

Subway does have the best oatmeal raisins cookies, though the 7-11 here in Dallas have some pretty amazing ones too. XP Doesn't hurt to splurge every once in a while.

Just go back from working out. Did 15 mins of cardio, then lifted weights. Didn't do as much cardio as i usually do. I am at a weight I am happy with, just want to tone. Watched animal cops while working out. LOL

I got to watch it though. I went through a mental checklist of what I've eaten today, and I think I'm about 100-150 away from 1200. Gonna find something healthy to put me over that mark. I don't do it on purpose..it's just the way I eat.
    Last edited by Crickeylynn; September 14th, 2009 at 09:47 PM.

@ MoonNeko: May I suggest steaming the vegetables that you do like?

When you eat them, eat them in conjunction with your meal (i.e.: grilled chicken sandwich, small portion of steak, etc.). A 1-cup portion every day can go a long way; the same can be said for fruits, as you'll benefit from it.

This site here helps when you're running out of recipes for the vegetables and fruits you need to eat per day.

"Livin' the Asian life, one stereotype at a time."

I have no issues with the veggies. I love veggies. Last night for dinner I boiled potatoes, cabbage, diakon, broccoli, carrots, and sauteed squash and zucchini and had them over rice. it was yummy.

I'm not a big fruit eater. I can't eat bananas cause they upset my stomach, and I am finding other fruits are the same way. I ate an apple today and it made me very nauseous. I love melons though, so I guess I should get those and grapes.

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Hoffy View Post
    @ MoonNeko: May I suggest steaming the vegetables that you do like?

When you eat them, eat them in conjunction with your meal (i.e.: grilled chicken sandwich, small portion of steak, etc.). A 1-cup portion every day can go a long way; the same can be said for fruits, as you'll benefit from it.

This site here helps when you're running out of recipes for the vegetables and fruits you need to eat per day.
    Thanks Hoffy!!

I'm totally gonna check out that site, I'm very VERY unoriginal when it comes to thinking of anything outside the box =_=;; heheh..

I can't even REMEMBER the last time I had a cookie =_=;; Though I seem to be doing FINE eating other things that are JUST as bad xD ahahah I'm self-destructive. But today is a new day! Ate a Banana and resisted the urge to buy the god damn catfish at work. Yes. It's also because I'm very cheap.

I don't go to subway that often. But we have an amazing deli here called Hungry Hobo and everytime I go I get chocolate pudding. yummy.

And yes it is good to splurge every once in awhile. That is why I keep my sat and sundays plus holidays as my splurge days. Those days I can eat whatever I want and as much as I want. Also you will find that as you get more and more used to eating healthier and eating less that you will want to splurge less and less. It will actually become hard to eat a lot and unhealthy. It is just a matter of training your body.

I will warn you though, if you are craving something give into that craving. But try not to eat as much of it as you normally would. Don't fight the craving otherwise you might end up breaking down and pigging out on it a lot.

***edit****

So I just read my horoscope on facebook....

Your life may be taking a new turn, Cancer, but you have a lot of old habits to let go of before you can really take advantage of what is to come. One of these is the idea that you are stuck where you are: it really is time to fly. All you have to do is to release negative ideas about yourself that have been keeping you from openly communicating with just the person who can help you the most. Your horizons are about to expand, and you are about to enter a "bigger" world than the one you currently live in. Expect new friends and especially adventures very soon.

Wow that sounds so accurate. I am trying to let go of the idea that I am completely fat, disgusting and unattractive. And yes I am going to become a new person....or rather half of the person I am now!

DA LJ twitter

i remember when I was a kid, I never understood how my mom just didn't wanna eat candy. it was so yummy. now that i'm an adult, I don't crave junk food that much either. put a chocolate bar and a bowl of fruit in front of me and 10 outta 10 i'll go for the fruit.

though, gummi candy is my weakness

hahaha it was the opposite for me. My mom would go for the candy I would go for the fruit.

One year all I would eat was fruit. Drove my mother insane! Actually my horrible eating habits drove my mother insane growing up.

DA LJ twitter

My weakness isn't candy, it's baked goods. Breads, muffins, cookies, cupecakes....mmmm LOL

I'm better at resisting now. Especially since I read that the banana nut muffin I love so much is almost 600 calories.

Its good to be natural thin, so you cant get fat at all.
    ΠΛΑΝΗΤΕΣ [Air Gear 243. The best. Chapter. Ever.]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information