+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 120 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    You can ignore everything, but so far there has been no indication of night falling or a full day passing.
    I assume you mean while on Fishman Island because otherwise there were plenty of nighttime instances.
    Drawing is fun

Given how lax Oda is on certain aspects of the manga, paying a lot of attention to the timeline won't do you much good aside from making you poke holes in the plot, and given the nature of this manga there are bound to be quite a few. Not that arguing over the timeline isn't entertaining, it just might be a good idea to keep in mind that this is a shounen manga which is updated weakly, probably not giving Oda much time to double check to make sure all the details are in perfect order, also the story would become a lot dryer if Oda spent many panels addressing those details.

3rd Degree Black Beard RomanceDawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    I assume you mean while on Fishman Island because otherwise there were plenty of nighttime instances.
    I'm talking about from the reunion until now. If you can give proof of night falling or day or more passing since the reunion I'm all for it. Just prove it.

The best I could do was Whiskey Peak, but then the way it is grouped with the other stories doesn't make sense. And there were other times during cover stories where the time of day in the Straw Hat's area didn't correspond with where the cover story was.

@ Louis Cypher, you are right, I honestly don't know if Oda intends to have so little time pass between arcs and what not, it does make some sense given they haven't aged until the time skip or even Aokiji acknowledging that the speed in gaining power for such a small pirate crew scared the crap out of him.

But I do know he paid attention to it several times. The whole phases of the moon ending at a full moon for Drum(I think) was proven true in an SBS. At that point Greg had only mad theory and eventually Oda confirmed it. So I don't think it's within the realm of impossibility that he intended everything so far to happen with in the same day.
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; April 15th, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
    I want to believe. I Ridley want to believe.

NNID: RomanceDawn

Pokemon Y: WUSHU 0044 2811 9045

The whole phases of the moon ending at a full moon for Drum(I think) was proven true in an SBS.
    We got moon phases at arabasta (at the desert), jaya, and just before Amazon Lily.
    We didn't see the moon at water 7 or thriller bark, however It was misty at TB, and i could have been new moon at W7

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    Alabasta from Laboon to galleon was close to a week
    nope, 1 day from logue town till whisky peak, a unknow amount of days till they reach little garden, 3-4 days from little garden till drum, then 9 days till reach alabasta, 2 days from the desert till yuba, 1 day at rainbase + the battle at albarna, then luffy remain unconscious for three days, the next morning they leave.
    Total: around twentyone days (three weeks), 6-7 of them at arabasta.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    I meant the time spent on the actually islands, not the whole sagas. Sorry it was vague.
    they did spent 6-7 days at arabasta, the island, two at skypia and the wholse water 7 ennies lobby arc lasted more than one day, so fishman island and thriller bark would be the only arcs which lasted just a day.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    they did spent 6-7 days at arabasta, the island, two at skypia and the wholse water 7 ennies lobby arc lasted more than one day, so fishman island and thriller bark would be the only arcs which lasted just a day.
    Some people aren't even admitting that FI took at least a day, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    Some people aren't even admitting that FI took at least a day, LOL.
    I'm saying show me some evidence. If a day or more has passed I would be all for it. You just keep saying no because you can't imagine the possibility otherwise.

In Alabasta there were multiple instances of sleeping through the night, traveling through the day and sleeping again. Not to mention Luffy being sick in bed for 3 days. Saboady and Fishman Island contain events that line up one right after another. I've countered enough examples to support my claims, but you are the type who won't accept it because "it just doesn't seem right."

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

I'm glad the timeline is being discussed. If Oda is planning on making the tea party an event (which I think he will), keeping solid track of the timeline would be important so the crew can arrive appropriately.

Now I wanted to point make an argument for the time passing during Fishman Island, but it turns out I misread chapter 653. I thought the Left Minister said it took half of a day for Fishman Island to set, which would be 12 hours and a normal day on earth only has 12 hours of sunlight so if half a day past, there's no way Fishman Island would be sunny.

BUT, what the Minister actually said was that each island in the New World would only take half a day to set. Even taking travel time, sleep, etc. into account, I've realized the crew could get into plenty of adventures before facing Big Mom. It's good to know, but it didn't say how long it took Fishman Island to set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I'm glad the timeline is being discussed. If Oda is planning on making the tea party an event (which I think he will), keeping solid track of the timeline would be important so the crew can arrive appropriately.

Now I wanted to point make an argument for the time passing during Fishman Island, but it turns out I misread chapter 653. I thought the Left Minister said it took half of a day for Fishman Island to set, which would be 12 hours and a normal day on earth only has 12 hours of sunlight so if half a day past, there's no way Fishman Island would be sunny.

BUT, what the Minister actually said was that each island in the New World would only take half a day to set. Even taking travel time, sleep, etc. into account, I've realized the crew could get into plenty of adventures before facing Big Mom. It's good to know, but it didn't say how long it took Fishman Island to set.
    That's a good point I had not acknowledged.
    LeftMinister: Oh, it's settled all right. All Logs from here on out will settle within half a day.
    According to cnet.

I took it to mean that Fishman Island on would take half a day. But maybe i'm comprehending it wrong, or you have a better translation somewhere.

Still if Fishman Island did take half a day I suppose they could be setting sail late afternoon or early night while the sun is still out. You sure can't tell when they resurface.

Edit:
    I've got good proof that Fishman Island happened in one day. The biggest question mark is the party, it somewhat seems like it goes through the night. I argued that is not the case, as the events after are very close to the actual events of the party. Here is something better.

Point 1:
    Directly after the battle, before the party, King Neptune claims that he will let the soldiers of Hodi's army live on the main island. Though they would now be working in the Neptune Army.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/v59/c649/4.html

P
    oint 2:
    LONG after the party King Neptune tells Jinbe they recruited today! From C-Net!
    Neptune: Why, only today this land has come into possession... / ...of a 70,000-man strong force of powerful, if rowdy, fighters from the Fishman District.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...59/c652/5.html

Ok that is the best I can do. If anyone argues that then all you want to do is argue and not take the facts directly from the story. Fishman Island is one day! Punk Hazard is certainly the end of that same day, with 4 day's still remaining for the tea party.
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; April 15th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.

@Romance Dawn. I used cnet too. I just assumed Left Minister just meant Islands after Fishman Island, though you could be right and it's meant as inclusive too.

And I also assumed the half day meant literally 12 hours. If that's correct, then it would be highly unlikely it's just 1 day since chapter 598, but he could also mean 6 hours, where day is meant when the sun's out (12 hours a day 12 hours a night) which would make the timeline much more reasonable if it was just one day so far.

As for Fishman Island. I would argue that if there was ever time passing, it would be between 652 and 653. But Oda is pretty good about revealing when time passes offscreen, so I highly doubt this argument but it's possible.
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Gizmo thanks to you I finally figured it out. This is without a doubt the undisputed truth until Oda out right says otherwise.

Many of you will be happy to know that the crew is on it's 2nd day since reuniting.

Point 1 -From the reunion until the end of the battle when Jinbe has a talk with Neptune, it happens all in one day, party included. All before night fall. Proof up above.

Point 2 - Sharley asks Keime to take the day off when she meets with the Straw Hats. By Chapter 653 she is working again, so a new day.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c610/8.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...59/c653/2.html

Point 3 - The real mega proof! Nami and Robin have the same outfits until they set sail! They are the only 2 straw hats that regularly change their clothes as pointed out in the SBS! Nami has a Criminal bra as they pinky promise, but before that it was something generic.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...58/c628/2.html
    Robin takes off that sexy dark top with the light bottom that almost looks like a dress and changes it to something all dark.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/v59/c653/9.html
    New Criminal bra and new clothes for Robin.

SBS Volume 51
    Spoiler:

D: What's the third-most important thing on a voyage after food? Laundry. Who does it? Nami doesn't seem likely (sorry). If Sanji did it... he might ***** with the ladies' panties. Aaagh! P.N. Daze
    O: Laundry, huh? Well, to avoid the kind of situation we can all imagine, the boys and girls split the task. Nami and Robin take turns doing their laundry everyday. Apparently all seven men have a huge cleaning extravaganza once a week. I guess this works out for them, since they rarely change outfits anyway. Right, Chopper?
    C: Yeah, everyone stinks! We're all dirty!

3 days until the Tea Party!

Last edited by RomanceDawn; April 15th, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

Gizmo thanks to you I finally figured it out. This is without a doubt the undisputed truth until Oda out right says otherwise.

Many of you will be happy to know that the crew is on it's 2nd day since reuniting.

Point 1 -From the reunion until the end of the battle when Jinbe has a talk with Neptune, it happens all in one day, party included. All before night fall. Proof up above.

Point 2 - Sharley asks Keime to take the day off when she meets with the Straw Hats. By Chapter 653 she is working again, so a new day.

Point 3 - The real mega proof! Nami and Robin have the same outfits until they set sail! They are the only 2 straw hats that regularly change their clothes as pointed out in the SBS! Nami has a Criminal bra as they pinky promise, but before that it was something generic.
    Robin takes of that sexy dark top with the light bottom that almost looks like a dress and changes it to something all dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xECUrlnXCqk
    Old bra

New Criminal bra

SBS Volume 51
    Spoiler:

D: What's the third-most important thing on a voyage after food? Laundry. Who does it? Nami doesn't seem likely (sorry). If Sanji did it... he might ***** with the ladies' panties. Aaagh! P.N. Daze
    O: Laundry, huh? Well, to avoid the kind of situation we can all imagine, the boys and girls split the task. Nami and Robin take turns doing their laundry everyday. Apparently all seven men have a huge cleaning extravaganza once a week. I guess this works out for them, since they rarely change outfits anyway. Right, Chopper?

You, good sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Vergo Face: Successful! Waboshi's Avatar

Robin takes off that sexy dark top with the light bottom that almost looks like a dress and changes it to something all dark.

SBS Volume 51
    Spoiler:

Nice one!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

LOL, so it has been more than a day. But thanks for the proof, I'm impressed you noticed the Keimi thing.
    It's the little things that turn out to be important when we're talking about... insignificant details, LOL.

Nice Romance Dawn that's impressive researching. Glad I could "help".
    Last edited by Gizmo; April 16th, 2012 at 01:50 AM.

Because you questioned a specific portion of the comic(chapter 652-653) I decided that was questionable to me as well.

Though it really means nothing because Oda can draw out a single battle that can take months, it's nice to know that the Tea Party is slightly closer than I assumed.

SBS Volume 51
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thank you, thank you thank you for clearing that up! And your time and effort doing so.
    Last edited by Densuke; April 17th, 2012 at 07:30 AM.

And to add a bit more relevance to the at least one day theory. Remember the newspaper that Monet had. It had updated pictures of the Strawhats at Shaboady, so it had to be at least a day so the paper could be printed.

SBS Volume 51
    Spoiler:

That's awesome!

It's time for the timeline thread to be updated.

So according to greg, oda says the final arc will make marineford look like nothing. Holy shit.

obviously, it's the end, the day every OP reader commits suicide because nothing beautiful will be left in life.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information