+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Default Re: New World Discussion

From what I've gathered about the New World I'm seeing a far stronger pirate influence. With the One Piece so close I expect there to be constant war between crews, high stakes sea battles (the one thing that One Piece is missing), pirate alliances (like what Whitebeard had), and the likes. The Marines and World Government, while present, will be greatly reduced in power than what they were in the first half of the Grand Line. One thing I do hope to see though are powerful bounty hunters, men and women who pose a threat even to the Fo... Three Emperors.
    So many people in the world. And so many bullets. Lots and lots of bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    I guess the various moons around the world of OP affect the NW even stronger than anywhere else in the world.
    Thats why we could see so far in the NW awkward gravity on some island or also weather which goes crazy^^
    I wouldn't be surprised if what Bege encountered was actually a moon. One of their orbit's goes extremely close to land right after an intersection of the red line and and grand line.

"If freedom is outlawed only the outlaws are free.."
    "Bury me standin', 'cause I wont lay down.."

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy and crew run into Bege and actually rescue him from whatever predicament that he is in.

As for the New World I believe Oda just teased us with some of the islands he showed us. The lightning island was just the beginning, there are probably a ton of crazy things going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nycprodigy View Post
    That's Right I did it. Just puttin this out here so that when the strawhats do get to the new world you can discuss of w/e may be the case its inhabitants, pirates, yonkou, G5 or w/e.

I think the Animals are larger than in Strong world like the elephant rayleigh beat up and some are fusions of different animals
    This is the second time you've created a New World Thread when one already existed.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

More revolutionaries, more pirates, more casualties. A lawless zone untouched by the authoritarianism of the WG, for better or for worse.

I would say we have 4 differnt law-zones in the NW...just what the yonkou thinks is right in his territory^^
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

All the Shichibukai we've seen so far resided in the Paradise half of the Grandline.

If the World Government recruited three new Pirates to take the place of Jinbei, Moria and Black Beard, how plausible would it be for them to show up in the New World?

Quote Originally Posted by Caraccidential View Post
    All the Shichibukai we've seen so far resided in the Paradise half of the Grandline.

If the World Government recruited three new Pirates to take the place of Jinbei, Moria and Black Beard, how plausible would it be for them to show up in the New World?
    We did see Jinbei in the New World. It's not a stretch to say Doflamingo and Kuma usually reside there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caraccidential View Post

I would argue that all the warlords were once new world pirates or more than capable of being new world pirates if they chose too. So far none of them have been pushovers and the 2 "weakest" pushed Luffy and the strawhats to their limits.

Crocodile and Moria were essentially regrouping for another go in the New World after loosing in the past. Any future warlords will likely be people already well established in the New World but in danger of loosing their something important to them (land, fame, chance at going up pirate ladder) due to all the chaos. Not a fan of random strong person from the first half not hinted at until their reveal, even if Boa and Iva were technically like that.

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grunk View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if what Bege encountered was actually a moon. One of their orbit's goes extremely close to land right after an intersection of the red line and and grand line.
    http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5...llationum0.jpg
    Nice find. Yeah that could really well be the case.
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara_no_Ice View Post
    Nice find. Yeah that could really well be the case.
    I don't that that model is exactly to scale. If it was the entire sky would be taken up by a moon most of the time, the tides would cover mountains, and the moons would be drawn in by the gravity of the planet causing the end all life as they know it.
    So many people in the world. And so many bullets. Lots and lots of bullets.

I really hope - as people have said - we start to see some top quality bounty hunters who are going after all the real big shot pirates.

The first half of the Grand Line showcased some of the horrors of absolute authority.

The second half will show the problems with absolute anarchy.

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaeJi View Post
    I don't that that model is exactly to scale. If it was the entire sky would be taken up by a moon most of the time, the tides would cover mountains, and the moons would be drawn in by the gravity of the planet causing the end all life as they know it.
    Yeah but this is a manga, and I think this could be possible in the OP-verse. What did you think of those little robots travelling to the moon with balloons?
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Airflow View Post
    The first half of the Grand Line showcased some of the horrors of absolute authority.

The second half will show the problems with absolute anarchy.
    I'm excited about the inevitable conflict between the two:)
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    Crocodile and Moria were essentially regrouping for another go in the New World after loosing in the past. Any future warlords will likely be people already well established in the New World but in danger of loosing their something important to them (land, fame, chance at going up pirate ladder) due to all the chaos. Not a fan of random strong person from the first half not hinted at until their reveal, even if Boa and Iva were technically like that.
    I think all 3 of the warlord positions will be filled by the end of the time skip.

I would reckon two would be people we know, and a third will be a new name which will learn about through out the course of the story.

Anyways I agree if this is the case that the unknown name would have to be from the new world and not someone from the southblue or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AMS View Post
    I think all 3 of the warlord positions will be filled by the end of the time skip.

I would reckon two would be people we know, and a third will be a new name which will learn about through out the course of the story.

Anyways I agree if this is the case that the unknown name would have to be from the new world and not someone from the southblue or something.
    I have the nagging feeling that one of them will be Buggy (I really hope I'm wrong on this, Buggy needs to continue being awesome without being a Shichibukai.)

So I'm thinking it'll be one that we know of while the other two are new ones who'll be encountered in the New World.

One of the three open Shichibukai spots might go to a character we've met (we know one of the positions will go to a pirate with significant influence though), but one spot is going to be a Supernova I bet.

But we're approximately at the half way point in this story. I'm hoping for many new characters to be introduced.
    Last edited by KidCorpse; August 29th, 2010 at 12:06 PM.

I would like to see Bege and Urouge rescued by Luffy and his crew, but it seems more unlikely now with a two year timeskip. A rescue arc for both those characters would be a great chance for the formation of a bond between Luffy and Urouge/Bege, which is very important considering they're likely to be in the series until the very end, but two years seems a bit ridiculous; for Urouge and Bege to not have progressed at all along the New World during Luffy's absence would be retarded. So, I'm at least sure that once the Strawhats arrive on those islands we'll hear about what Urouge and Bege did while they were there. And I think the fact that Haredas mentioned a "Lightning Island" pretty much confirms that the Strawhats will be making a stop there.

Anyway, the New World is exciting as fuck, and on top of that we have new designs and events due to the timeskip, so the second half of OP is shaping up to be mindblowing.

I've personally been waiting for Elbaf for ages, so that'll be great. And it would be nice if the SH checked out the Wano Country while they were there too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information