+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 363 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 7257

Thread: Disney animation thread

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

Default Re: Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I'll be buying the Diamond edition of Beauty and the Beast, just because I was an IDIOT and missed getting it on DVD.

The Diamond edition better have the option to view the movie WITHOUT the added musical number "Human Again." Not that I don't like it, I just want to view the movie in all it's original glory.
    They'll probably do what they did last time. Release a regular 2 Disc one and then also release the special 3 disc one. (or maybe 4 discs to include the 3D one.)

I have the 3 Disc special edition and I'm kinda debating on whether to sell it. I love it loads but its still going for stupid amounts on ebay. I can sell that and then pick it up on Blu-Ray when it's released again in Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    does anybody know any animation documentaries

i found this one i had been looking for

Waking Sleeping Beauty got fairly good reviews.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Striking a Pose. Where the world is real.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJew View Post
    Waking Sleeping Beauty got fairly good reviews.
    I really want to watch that after watching the trailer now. I really love these kinds of documentaries.

Princess and the Frog DVD came in the mail, I have enough points for another gigantic poster. 40"L x 27"W Imax Lion King poster is probably what I'm gonna ask for. I'll have 400ish points left over.

Niece is getting it for Easter. I already have my copy.

She's four years old and has spent her entire childhood loving Cinderella. She now loves Tiana as much as Cinderella to the point in which she wants everything concerning her.

She freaked out when we bought her a plushie of Tiana. She hugged it and almost cried with joy.

http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/release-calendar.html

Great mouse in 2 weeks! :D.. all i have is a VHS copy
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

I was looking for a list of all the movie re-releases in theaters, but I can only find them by looking up each individual movie. I know they used to release a classic movie every 7 years in theaters, just like how they now re-release movies on DVD after being in "the vault" Just trying to figure out when I saw some of those movies in theaters during the 80s. For instance I saw Fantasia in 1982 and 1990 (interesting read on the various releases btw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasia_%28film%29) and I remember seeing Bambi in 82 and 88, and many of the other movies.

I remember my niece owning all the 90s Disney movies and watching them literally every day until we were all sick of them. Seems like it was a bit more of an "event" when we got Disney re-releases, although I'm sure I rented some of them later on (and then the Disney Channel came out). But then, look at the *new* movies I was getting when I was a kid:

The Fox and the Hound (1981)
    The Black Cauldron (1985)
    The Great Mouse Detective (1986)
    Oliver and Company (1988)
    The Little Mermaid (1989)
    Yay Disney Renaissance is here!
    Rescuers Down Under (1990)

And then I was a teenager. I still loved going to see the movies that came out after that, it was just different.

Even as a little kid I knew there was just some degree of magic missing from those 80's movies, up until Littler Mermaid. It has been ages since I've seen either The Black Cauldron or Great Mouse Detective, I would have to see them again to tell you what I really think.

On the other hand, I think I pretty much lived on listening to the old movie soundtracks. I had Lady and the Tramp, Merry Poppins, Jungle Book, Song of the South, Robin Hood, Pete's Dragon, Cinderella, and some other random stuff.

Sorry that got long...the conversation about being nostalgic for the movies we saw as kids and catchy soundtracks in the Princess and the Frog thread got me thinking about this stuff.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Patiently waiting for Disney to release Tales from Earthsea already. I don't care if the movie wasn't good.

The only Disney 2d films I haven't seen yet, is Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Rescuers Down Under.

Got a lot of work to do...yap

Quote Originally Posted by DanialG View Post
    The only Disney 2d films I haven't seen yet, is Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Rescuers Down Under.
    You're missing out on some goodies there.

Tho, have you seen... Brother Bear? or Home on the Range?

I just realized a few minutes ago I haven't seen Brother Bear, and I'm pretty sure I don't WANT to see HotR in its entirety.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'm currently on an entire Disney playthrough and I'm currently on Tarzan. Most of the Renaissance movies are on top (best ones: Beauty and the Beast, Lion King and Hunchback), followed by 101 Dalmations and Jungle Book and all the way at the bottom I have stuff like Snow White, Dumbo and Bambi. I think I'm the only one who really didn't enjoy those movies anymore because they aged so much. I loved Pinocchio though, which unlike the previous movies did last and doesn't feel outdated at all.

Quote Originally Posted by robbybedfart View Post

I just realized a few minutes ago I haven't seen Brother Bear, and I'm pretty sure I don't WANT to see HotR in its entirety.
    I've seen Brother Bear, but not Home on the Range. And yea, I have the dvds(at least my baby cousin has them) of the movies I listed, but I haven't watched them yet.

Beauty and the Beast was my all time favorite Disney film. My favorite non-oldschool film is Lilo and Stich/Tarzan, somewhere in between. Though I'm a huge Mulan fan too. And *shutters* a Treasure Planet fan.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanialG View Post
    And *shutters* a Treasure Planet fan.
    Everybody stutters one way or the other
    So check out my message to you.
    As a matter of fact don't let nothin' hold you back.
    If the Scatman can do it brother so can you.

+1 for Treasure Planet!
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

The only 2D movies in the WDFA cannon I haven't seen are Melody Time, Brother Bear, Treasure Planet, and Princess and the Frog. I'd say that I've seen Fun and Fancy Free, but only the first part of it. I'm still on the fence about seeing PatF, since I've never really been a fan of the princess movies, except Beauty and the Beast.
    Last edited by Senshi Mizaka; April 1st, 2010 at 07:53 PM.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Quote Originally Posted by robbybedfart View Post

Do NOT watch HotR if you value your life.

S'all I'm sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post

S'all I'm sayin'
    Seriously. I'm one of the few people who LIKE Rosanne. This movie blew chunks!

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Seriously. I'm one of the few people who LIKE Rosanne. This movie blew chunks!
    Oh wow...

You LIKE Rosseanne?

And you still hated this movie?

That speaks fucking volumes of how terrible this was.

Still can't believe it's officially part of the Disney Animated Features >.<!

Here is a complete list of all Disney animated movies: http://homepage.usask.ca/~jjs142/movielist.htm

I have seen everything on the list except for Treasure Planet (TBH, I don't even remember this one coming out), Brother Bear, and Home on the Range, and POSSIBLY Melody Time because I can't quite place what that is.

However, it's been so long for some that I can barely remember them.
    I was never very fond of Snow White. Maybe I just thought Snow White herself too bland. Pinocchio freaked me out a bit when I was little. I'm sure this is one I'd get a lot more out of now.

I feel like it wouldn't really be fair for me to list favorites until I go back and watch all the ones I haven't seen in years. Off the top of my head I would list favorites as Fantasia, Lady and the Tramp, Aladdin, Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast.
    But I know as a kid, I *loved* Jungle Book, Robin Hood, and Cinderella, mostly just because of the mice.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post

S'all I'm sayin'
    No wonder I forgot about that movie. It's one of the most embarrassing things that Disney has come up with before switching to CGI, aside from most of the live-action movies they've been doing.

About Snow White, I actually saw it for the first time, not too long ago. It definitely wasn't my favorite, but it has aged well, and I can see why it's praised, not just for being the first animated movie. But, I've gotta agree with Cosmic; Snow White was just such a boring character, and her squeaky voice really got on my nerves.

There are actually some movies I enjoyed more than I did as a kid. I remember being bored out of my mind when I first saw The Jungle Book. After seeing it again a few years ago, I found it a lot more entertaining for the characters, especially King Louie, Baloo, those Beatles vultures, and Shere Kahn. I found Mowgli to be a little annoying, though.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

A little side trivia about Jungle Book, the Beatles were originally meant to voice and sing a song as the vultures, but their manager Brian Epstein approached Disney about it without asking the Beatles' permission, and when he brought it up to them John Lennon vetoed it. A shame, I think it would have been cool for a Disney movie to have the Beatles in it. They had the song changed to a Barber-shop quartet style to make it "timeless" though considering how timeless the Beatles seem to have become, it probably wouldn't have stuck out any more than the Jazz numbers. (I wonder if that inspired The Simpsons creators to do that Beatles-like story about Homer's Barber Shop Quartet)

Also, the character King Louie was created entirely for Louis Prima, the jazz legend that is the voice of the character (there is no such character in the original Jungle Book stories. orangutans don't even live in India).
    Last edited by CosmicDebris; April 2nd, 2010 at 02:03 PM.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

I loved "I wanna be like you".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information