+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 323 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 6450

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

Book of Life also has Ice Cube. And Radiohead.

I doubt Coco will have that.

In other apparently old news, Gigantic - the animated musical adaptation of Jack And the Beanstalk - has been pushed back to november 2020.

Which leaves Book of Cocos Life and next years Wrinkle In Time as the currently only non-sequel/remake properties slated for release until then. That is, until 2020.

Stands to reason though. Disney needs all them safe bets to pull off them risky endeavours, such as occasional new properties.

Sigh.

I'm surprised anyone wants to make another Jack and The Beanstalk adaptation between it being overdone as hell and the flop that was Jack The Giant Killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Ah, but Book of Life doesn't have a dog! It has a pig.

I know a lady through work who has a Xolo (Mexican Hairless Dog), and she is so excited for this movie because her dog will finally get some recognition.
    I know what that dog is.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I'm surprised anyone wants to make another Jack and The Beanstalk adaptation between it being overdone as hell and the flop that was Jack The Giant Killer.
    Fables dictates that Jack has to become a super popular fairytale so that he can be basically immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Fables dictates that Jack has to become a super popular fairytale so that he can be basically immortal.
    Isn't Peter Pan enough?
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    In other apparently old news, Gigantic - the animated musical adaptation of Jack And the Beanstalk - has been pushed back to november 2020.

Which leaves Book of Cocos Life and next years Wrinkle In Time as the currently only non-sequel/remake properties slated for release until then. That is, until 2020.

Stands to reason though. Disney needs all them safe bets to pull off them risky endeavours, such as occasional new properties.

Sigh.
    Oh guh, I forgot they were doing A Wrinkle in Time. I love that book, that is NOT an easy book to make into a good movie/tv special. I have an extra protectiveness of it because the author, Madeline L'Engle, went to my college. My old club has a signed copy of her book.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Jack and the Beanstalk never goes out of style, even if there is a crappy version or two. But, Disney has already made one (skip to 42:23):

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I know what that dog is.
    Then you'd be one of the few.

Its been confirmed that Will Smith will be playing the Genie in the upcoming live-action Aladdin film.

Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott will be playing Aladdin and Jasmine respectively.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Its been confirmed that Will Smith will be playing the Genie in the upcoming live-action Aladdin film.

So much for having casting problems.

Does this means we're gonna have a Rap Version of Friends Like Me?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Got excited when I learned the creators of Kim Possible were developing this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post

The casting of Jasmine is a joke.
    Apparently, no one from the Middle East or of Middle eastern origin was good enough to play it, so they go with someone that is half British/Indian. Apparently anyone sufficiently brown will do just nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Apparently, no one from the Middle East or of Middle eastern origin was good enough to play it, so they go with someone that is half British/Indian. Apparently anyone sufficiently brown will do just nicely.
    I don't know about this. I mean, has getting the nationality exactly right ever been a matter of much importance? Europeans have played Americans and vice versa, people from one European country have played characters hailing from another, the list goes on and on. Jasmine's actress has the appearance of someone who would be a believable Arabian native - you do realize she's inherently trying to be something she's not, since that's what acting is. Not to mention that Will Smith is African-American - does it make a difference that he's only voicing a CGI character?

Spoiler:

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Not to mention that Will Smith is African-American - does it make a difference that he's only voicing a CGI character?
    So this is a Mushu situation?

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Gosh it's almost as if people from Portugal/Morocco over to Northern India have generally the same sort of appearance or something. Sometimes even Latino people can look similar to that, what with the Spanish/Portuguese genes.

I noticed this from higher up too, from like Ireland to Russia you have all these people who generally look the same and could be from any of those places! And some guy from Tibet and a guy from Japan could be like brothers and you'd never guess till they said something!
    Whoa!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I don't know about this. I mean, has getting the nationality exactly right ever been a matter of much importance? Europeans have played Americans and vice versa, people from one European country have played characters hailing from another, the list goes on and on. Jasmine's actress has the appearance of someone who would be a believable Arabian native - you do realize she's inherently trying to be something she's not, since that's what acting is. Not to mention that Will Smith is African-American - does it make a difference that he's only voicing a CGI character?
    Nope you're right, casting on nationality basis is mega dumb.
    And people who think there's some super unique physical look to these regions that nowhere else shares stuff with is deeply fooling themselves, and also needs to get out more.

Even with just a quarter Italian in me I've been mistaken for or compared to Spaniard, Serbian, Greek, Jewish, Turkish, and Arab on some occasion or another by people from said locations or while in said locations. While also being assumed to be any given Northern European origin outside of like Scandinavian/Finnish.

People who complain about this are either being obsessed with the totally wrong sort of thing (nationality rather than racial appearance), or are genuinely sheltered as heck about what people in vast parts of the world look like.

lol so Agrabah is near the Jordan river apparently. Naomi Scott can definitely pass for Levantine, first hand experience speaking here bucko.

The weird thing is that the original Arabian Nights Aladdin took place in Xinjiang.

Cast the whole movie with Uyghurs. Confuse the hell out of people.

I saw a Turkish guy (in Turkey no less) who looked 95% identical to a younger Quentin Tarantino.
    Also one of my uncles in-law, who is a native Cypriot (so Levantine), looks damn near 100% identical to Buddy Valastro.
    But sure yeah culturally defined regions hold entirely unique phenotypes, sure man.

I just dunno where these folks live who get this sort of issue into their head. Even if you live in Whiteistan Iowa, is even everybody there the same sort of white origin wise? Like would you think it was nuts to be told you could pass for French AND Ukrainian? When you were mostly German-Danish? Or something? Cuz its not nuts.

Heck where I sub teach I have a fair amount of Middle Eastern and South Asian kids, and sure sometimes you can tell from a look, but often enough you can't.
    The Middle Eastern kids range from looking like they came outta Bangladesh, to looking white as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    The weird thing is that the original Arabian Nights Aladdin took place in Xinjiang.
    Isn't that extrapolated from it being set in a China where everybody is Muslim rather than anything in the text itself?
    Complicating things since 2009.

I remember one of my first sub-teaching gigs there was this second grade boy who was pale and blonde as all heck, reminded me of one of best friends I've known since that far back. French-English friend.
    Turns out the kid was Syrian Arab! Middle East is a phenotype buffet, at least in the Levant/Fertile Crescent.

Also just growing up in semi-urban Connecticut, you learn early on about blurry racial lines when you start being unsure if certain folks are Italian or Puerto Rican. Even sometimes given their names.
    Case in point lol.

Apparently there are blondes and redheads in Arabia. It's the reason Quatre from Gundam Wing is blonde even though he's from the Middle East.

That being said, who wants A Wrinkle in Time trailer with racial-swapped characters?

Not that Mrs Who and Mrs Which and Mrs Whatsit were ever blatantly stated to be white. Aliens, y'know.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information