+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 353 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 7059

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

Don't get me wrong, I do love Hunchback. It's not Beauty and the Beast, but the music is great (in Latin!), most of the characters are great, and it has a great villain. It also surprised me that Disney would make a movie that shows even part of the church in a bad light.

But does it need a live action? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    But does it need a live action? No.
    There's already been a dozen live action film versions, including silent films and miniseries... but its been almost sixty years since the last theatrical, and that was a French film.... and the one before that was in 1939, so being a SOUND film was a novelty! Hunchback is way past due for another crack at live action, even if its coming from Disney.

Out of all their animated properties, THIS is the one of the ones that's the most likely okay to move over, because the strengths of the story don't hinge on things only animation can do, like crazy comic timing or the Genie or talking animals. And especially since the Broadway version actually improved on it a bit... but they've so far had a terrible track record of not carrying over any broadway songs for the live remakes, which is a shame.

Similarly, Les Miserables is fine in live action, but they have yet to put an ideal version up, musical or otherwise. There's a perfect version waiting to be made, complete with songs, but the one we got wasn't it.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The original Hunchback will always have a chance at a movie, but I just worry about Disney specifically making their own movie live action. As in, talking gargoyles.

I wish Disney would take a stab at a different Gargoyles project....

Regardless, the 90's Disney animated sidekick thing isn't something they're entirely beholden to now, and the Broadway show already fixed them, so if the live film went anywhere near that approach, and stayed the hell away from Jason Alexander style, it'd be fine. But again, these films have a bad track record of NOT including any of the broadway stuff for some reason. Don't want to eat into those tickets I guess.

Tho, maybe we could get this version of Hellfire in there.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Here's new verison of the Kim Possible opening for the movie.

That's really, REALLY weird. It looks like they're legit trying to capture the tone and action of the show, down to things like Ron pushing Kim aside for the cheerleading or Ron's pants coming off and using the exact same music... but that just does not work at all on zero budget live action where swingng in front of a green screen just looks baaaad.

Like for once, they actually have the very best of intentions in trying to be true to the original as possible, and it's just... not something you can do without a big budget.

Last edited by Robby; January 24th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.

Lmao. I feel bad for people that loved this show. I know it's not really meant for them. But I think they're probably old enough to have to suffer through it cause they may have kids old enough to want to see this mess.

The clip of I saw a couple weeks ago was also puzzling. Because I thought she was under cover. But there's a scene of her being nearly late for the bus. But she's doing tactical rolls in the middle of the street and saving a baby with a grappling hook but nobody is surprised by this. In fact they seem to know she's a spy or whatever.

That's how it was on the original show, too, though. Everybody knows what Kim does in her free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    The clip of I saw a couple weeks ago was also puzzling. Because I thought she was under cover. But there's a scene of her being nearly late for the bus. But she's doing tactical rolls in the middle of the street and saving a baby with a grappling hook but nobody is surprised by this. In fact they seem to know she's a spy or whatever.
    Nope. That she went on missions and did globe trotting was open public knowledge. Had a number you could call and everything. Long as it didn't interfere with her school work.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Nope. That she went on missions and did globe trotting was open public knowledge. Had a number you could call and everything. Long as it didn't interfere with her school work.
    Uhhh. Okay that makes it more strange. Still not sorry I couldn't get into it lol.

I watched the whole series a year or so ago and for the longest time I thought Kim was a government agent or something, but eventually learned that she's apparently just a freelance...badass I guess who also saves the world from supervillains.

I still don't totally get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I watched the whole series a year or so ago and for the longest time I thought Kim was a government agent or something, but eventually learned that she's apparently just a freelance...badass I guess who also saves the world from supervillains.

I still don't totally get it.
    It's a show.for kids not everything is going to make sense,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

[Insert SoulEaterExcaliburFace]

I recently rewatched Avatar and it's still a visually breathtaking movie. The avatar's themselves look amazing.

And this is not amazing. But to be fair, getting Genie right was going to be a challenge from the start. Could've made him a big fat blob like in the original with tiny legs, but that wouldn't look right for film. Ears look good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post

[Insert SoulEaterExcaliburFace]
    aughggggh he looks so uncanny

Yeahh... officially not interested anymore. SOme of the behind the scenes shots had it looking really colorful but that just looks... meh.

And Will SMith just looks weeeeeird. And going by that clip (which to be fair is only like 2 seconds) he seems like he's just playing... Will Smith.

If you made a parody of a Disney remake of Aladdin, it'd still look like this.
    Complicating things since 2009.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information