+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 354 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 7062

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

Um, that's not English, but hey, it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    not bad. its got its own vibe.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

Thats...completely inferior to the original in every way. Less energized. Less dynamic filming. Less exciting visuals. Kinda like the whole enterprise, by the looks of it!

I...can't do this one. Hopefully the Mulan movie will be a better approach.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Both Aladdin and Lion King seem like they're going to be shot for shot remakes... and inferior in every single way while they're at it.

Hard pass on both.

Maybe Mulan will be okay.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Favorite Youtube comment:

"Strong as 10 regular men definitely "
    Original: genie makes Aladdin super strong so he can lift 6 men into the air
    Remake: Aladdin just kinda waves and they hope everyone believes the singer

Will, you were meant to rap, not sing.

I do think the singers/dancers were doing a good job. But yeah, it's just . . . . lacking.

Made me have to rewatch the original:

Last edited by Satsuki; May 14th, 2019 at 06:27 PM.

Telling, not showing is a bold choice in a visual medium.
    Complicating things since 2009.

If you increase the playspeed to 1.5 times, it STARTS to have something resembling energy.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Watching it again, one thing that bothers me is that the complete lack of interaction with people on the street.

In the original film, Genie was actively selling Aladdin to the crowd beyond merely singing and a fair bit of that crowd had already been introduced to us earlier in the film which made Agrabah feel more like a real place. Here, there's nothing of that at all.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I like the singing. I think the movement is too slow and stiff.

It seems like a performance where you would sit to watch rather than an interactive experience that trying to swept you into their pace. If that's the case I think they should have had it exclusivement in the castle where there's minimal people and it's about seducing the king only. PLus if it's just the king it should be easier to have a little interraction.

Or have him hijacking some kind of ceremonial circus were just perfoming make sense. I find the choice of street a bad choice for this kind of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Will, you were meant to rap, not sing.
    Yeah Will's cheesy ass raps have been past their sell by date by a good 20 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

They already had a successful Broadway version of this, couldn't they just take some of their cues from that?

Not to mention they could have cast the guy who played Genie in that considering he won a freaking Tony for it. (no offense, Will)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Yeah Will's cheesy ass raps have been past their sell by date by a good 20 years.
    Hey, Men in Black will never age.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

Hey, Men in Black will never age.
    Well the movie no, Will dancing over a sample of Forget Me Nots, with a CGI alien from the movie....I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

This is fucking unforgiveably BORING. And this is someone who not only didnt grow up with Aladdin, but also cried to the ending of the live action Beauty and the Beast.

Also I do love the Arabic version of the cartoon!

And this is why you don't get Guy Richie to direct your films.
    (seriously, imagine if they got some one with actual experience doing musicals; give us the Bollywood version).

It only just occurred to me that this is GUY RITCHIE directing this, when he has no experience with fantasy or musicals. I like his crime/mystery movies, but those are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. I don't know if he did Disney a favor or something to get the gig, or if the higher ups at Disney were just fishing for a famous director and got him.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And in response to that, Disney puts out a clip:

Don't let the title fool you, there's no song in this. It's just Al and Jasmine talking. But y'know what? I think this is the first time we've gotten an actual (short) look at Aladdin himself, not just everything around him.

Wow, way to completely butcher the emotion, comedy, and intent of that entire scene. Like him walking over the ledge and jumping off makes no sense in that context... and Jasmine's reaction of "whu?" where she just stares at the camera instead of... actually reacting? Ugh.

Also, in the original the "do you trust me" line had a very specific unique camera shot to it, with a specific pose and dynamic foreshortening and forced perspective, in order to make it super recognizable when he repeated it later in the film and key Jasmine in. That's just... a camera shot.

Hidden:

Like, they ALREADY storyboarded this stuff for you 27 years ago. How do you get LESS artistic and visually interesting? Especially when you're doing a line for line remake? Same with Lion King. THis is stuff I'm noticing at first glance without even needing to think about it, how do people that worked on these things for months just... miss the point so badly?
    Last edited by Robby; May 16th, 2019 at 02:38 AM.

Forget that, how the hell did someone think it would be a good idea to make this into a live-action? Even beyond the garbage factory-made look, it looks super cheesy and embarrassing. Like some youtuber doing a live-action parody.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information