+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 One Piece Moviegoers to Get Manga Vol. 0 in Japan!

Default Re: 2009 One Piece Moviegoers to Get Manga Vol. 0 in Japan!

Mark your calendars.

Contact your local Japanese bookstores.

Be ready for it.

In Weekly JUMP #53 (that means 4 weeks from Monday and perhaps a few days earlier in some overseas locations ((and certainly earlier online)) ) One Piece Chapter 0 will be published.

Nothing mentioned about length, only that it will explain Shiki's past.

So there you have it. It seems highly likely this will be the same content published in Tank 0.

IN ADDITION

The events of Chapter 0 have already been turned into an animated...short(?)...episode(?) and will be put to limited edition mail-in-campaign 3000 DVDs. They suggest that these DVDs will be the only way to see it. I dunno about that since there's an opportunity for them to make money BUT it will probably be the only way to see it for the time being.

Holy fuck.

this chapter 0 is the same manga theyre giving away to those who will see the movie in japan?

Romance Dawn is an OVA of one piece.. i read about it in wikipedia page of OP

Quote Originally Posted by sgn15 View Post
    this chapter 0 is the same manga theyre giving away to those who will see the movie in japan?

You obviously don't know anything

for starters, ova is original video animation so if you're talking about manga you're already screwed.

for the 0 thingy, they're releasing volume 0 at the movie. but chapter 0 in 4 weeks (my brain is still digesting this information)

also greg said earlier in the movie 10 thread that we might get a chance to see roger vs shiki. oh shit i'm getting a seizure again...adfxvjz

@_@ Oh my! That sounds veeery interesting! We will at last get some bg info on Shiki! :D Yay! VERY good news Greg!
    Oooh And it will be animated too?! Cool! o3o But...only 3000 DVDs? D; Ouchies.
    Last edited by Chrissie; October 31st, 2009 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Thankies for sharing~ O:
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

No rubbish for Ayla, or head go boom!

I guess not, since it will appear in Jump # 53 while it was said that Volume 0 will be exclusive to moviegoers.

Anyways, thanks for the news Greg. I take it that this one will rather be easy to track down then. Now I wonder if Chapter 0 will also be an element of Volume 0 or if they both will have different content.

Quote Originally Posted by Selph View Post
    also greg said earlier in the movie 10 thread that we might get a chance to see roger vs shiki. oh shit i'm getting a seizure again...adfxvjz
    That's what the blurb next to the image of Volume 0 said at the end of the second trailer. So I guess it's pretty much confirmed to be among the content of the volume.

Oh wow you're right. I totally confused the manga version of Chapter 0 that hasn't even been published yet with Romance Dawn the non-canon test-chapter of OP that we all saw a year ago. I managed to do this despite having spent months of my life writing/obssessing/geeking out over One Piece.

I'm so stupid.

Wait, either that or you're a few cookies short of a batch.

Anyways, thanks for the news Greg. I take it that this one will rather be easy to track down then. Now I wonder if Chapter 0 will also be an element of Volume 0 or if they both will have different content.
    I can't imagine them being anything different than from one in the same. I think it's Oda's way of getting it to all the fans. It seemed strange that he would limit it to such a small number seeing as how he LOVES fans and wouldn't want to do anything that HE as a fan, would be disappointed by.

I don't see that DVD staying 'limited' forever either.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Mark your calendars.

Contact your local Japanese bookstores.

Be ready for it.

In Weekly JUMP #53 (that means 4 weeks from Monday and perhaps a few days earlier in some overseas locations ((and certainly earlier online)) ) One Piece Chapter 0 will be published.

Nothing mentioned about length, only that it will explain Shiki's past.

So there you have it. It seems highly likely this will be the same content published in Tank 0.

IN ADDITION

The events of Chapter 0 have already been turned into an animated...short(?)...episode(?) and will be put to limited edition mail-in-campaign 3000 DVDs. They suggest that these DVDs will be the only way to see it. I dunno about that since there's an opportunity for them to make money BUT it will probably be the only way to see it for the time being.

Holy fuck.
    Wait, so it's not a WHOLE volume? Just one chapter? Anyway, thanks Greg.

everything fades to gray Jejune's Avatar

Very cool that Vol 0 will be published so more people can get it, you'd have to be super lucky to get one of these dvds though!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I can't imagine them being anything different than from one in the same. I think it's Oda's way of getting it to all the fans. It seemed strange that he would limit it to such a small number seeing as how he LOVES fans and wouldn't want to do anything that HE as a fan, would be disappointed by.

I don't see that DVD staying 'limited' forever either.
    So it could be possible then that Volume 0 actually covers both Chapter 0 and the content of the art book. Would make sense though I wonder what special exclusive content would be left for the Volume itself. Perhaps just the cover and some movie related SBS.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    Wait, so it's not a WHOLE volume? Just one chapter? Anyway, thanks Greg.
    No. Chapter 0 will be in Jump #53. Volume 0 is the giveway in the cinemas.

I'm fainting from this epicness, thx for the info Greg.
    To summarize all theinfo we get:

-One Piece Film Strong World by Oda
    -4 Anime special episodes
    -Volume Zero, which seems to be a tank with Roger vs Shiki
    -A new artbook
    -Chapter Zero published in issue 53
    -A short animation of Chapter Zero on DVD

I really don't know what to say, Oda is pure epicness.

So it could be possible then that Volume 0 actually covers both Chapter 0 and the content of the art book. Would make sense though I wonder what special exclusive content would be left for the Volume itself. Perhaps just the cover and some movie related SBS.^^
    I was late to the Vol 0 discussion but I presented this idea as soon as I joined the discussion. I apologize for being late but I couldn't quelch the, "OH MY GOD WE'RE GETTING A FULL COMPLETE VOLUME OF ONE PIECE!!!!!!!!!!111111111111FTW", bullshit rumor before it got out evidently.

But yeah, from the start I never expected it to be a full tank of chapter material. It will DEFINITELY have some sketches and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post

No. Chapter 0 will be in Jump #53. Volume 0 is the giveway in the cinemas.
    So chapter 0 might be just one chapter of volume 0, right? And the other chapters will be released withing volume 0.

Edit:
    Just saw Greg's post.

Vol. 0 is confirmed at this point as having Shiki's backstory, Roger VS Shiki (or so the trailer claims) and Oda's sketches.

If we are to believe the 2nd Trailer shot, it looks like a traditional JC tank publication. However, that's only if it isn't a mock-up and even if it isn't, it's unclear if it's as long as a regular tank or not.

It very well could be a full tank but that has NOT been confirmed or even brought up anywhere reliable.

That's all we know as of right now.

So that was what all these breaks were for.

Damn, He's a busy guy.

Thanks for the news, Greg. So assuming there's no breaks until then, we should get to chapter 565 and then the chapter 0.
    1st Mate of the Ancient Forest Pirates.

Oda's been epic and all but I do wonder if this is the main reason behind a lot of his breaks...that or just success and Shueisha's "build the suspense" campaign.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Yes, he's been very vocal that the reason for all the breaks have been for the movie. I'm SURE some of it has to do with him being a dad, but even so, it's because his workload is all the more than it was before. I can't believe he went into this after coming off the 10th Anniversary either. The man is a machine. Seriously. That Korean fan comic is so damn true.

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

HOLY MOTHERFUCKER CHAPTER 0.

Oda is undeniably epic. *bows down to the floor*

wait.. i know that Romance Dawn is from the manga (or the manga, OP volume 1 and the manga before OP itself), im just saying that Romance Dawn is made into an OVA..

Naruto's and Bleach's authors cant even come close to Oda's overall epicness and they're supposedly more popular to the readers than OP? come on now

not Witcher, not Wizzard Tyndel's Avatar

wait.. i know that Romance Dawn is from the manga (or the manga, OP volume 1 and the manga before OP itself), im just saying that Romance Dawn is made into an OVA..

Naruto's and Bleach's authors cant even come close to Oda's overall epicness and they're supposedly more popular to the readers than OP? come on now
    There are two versions of Romance Dawn made before Oda started One Piece and the first chapter of One Piece is also named Romance Dawn, but none of them is 'chapter 0'. Onemanga just had to fit the one version of RD in somewhere.

But you probably understood all that already. ^^
    Last edited by Tyndel; October 31st, 2009 at 06:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information