+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: General Ninja Turtles thread

Default Re: Nickelodeon buys the Ninja Turtles

Normally, I'm not such a purist that I don't call foul on things that are changed in adaptations, but......

Mikey with a chain scythe?

Don with a bisento?

Does... Not... Compute...!

*EDIT* Great, now I'm reminded of Leo's scissor-katanas from that show I'm still trying to repress.
    BUY UNCUT ONE PIECE DVDs!!!

M. Night Shyamalan deserves a sound ass-whooping for his crimes against fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender!

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

I'll just leave this OFFICIAL PREVIEW ART here:

...I'm good with this. (Well, except for Don's face here. WTH?)

And a couple of new tweets on Alex Deligiannis twitter:

"Regarding the weapons, that’s just one of many images that was used for the composite. Don’t get your panties bunched, it's ok. Promise."

"Incidentally, what kind of sense would it make to "outlaw" two wooden sticks, but replace them with a swinging blade on a chain? Come on."
    So Mikey and Don may actually have their trademark weapons when the show begins.

Man, I was doing just fine with my Turtle-withdrawals too...until this came out. IS IT 2012 YET? D8
    Last edited by Rebecky_Mo; March 12th, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

I think they need to put that sneak peak into the oven, and let it cook a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by SemiJuggalo View Post
    Normally, I'm not such a purist that I don't call foul on things that are changed in adaptations, but......
    The turtles have had about 8,000 adaptations already, including two cartoon series, (and the last season of the 80s show may as well have been a new thing) one anime, one live action power ranger show, three animatronic movies, 1 CGI movie, had ongoing comic series at three different companies (each with different continuities) dozens of crossovers (They've been with Savage Dragon AND Usagi Yojimbo AND Flaming Carrot AND Archie AND Cerebus! Each with a different art style and tone.) and even withing the original Mirage line issues 14-49 were full of completely random randomness, and Kevin Eastman later on did a super bloody R rated series with Raph and Casey Jones.

There's no definitive version at this point.

Even the official Mirage comics ranged from this to this in the course of two issues.

Beyond maybe the first original 12 issues, theres not much of an original source and you really can't fault anyone for doing something different, there's no definitive version to go to. Really, the Turtles are open to style and theme changes more than practically anything out there, that might be why they've endured so well. Kinda like Batman. Can be goofy, campy, brooding, actiony, noir, dark, mystery, adventuresome fantasy, sci fi, comedy, and anything in between and they're all legit takes.

The 2003 show actually did a really good job of capturing a lot of the Mirage comic storylines and feel. Up until they went into the future anyway. And the final sendoff episode as a great tribute to everything that is Turtles and the variety available.
    Last edited by Robby; March 12th, 2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: My personal go to is the Archie comic. Cliffhanger finale and all

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

I know the turtles differ with each incarnation, I'm just referring to the weapons (which, for the most part have remained consistent). I can't really judge the series as a whole from a tiny clip, anyway.

I do hope they don't make it TOO MUCH like the original 80s-90s cartoon series.
    BUY UNCUT ONE PIECE DVDs!!!

M. Night Shyamalan deserves a sound ass-whooping for his crimes against fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender!

Seconding pretty much everything Robby said.

Pretty much anything re: the Turtles has been changed in one form or another from series to series. Heck, they even added a female Turtle to one of the shows! (Confession: I actually like the idea of Venus, but the end result didn't pan out).

I guess it's like how water, ice and steam are all, ultimately, the same element, just in a different form. The Turtles Forever TV Movie showed it pretty well.

And Robby?

Quick high-five for being a fellow Archie!TMNT fan. God, I loved that comic series.

Pretty sure I'd sell a chunk of my soul to Nickelodeon if they brought some Archie elements into this new 'toon. And I'm not just talkin' about Ninjara. The Mutanimals (*SOB*), Wyrm, Armaggon, and Slash (*SOB*) to name a few...

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecky_Mo View Post
    (Well, except for Don's face here. WTH?)

Topless Robot had a post the other day that called attention to his googly eyes. Mikey has those eyes as well, but they're more in character and not quite as noticeable besides.
    Complicating things since 2009.

^ Yes, THAT face. Exactly.

Even if Donatello's right eye were more narrowed, it would work a million times better; more "Ninja Battle Cry", and less "SURPRISE STICK WHUPPING!"

Oh my poor Donny, for the guy using the bo, you're always getting the short end of the stick. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecky_Mo View Post
    ^ Yes, THAT face. Exactly.

Even if Donatello's right eye were more narrowed, it would work a million times better; more "Ninja Battle Cry", and less "SURPRISE STICK WHUPPING!"

Oh my poor Donny, for the guy using the bo, you're always getting the short end of the stick. *sigh*
    Ironic or just plain "punny"?

The whole controversy with Mikey and the nunchucks just will never go away...though it does feel out of nowhere they'd change Don's Bo to a Bisento...but at least it's sort of makes sense in that it's a bow with a blade at the end.

Heh...I don't get why Nick is so obsessed in getting a male audience anyway. They and Disney have cornered girls and CN actually has a niche they can fill thanks to that...not to mention they're so braindead that they can't even make a new comedy show last and just pile on more and more seasons of that stupid sponge.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoro Ataru View Post
    The whole controversy with Mikey and the nunchucks just will never go away...though it does feel out of nowhere they'd change Don's Bo to a Bisento...but at least it's sort of makes sense in that it's a bow with a blade at the end.

Heh...I don't get why Nick is so obsessed in getting a male audience anyway. They and Disney have cornered girls and CN actually has a niche they can fill thanks to that...not to mention they're so braindead that they can't even make a new comedy show last and just pile on more and more seasons of that stupid sponge.
    And Fairly "Poof" Parents.

Michelangelo still has his Nunchaku. They probably have a second set of weapons this time around.

Now put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Extra weapons don't bother me, the original toys came with all sorts of extra weapons. Especially my fave set , the Storage Shell Turtles.

I'm really liking the proportions on the guys in that pic, sort of a nice blend of the 03 cartoon and the CG movie. They look bulky and tough, but still cartoony. I agree with Silver R Bolt tho, the cg models weren't ready to be seen yet.

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

The premiere is officially March 31st after the Kid Choice Awards. This link also includes a look at the upcoming toy line: http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/36453

I really like the new designs for the Turtles for the new series.

Seein the toy designs I'm REALLY liking what I see! Bring it on, Nickelodeon!!!

Well, I know I'll be on Youtube looking for the premiere later that night.

And dude, those toys? Are sweet! Every turtle actually gets entirely different molds; no shared body types here! I'm totally going to be picking those up.

If you look super close at the sewer-playset, you get a look at a few of the upcoming toys. No sign of casey Jones anywhere (don't deny me my favorite vigilante, Nick!) but April's in the far left, Splinter bottom right, a random Food Ninja, Shredder mid-right, and at the top by Raph is--

Spoiler:
    ...Krang.

KRANG.

KRANGKRANGKRANGKRAAAAAAANG! *jumps up and down like the fangirl she is*

Hey, is there an official TMNT discussion thread? Between this show, the (totally awesome) IDW comic, and the expected (eventual) reboot movie, maybe there should be?

I know there was a thread in the game section for the rumored Rock Steady game.

This link here has pics of the equally fantastic Classic Turtles figures!

And Rebeccy: This link here has some photos of the actual figures instead of gussied up prototype photos. As well as better looks at April, Splinter, Shredder (with Megaman legs!) Foot Ninja and a Kraang (apparently they are referred to that in plural and there's an army of em)

I do like the designs for April, Splinter, and Shredder. My guess the Ultorm thing is the new version of Krang and it looks nice as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information