Closed Thread
Page 1 of 500 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Felch Discussion Part 3

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Default Felch Discussion Part 3

So yeah, it looks like it's going to be Kenpachi vs Byakuya in the manga....and the anime just had it. The timing seems a bit odd.

Also...

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/382/18-19/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/112/18-19/

Nostalgic.

Default Re: Bleach discussion part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    So yeah, it looks like it's going to be Kenpachi vs Byakuya in the manga....and the anime just had it. The timing seems a bit odd.

Also...

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/382/18-19/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/112/18-19/

Nostalgic.
    That's what I was thinking...

Oh jeez, even the same pages. There's no way that's a coincidence. Yet tell that to any hardcore Bleacher and I'm sure they'll say "NO HES ORIGINAL".

Oda was far from the first person to use a situation like that, you know.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Yeah, it's probably just because I'm a one piece fan that my mind instantly thought of whisky peak. In fairness, it has been a long timesince then.

One other thing, the anime just showed Unohana, Kyoraku & Ukitake's zanpakuto sealing off Yamamoto. I've been enjoying the sword arc thus far, but it seems a bit odd that three zanpakuto (albeit three of the strongest) could seal off Yamamoto and Ryujin Jakka. Yeah, I know, I know, only filler...

I wonder how that guy from NF is going to explain Kubo "teaching" Oda about that final page? (rescue arcs !!!)

Pretty much the same thing:
    "You're in my way" x2 = Double beat down in one panel!

But It was pretty cool and he chose the right pair to do it. Yammy needs to go, and the final page did look bad ass. This is the kinda stuff that makes Bleach fun to read

I'm kinda torn between wanting to see them fight and wanting to see the story progress.

Which is good.

Well...Unohana was fun about this chapter. That's...about it I guess. Oh, and I agree with Satsuki: Kubo can still have fun character interactions and can create a better manga than this...he just doesn't want to (due to fan love of the stupid Bleach we have now) or can't (because of Shueisha's bottom line).

(still hoping Yammi is alive somehow if only to allow for Isane to do something other than heal)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Certainly a lot better then bribing shinigami to fight, anyway.

Ah, I may as well be on the first page. This weeks chapter was decent I guess. Seems that for the past two weeks we've been caught in a rut of Unohana praising Ichigo for being the only one able to defeat Aizen, complemented with Kenpachi and Byakuya laying the hurt on Yammysaurus.

Seriously, I think this week's and last week's chapter are exactly the same thing, just done differently. Aside from that awesome double KO Oda rip off double page spread at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Oh jeez, even the same pages. There's no way that's a coincidence. Yet tell that to any hardcore Bleacher and I'm sure they'll say "NO HES ORIGINAL".
    Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, you guys shouldn't act like this because Bleach is a terrible manga, the event on its own is symbolically positive. The specific chapter was good as a stand-still because nothing happened essentially. As a stand-still it did forshadow a possible Kenpachi Byakuya fight though. I think Kubo was honoring Oda personally.

The story is still terrible though, Ichigo has no place beating Aizen, it should be Uruhara or Ishin.

Nah, last week's wins by default for having Mayuri.

I got a little Whiskey Peak flashback while reading this though.

Bleach's powers are still all over the place, but the chapter wasn't particulary bad I guess. I mean, it looked cool.
    Hey you! Let's party!

I'm not willing to really go back and check, but if Kubo has consistently been doing the whole, "Ichigo's reiatsu matches his jacket" thing, I'd give him a little praise for it. Even if his chapters always lack in terms of story or stuff actually happening, he's pretty good at giving subtle hints at what's going on beneath the surface. The deteriorating jacket and thickening lines of his hollow mask are obvious enough, but I'll have to be certain to slow down and pay close attention next time I re-read the manga.

Not a bad chapter, I suppose. Honestly, Yammy has been as disappointing as the rest of the Espada. He's being tossed around like a rag doll. So much for being the strongest Espada.

Potential Byakuya versus Zaraki intrigues me. Honestly, this is no place for this fight to occur. There's a small-scale war going on, and the supposed strongest Espada is right in front of them. I don't know Kubo would build Yammy up as such a beast, and then have him overshadowed entirely by a grudge match like this. Either it's full-on fanservice, because the manga is coming to a close, or Soul Society and the captains won't be heavily involved in the Hell arc.

Do we know what Kubo contributed to the current filler? I assumed it was just the plot concept and the character designs, but he must have provided an outline or something. The timing for these two skirmishes are one heck of a coincidence.

I like how Unohana still scares the hell out of everyone. Only thing that was entertaining.

So... does Byakuya actually say the line along with Kenpachi or is it just him?

I'm leaning towards the latter don't think that guy's ever said anything above monotone so it'd be really odd to me.

I've never really gotten the whole, "Oh God! Captain Mom is scaaaaary!" bit of comedy. It just never seemed all that funny to me. I don't even think I realized it was a joke until I started reading comments online.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    So... does Byakuya actually say the line along with Kenpachi or is it just him?

I'm leaning towards the latter don't think that guy's ever said anything above monotone so it'd be really odd to me.
    I actually think he said it, since on 17 they definitely both say "you're in my way".

I reckon he'd just mumble "get lost" though, I agree he'd never shout.

Also, I just noticed that Kenpachi is still wearing his eyepatch.

So much for vaste lords being three times stronger then captains.

Also, I just noticed that Kenpachi is still wearing his eyepatch.

So much for vaste lords being three times stronger then captains.
    He's also been fighting with only one arm.
    Last edited by Robby; November 12th, 2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: And he's never had Bankai...
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Good catch. So he's not even using yamamoto's kendo against the strongest of Aizen's hand picked vaste lords.

Cheapens their build up for me.
    Last edited by Darkstorm; November 12th, 2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Not to mention what aizen did to harribell

Maybe this is more of a "Kenpachi is awesome like that" thing, than a "this guy is weaker than advertised" thing? Not to mention, it seems like a flat out raw strength meelee fight, against a VERY BIG HARD TO MISS target, which is pretty much Kenpachi's specialty. If Yammi was a small fast guy, that would probably give him a little more trouble. But like this? He can't help but swing his sword and cut something off.

One of these days, before the series is out, we need to see him ditch the bells, eyepatch, fight double handed, and use bankai with him then revealing "Yeah, I figured out that bankai crap a hundred years ago. Its boring so I don't use it, but if I've REALLY only got five seconds to do this before the end of the world..."

Granted nothing short of the ultimate final villain could conceivably withstand that, but much like Rock Lee opening all 8 gates while drunk, its a combination thats basically been promised that we need to see the full potential of eventually, otherwise its a bit of a letdown at the end.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Closed Thread

Thread Information