Page 2 of 500 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Felch Discussion Part 3

Default Re: Bleach discussion part 3

sigh... dammit Robby...

I wanna see that shit now

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    One of these days, before the series is out, we need to see him ditch the bells, eyepatch, fight double handed, and use bankai with him them revealing "Yeah, I figured out that bankai crap a hundred years ago. Its boring so I don't use it, but if I've REALLY only got five seconds to do this..."

Nothing short of the ultimate final villain could conceivably withstand that, but much like Rock Lee opening all 8 gates while drunk, its a combination thats basically been promised that we need to see the full potential of eventually, otherwise its a bit of a letdown at the end.
    I'd like that, but I kind of get the feeling we're coming to the end of Bleach now.

Unless Aizen's going to run away again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    I'd like that, but I kind of get the feeling we're coming to the end of Bleach now.

Unless Aizen's going to run away again.
    Smiley and Blinkey haven't been beaten yet, so its not even close to time to beat Aizen yet. (Unless one of them is the real, real for realz surprise final boss)

Jump will insist the series run through its 10th anniversary so they can hype the crap out of it. So its got to last at least through 2011, I just can't imagine them letting it end short of that magic marketing number.

A hell arc (being a complete retread of the last two arcs) is still totally conceivable and even semi-promised from the brief hints and glimpses we've been shown along the way.

Or Aizen being a multi form Frieza-level bastard who takes everyone down one by one... but even Frieza "only" lasted for like 30 chapters.

Both outcomes seem likely.

I mean, Ichigo HAS to see the secret technique that then makes Aizen impossible to beat, its not Shonen otherwise.

And they still have the opportunity to fight God. For the lulz.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Default Re: Bleach Discussion Part 3

Ah yes, the Spirit King with his team of super powerful warriors who don't care about what goes on in the world at large.

I do wonder about Blinkey though. I mean, he's already used his Bankai in a fight against someone who had already been through a gruelling fight and been soundly thrashed.

I assume he's found some super-technique since.

Do you have any carrots? MmmBug's Avatar

Aizen will escape through the door with the key after he makes it. Going to hell is probably a way to get another key to follow him. Just guessing.
    ~Kyoujin Pirates Treasurer~

http://www.9panels.com/

the hell arc should play out like a DOOM game...no not first person shooter or in this case first person sword fighting. Have them go to doors trying to open them and having the door say " you must have the blue key card to pass through".
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Legen, wait for it...dary! Mugiwara Kaizoku's Avatar

Oh man, Darkstorm you failed in spelling the correct thread title. change it "Bleh Discussion Part 3", will ya!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    So yeah, it looks like it's going to be Kenpachi vs Byakuya in the manga....and the anime just had it. The timing seems a bit odd.
    i could imagine a filler fight between those two being better than anything Kubo creates, so please inform me if it is indeed better as i dropped the anime long ago.
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...it's the mucus that bites us!

The Bleach anime is one of those wierd exceptions where the filler is generally just as good as, and sometimes BETTER, than the actual manga it comes from.

Strange how that works.

^
    There's a thirst for more story in Bleach, given how minimalist it is. Putting additional stories through fillers doesn't hurt this series. Also, this series is a solid battle manga. Most of the chapters show nothing but fights. So its pretty easy to come up of an idea for a filler arc since basically all you need is a story which leads to monstrous number of fights. This doesn't kill the mood in Bleach. This won't work with any other series though.

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    the hell arc should play out like a DOOM game...
    "No! I must kill the hollows" Ichigo shouted.
    Urahara said "No, Ichigo. You are the hollows"
    And then Ichigo was a zombie.

...something like that?

It was a pretty risky decision to go into a huge filler arc right in the middle of a story arc, but I think it's paid off for them, the zanpaktuo arc has been good and actually got me watching Bleach again.

The Bleach anime is one of those wierd exceptions where the filler is generally just as good as, and sometimes BETTER, than the actual manga it comes from.

Strange how that works.
    Inu yasha .
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

im jus as shocked as she is...i mean did i miss sumthing major..how did Ichigo get that strong?

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Inu yasha .
    Though in IY's case, both filler and continuty sucked anyway.

I just wonder what the heck Kubo's excuse is for a week off...unless it's in prep for his next TBTP-style arc, which actually may be worth something as opposed to weeks upon weeks of nothing.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Inu yasha .
    Yes, Inu Yasha was a horrible example of filler, where it padded out the series badly and took an already over-extended narrative, where even the manga itself was full of filler, and made it even longer.

Good example of bad filler.

Unlike Bleach which has good filler.

I still want to see more of that one shinigami who got left behind and covered himself in hollow masks. He was badass.

That guy was actually supposed to be in the manga, but was left out because Kubo didn't have time.

If Bleach doesn't end with the karakura town arc, we may see rukia go back for him.

The main reason Bleach filler is good is because that it's Kubo's original intention, most of the time. From the interviews I've read, Kubo had planned to incorporate the Bounts, the early Hueco Mundo stuff, and this recent Zanpakuto Arc all into the manga, it's just that Bleach's pacing prohibited it. Because Bleach has entire pages of just swinging swords, it would take years and years to add all these filler arcs in and would drag the main story out even more.

I don't get it, either. If you ever read Zombie Powder, that series was go, go, go. The pacing was fast and Kubo actually took the time to draw really decent backgrounds. Given that he's said many times in interviews that he's given the background for all the filler arcs in Bleach, it's obvious he's not doing the pacing problem out of spite or dislike of the series... So what is it? Pressure from his Editor? Who knows...
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

Yes, Inu Yasha was a horrible example of filler, where it padded out the series badly and took an already over-extended narrative, where even the manga itself was full of filler, and made it even longer.

Good example of bad filler.

Unlike Bleach which has good filler.

I still want to see more of that one shinigami who got left behind and covered himself in hollow masks. He was badass.
    Wow, really? I thought it had SOME filler that was better than the manga. Like those Inu Yasha in the real world filler episodes and that Miroku's master is gonna die episode.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post

I don't get it, either. If you ever read Zombie Powder, that series was go, go, go. The pacing was fast and Kubo actually took the time to draw really decent backgrounds. Given that he's said many times in interviews that he's given the background for all the filler arcs in Bleach, it's obvious he's not doing the pacing problem out of spite or dislike of the series... So what is it? Pressure from his Editor? Who knows...
    The difference is that Zombie Power only lasted less than a year, the same time frame that a chunk of the Karakura arc (the fun part of the series) lasted in Bleach. Who is to say that that wouldn't have dragged too if Kubo got popular with that instead of "random characters swinging swords with one being a super-popular shota".
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoro Ataru View Post
    The difference is that Zombie Power only lasted less than a year, the same time frame that a chunk of the Karakura arc (the fun part of the series) lasted in Bleach. Who is to say that that wouldn't have dragged too if Kubo got popular with that instead of "random characters swinging swords with one being a super-popular shota".
    It actually was popular. The reason it got cancelled is because Kubo had a lot of stress in his personal life and quite literally had a meltdown while writing/drawing it. He and his editor decided to end/cancel the series and he went on hiatus for a while, then came back and started Bleach. Zombie Powder and Super Unholy Hearted Machine were actually really good.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

Closed Thread

Thread Information