+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 281 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Thread

Default Re: The new Super Street Fighter IV Thread; now with 150% more spinning!

I feel personally obligated to at least get somehwat good with Cody...

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Default Re: The new Super Street Fighter IV Thread; now with 150% more spinning!

We should have a video of them by tomorrow. The update is tomorrow and which will be on the 3S characters like last time we got the alpha characters liek this and the next day a promo vid popped up.

I plan to main Guy, Chun and Makoto. But all of the new characters look really fun to play with.

Now with lobby system this is gonna be even more fun :D

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post
    I feel personally obligated to at least get somehwat good with Cody...
    If I can find prison motif in your size and a steel pipe at Lowe's before Otakon.....
    Last edited by TakinawaTonfa; February 16th, 2010 at 07:38 PM.

I may just have an excuse to cosplay yet... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

If Cody, Dudley and Ibuki play like they did in A3 (Cody) and 3S (Dudley & Ibuki), I will play the hell out of them. I really, REALLY hope Dudley keeps his Rolling Thunder super/ultra. A freaking Dempsey Roll!

Oh reading the Famitsu scans Dudleys Supers are :

Ultra I : Rolling Thunder
    Ultra II : Corkscrew Cross
    Super : Rocket Upper

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiya View Post
    Oh reading the Famitsu scans Dudleys Supers are :

Ultra I : Rolling Thunder
    Ultra II : Corkscrew Cross
    Super : Rocket Upper
    YES! Dudley is total win, then!

Some people are playing it I guess since these are either recent or they are being hold off till now.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

I realize that this was one of the main reason why 3rd strike was not received properly despite having one of the best gameplay of a 2d fighting game.

It was the lack of SF2 character.
    The alpha serie had the intelligence to add the SF2 characters.

In SF3, only Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Akuma were added.

I am praying for Karin in the third version of the game.

I hope for godsake they change Akuma 2nd ultra otherwise I am not even planning to play this edition.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

What the hell are you talking about? I'm pretty sure 3rd Strike is the one that everybody on the Internet fawns over. Its the Final Fantasy VI of Street Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I realize that this was one of the main reason why 3rd strike was not received properly despite having one of the best gameplay of a 2d fighting game.

It was the lack of SF2 character.
    The alpha serie had the intelligence to add the SF2 characters.

In SF3, only Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Akuma were added.

I am praying for Karin in the third version of the game.

I hope for godsake they change Akuma 2nd ultra otherwise I am not even planning to play this edition.

It was cause of lack of sales and unlikeable characters.

And sucks to be you since his 2nd ultra is still there and the only real problem that people seem to be having is that he has that odd spin which could be removed so It be one fierce kick. It's seen in the Akuma vs Gouken vid where he kicks him in the gut and his symbol appear behind him.

So I guess you won't be getting this game even tho it has alot to offer :/

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

It was cause of lack of sales and unlikeable characters.

And sucks to be you since his 2nd ultra is still there and the only real problem that people seem to be having is that he has that odd spin which could be removed so It be one fierce kick. It's seen in the Akuma vs Gouken vid where he kicks him in the gut and his symbol appear behind him.

So I guess you won't be getting this game even tho it has alot to offer :/
    Also 3D fightings were more popular because they looked more realistic. However, 2D games age very well.

I heard that fans considered alpha to be the true succesoor because their favourite characters were there. I still remember the Ryu boss fight when I had Sagat. This fight was pure epicness with the thunder plains which is a tribute to the movie.

Akuma challenging Ryu to surpass him and we learn why Ryu's quest seems endless. Sakura's ending was sad and nostalgic.

Even SF4 lacks this kind of endings. Alpha 2 will always have the best endings of the serie.
    I am still sticking with SF4. Besides, I do not know if I like the idea of two ultras. Maybe, I prefer to remain simple.

BTW, they have to add the otoko michi for Dan of marvel vs street fighter. It is the most bad ass ultra ever.

I hate that spin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpHGBKi9lw4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2FPHxfqd0Q&NR=1

They are overdoing a bit too much maybe.

Sometimes it is better to remain simple.

Also 3D fighting's were more popular because they looked more realistic. However, 2D games age very well.

I heard that fans considered alpha to be the true successor because their favorite characters were there. I still remember the Ryu boss fight when I had Sagat. This fight was pure epicness with the thunder plains which is a tribute to the movie.
    I myself liked Alpha as well but not for the SF2 characters but for the Final Fight Characters since they were new and different but not too out there for me. Also they should of added that stage for SSF4.

Akuma challenging Ryu to surpass him and we learn why Ryu's quest seems endless. Sakura's ending was sad and nostalgic.
    It's more like Akuma telling Ryu to be like him and Ryu is finding a way not to become him and to become the best fighter and etc.

I am still sticking with SF4. Besides, I do not know if I like the idea of two ultras. Maybe, I prefer to remain simple.

I hate that spin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpHGBKi9lw4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2FPHxfqd0Q&NR=1

They are overdoing a bit too much maybe.

Sometimes it is better to remain simple.
    Ultra's a supposed to be over the top visual moves.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Now it makes perfect sense why the UDON comics just started having a focus on Makoto and Ibuki.

Both look cool, but I'd have liked Elena in here also ;__;
    I know know, dude, I would've loved Elena in the game myself =)
    Heck I even dabbled with Elena a lot in 3S and 2I, but what the hey, I'll enjoy Makoto just as much =D

Corckscrew Cross had better not be a counter ultra =_=;
    BTW the new build has been played; check back to the pervious page for my post with a podcast.

So who do you think will start the new character video? Ibuki or Dudley? Knowning Japan and their school girl love, it'll be Ibuki XD.
    Oh and if I hadn't said it yet; Dudley's JP VA should be Alex Louise Armstrong's VA.

Ibuki Ultras :

Ultra I: Yoroi Doushi
    Ultra II: Hashin Shou

Makoto Ultras :

Ultra I:Seichusen Godanzuki
    Ultra 2:Abare Tosanamikudaki

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1069752p1.html

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

I myself liked Alpha as well but not for the SF2 characters but for the Final Fight Characters since they were new and different but not too out there for me. Also they should of added that stage for SSF4.

It's more like Akuma telling Ryu to be like him and Ryu is finding a way not to become him and to become the best fighter and etc.

Ultra's a supposed to be over the top visual moves.
    I think ultras can be over the top by being spectacular.

I mean Gouken's shin shoryuken is impressive and over the top. You are like it is gonna hurt like hell. Now it sounds more rather ridicilous and comic with the spins.

SF4 ultras tended to be like that. Only Seth ultra was somehow stupid with the sceen. Cody tries to break the 4th wall as well.

Boy, I am hoping they will release an anime that tells how Akuma kills Gen and the final show down between Gouken and his brother. I am hoping Akuma wins.

Ryu is destined to fight him in SF5 ?

Boy, I am hoping they will release an anime that tells how Akuma kills Gen and the final show down between Gouken and his brother. I am hoping Akuma wins.

Ryu is destined to fight him in SF5 ?
    When does Akuma kills Gen? Also Ryu has always been fighting Akuma.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

When does Akuma kills Gen? Also Ryu has always been fighting Akuma.

Remember the SF4 trailer of Ryu vs Akuma.

Gen was seen lying down defeated telling Akuma and Gouken to kill each other.

I am hoping that Capcom will reprise the Ryu final manga final battle somehow.

Capcom has made a lot of reference to it in 3rd strike and Akuma's ultra raging demon is inspired buy the manga because he takes the exact pose as

Unfortunately, Capcom does not really care about the story and they are more on the fight.

Remember the SF4 trailer of Ryu vs Akuma.

Gen was seen lying down defeated telling Akuma and Gouken to kill each other.
    That was a flashback. As you can tell Gen is still alive in SF4 and plus they never finished.

I am hoping that Capcom will reprise the Ryu final manga final battle somehow.
    I doubt it since it's a different story of how Capcom tells it. Plus it's an adaptation of the game not Canon. The game has one story as the Manga/Anime stuff has a different way of telling it.
    [/quote]

Unfortunately, Capcom does not really care about the story and they are more on the fight.
    Yes this is a fighting game. It has to focus more on how it plays over how the story goes. As long as the story isnt bad it will do fine.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Yes this is a fighting game. It has to focus more on how it plays over how the story goes. As long as the story isnt bad it will do fine.
    That's why I am hoping that the next King of Fighters games really focuses on story. It seems to me that SF sells just fine without having a story but KoF suffers when it has none (I never even bought XII yet :X)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information