+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1441

Thread: Young Justice RETURSN OMG

Default Re: Young Justice RETURSN OMG

It is so weird to keep aqualad's voice actor but on a different character.

Saw it, no comments that shouldn't be in spoilers, liked it well enough, but I think that this isn't a bingeable show, the mood wipslash between chapters is strong.

Also, I'm remembering the end of the first season, when these heavy secrets were about to torn the kids and then they had the emotional strength and maturity to clear the air and then help eachother, and then figth some random mincontroled people or whatever.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So, I binged on season 1, and glad I did:

Season 3 spoilers:

Spoiler:

7 and 9 were like cleanup from season 1, the missing pieces of the puzzle being revealed, we didn't need to know how the starro that they used to mindcontrol the league got to the ocean, but it's nice to know. Likewise we didn't need ocean master's head on a ditch, but it was nice.

What was not nice was holding the "nuclear button" for like half an hour, and making Orm look like Lobo (if you squint and don't pause the video).

And speaking of tense, the Lobo battle was intense, like setting up that yeah, people can and will die, and we like drawing blood now, get used to it.

I'll have to get used to poor Halo being Wolverine'd so the animators can have their violence quota.

Are we getting Cyborg? Someone said something of up and comming Football Star Victor Stone. Are we getting the titans?

So the AR/VR googles are evil <insert surprised pikachu meme here>.

And the new light are: Ultra Humanity (for The Brain), Slade (for Ra'h al Gul) and Granny Goodness <plottwist!> (for Black Manta I'd guess), I'd wish they managed to rotate Klarion, too much of a heavy hitter and a chaos agent, having to find excuses to keep him out of combat or kill everyone, but this season has got to curb Vandal, who I can't read.

The scene where Vandal kills Olimpia, was Cassandra disgusted or accepting? She recited the mantra of conserving life because death is a waste, but Idunno.

Then there is the whole conspiratory "let's set up everything" episode 8, with the teams are working in paralel to take down yet another super soldier traficking ring. Is this the 4th ring or just the 4th operation? This season, can't remember from season 2.

Loving the creepy design of Shade, I only saw him in Justice League but the style works. Did chesshire release him out of the goodnes of her heart? Or honor among thieves?

I guess I'll binge season 2 next week.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

More
    Spoiler:
    Lobo action! Im exited now. Need to rebinge the first two seasons, got a feeling of lost in translation watching some of the episodes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the last 6 or so episodes of season 2 before season 3 started. Helped refresh my brain big time.

More solid season 3 eps.

Spoiler:
    I guess Chesire freed Shade. Looked like she gave him the control device, but we don't know what she got in return if anything. Shade's powers are much cooler here than on Justice League. Liked Mad Hatter, hope to see him again and I want more Team Bat Family. I still don't trust that Dr. lady. She's working for somebody. Oh! That's how The Light learned about the Outsiders. She's their spy. Poor, Black Lightning.

The Lobo fight was great. Lobo can rumble with Superman. Glad to see the show giving him respect as a top tier fighter. Savage is playing a dangerous game working with Darkseid. Makes me wonder if The Light will survive the season. Where's Static? And, I like Halo, Geoforce, and Forager but I want to see more young heroes like the Bat Family. Also, can we please not have Dad Arrow hook up with Tigeress. Dating your exes' sister is a big no-no. Man, do I love the dynamic between Superboy, Nightwing, and Tigeress. Too bad Miss Martian is playing background character this season. Put Mist on the team in Season 4, please.

Cool twist with the good guys working together. Ya got me, Batman, you sly devil.

NNID: jervinnectar

There's an Easter egg if you take all the episode title first word letter, it forms a sentence:

"Princes All," "Royal We," "Eminent Threat," "Private Security," "Away Mission," "Rescue Op," "Evolution," "Triptych," "Home Fires," "Exceptional Human Beings," "Another Freak," "Nightmare Monkeys," "True Heroes," "Influence," "Leverage," "Illusion of Control," "First Impression," "Early Warning," "Elder Wisdom," "Quiet Conversations," "Unknown Factors," "Antisocial Pathologies," "Terminus," "Into the Breach," "Overwhelmed" and "Nevermore."

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    There's an Easter egg if you take all the episode title first word letter, it forms a sentence:

"Princes All," "Royal We," "Eminent Threat," "Private Security," "Away Mission," "Rescue Op," "Evolution," "Triptych," "Home Fires," "Exceptional Human Beings," "Another Freak," "Nightmare Monkeys," "True Heroes," "Influence," "Leverage," "Illusion of Control," "First Impression," "Early Warning," "Elder Wisdom," "Quiet Conversations," "Unknown Factors," "Antisocial Pathologies," "Terminus," "Into the Breach," "Overwhelmed" and "Nevermore."

Spoiler:
    .....wow. And I mean that in the HOLY SHIT kind of way.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Spoiler:
    Greg Wisemen leading to Final Crisis?

Spoiler:
    Or, at least ending the season on a downer. I'm fine with an Empire Strikes Back/Infinity War season finale.

Also, good on The Light for stopping Ocean Master. You do not kill superheroes and their kids and expect anything short of the biggest ass kicking/death the universe has ever seen.

Spoiler:
    Well you don't when it's your nuclear option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Design for a character being hinted at in episode 8:

Spoiler:

Started with season 2, and from the get go:
    How long they keept black beetle hidden? So strange, just disguise him as a human instead of the shadow bullshit.
    Megan and Lagan being way too sappy.
    Batman is ok with mindrape? Well, he's ok with the breaking of every bone of a person so..
    Jaime's lingo is so weird, is it a Mexican-american thing? Ese is "that one" more comonly used for objects or despective, as its not him/her. And hearing random "hermano" when in latam is the other way around, brother, ehem "broder" or "bra"
    Also Roy, went from his 18 to his 23 as a crack hobo (CN probably forbade any alcohol or other substances specifically here) to his 25 y/o dream dad-bod. Such drastic changes.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:

Gonna wait until the episode to see that person's debut but...
    Spoiler:
    Makes sense since I think Cyborg's origin is tied to New God technology these days. Not related but I want to see more Superboy/Superfamily interaction. Does Supergirl exist? Has he ever met Ma and Pa Kent? Or, Lois and Jon Kent?

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Started with season 2, and from the get go:
    How long they keept black beetle hidden? So strange, just disguise him as a human instead of the shadow bullshit.
    Megan and Lagan being way too sappy.
    Batman is ok with mindrape? Well, he's ok with the breaking of every bone of a person so..
    Jaime's lingo is so weird, is it a Mexican-american thing? Ese is "that one" more comonly used for objects or despective, as its not him/her. And hearing random "hermano" when in latam is the other way around, brother, ehem "broder" or "bra"
    Also Roy, went from his 18 to his 23 as a crack hobo (CN probably forbade any alcohol or other substances specifically here) to his 25 y/o dream dad-bod. Such drastic changes.
    I think that's a TV thing. "Let's throw in random Spanish words because why not." The Japanese meta girl kept saying sorry in that Super Friends homage episode just because.

Discovered Stowaway

My friend had said they weren't planning on ever releasing this season on DVD which really bummed me out since I don't want to have to pay for WB's streaming just for this one show. Is there a way to get a free trial or something? If so I'll wait for the second half of season 3 before I try it.

Spoiler:
    Gah! had to pause one of the episodes to say I did not need to see that.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Spoiler:
    Gah! had to pause one of the episodes to say I did not need to see that.
    Spoiler:
    I assume with how bad Cyborg got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Spoiler:
    I assume with how bad Cyborg got it?
    Yup .

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:

The 12th was delicously dark. The 13th with the obvious mole and the not so obvious one (The scientist being suspicious with the hairbrush), was tense. That neither blew up until the end had me at the edge of my seat.

Now to june.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The writting on late season 2 is attrocious. It started good enough just to become "As you know..." recaps.

Completely forgot the whole warworld arc.

Impulse and Blue's frienship is kinda.. sudden. Impulse being so driven for him to survive over the posibility of triggering the bad future seems like it would require more development.

I think it was my reaction back then, but now is like "let's tell everyone that artemis is alive!!!" party, telling it to Sportsmaster was a terrible mistake that they are so lucky it didn't blow up in their faces.

And Nightwing not following the mantra of "you praise in public discipline in private" with arsenal.

They were heavily leaning on "Kid flash isn't as fast as Flash or Impulse" thing, on Impulse's reveal episode.

Another weird character design change,
    Spoiler:
    the terror twins must be on meth, they aged terribly in 2 years.
    Last edited by maxterdexter; January 25th, 2019 at 01:48 PM.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

June? Well, that's not too bad I guess. Another good block.

Spoiler:
    Every plot thread is advancing, good. I wanted more heroes and I got it. Team Batman was great (special shoutout to Metamorpho). The fights in all the episodes were great. Wow, I JUST realized Motherboxx is New Genesis and Fatherboxx is Apokolips. No wonder Evil Cyborg hated Halo. Halo's origin makes sense, thank you show. Although, I'm ready to move on from Geoforce, Halo, and Forager. But, Im glad Geoforce and Halo got together. Harper Row I know that name. *one google search later* Ah! Bluebird. See you in season 4.

That Beast Boy episode was the best out the chunk for me. I didn't think we'd see much of the character this season. So, he did join Doom Patrol and some point! That Teen Titans Go parody was messed up. Darker than the Cyborg episode. I hope Superboy and Miss Martian make it to the altar. I'm getting scared. I love their relationship. And screw you Cheshire for abandoning your kid. Yeah, you're an evil murdering thief but um, well, at least vid chat with her.

Terra's a traitor. Why the hell didn't I see that coming? Good job show. And, the Doctor's being super suspicious again. I love how midseason ends with the good guys winning. I'm almost positive we're getting that Empire Strikes Back season finale now.

Did I mention how much I love Superboy? Can't get enough of his character growth.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Changed my signature from a quote from episode 11. It hit me hard. Can’t wait for the new season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Here's something that actually shocked me today. Moreso because I'm an idiot who doesn't pay attention.

For any Walking Dead fans here.......King Ezekiel Is Aqualad/Black Lightning

My mind was woke today and is seriously OVERwhelmed. That is all.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information