+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 182

Thread: Might just be me..

  1. #161

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Onos View Post
    they can't even top Oars vs strawhats 15 episodes,naruto can only produce 1 or 2 episodes fight scene,coz of loss of budget/lack of budget

    naruto has the lamest/shittiest fights
    killerbee vs sasugay sucks big time and the art was awful,even jiraiya vs 3 headed dog is better than that,
    it's like(undone animation and have low fps)the only thing good is the(beam)

    naruto only have 10 good episodes with nice animation out of 300+episodes/whole naruto series,the rest have shitty animation and with shitty fillers

    that's why people always say naruto sucks
    (and there's also shit fillers,too much flashbacks 5 or 10 minutes per episode,staring contest and pointless conversation,just talking shit to each other or just standing there for 10 minutes and after that,another pointless 10 minutes conversation the entire episode,almost all episodes)etc.
    (yeah naruto is a shit anime even naruto manga fans said that)

    they can't even top luffy vs blueno
    and in one piece,even filler episodes or normal episodes have good animation and fight scenes&movements

    I don't know why a green monkey complaining,he even watched naruto,almost all episodes(standing & talking the entire episode and with 8 minutes flashbacks per ep)
    and naruto have(the best award for creating shittiest fillers of all time 200+ shit fillers out of 300+episodes)

    in one piece,they even have nice fight scenes in filler episodes/normal episodes
    naruto can only create 2 nice episodes with fight scene per 1 arc
    luffy vs largo(a filler)better animated than sasu vs bee
    Hate to break it to you...but the reason One Piece fights are so long is because after every minor skirmish there is 10 minutes of hard breathing and talking. Luffy vs blueno is not > Sasuke vs killer Bee. Actually look at the fight...how you can even compare it is beyond me. Especially since the fight wasn't even really a fight...it was just luffy smashing Blueno's face in.

    No one says Naruto sucks because of the fights. People say Naruto sucks because the story is horrible and the characters are annoying while simultaneously making no sense. I have never seen one single solitary person outside of you complain about Naruto due to the fights.

  2. #162
    IRL: Narcoleptic Senti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in the land of Make Believe

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by BugcatcherWilliam View Post
    Watch Dragon Ball Z:
    Frist Saga: Dead/Training
    Second Saga:In Space/In that Chainber thing
    Third Saga:Heart Attack/Training with Gohan
    Fourth Saga: Dead Again
    16 characters of this.

  3. #163
    BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    My Chunk of Italy

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Onos View Post
    that's why people always say naruto sucks
    no, it's not

    ever heard of bad plot and characterization?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.



  4. #164
    Discovered Stowaway Tahkyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSJKarma View Post
    Hate to break it to you...but the reason One Piece fights are so long is because after every minor skirmish there is 10 minutes of hard breathing and talking. Luffy vs blueno is not > Sasuke vs killer Bee. Actually look at the fight...how you can even compare it is beyond me. Especially since the fight wasn't even really a fight...it was just luffy smashing Blueno's face in.
    Quote Originally Posted by The YouTube Video Description
    This is the battle scene from episode 143. Once again this video is being cutted becuz of all the talking craps...
    Blows the argument clean out of the water. the video poster felt the need to take out all the boring talking bits.

  5. #165

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSJKarma View Post
    Hate to break it to you...but the reason One Piece fights are so long is because after every minor skirmish there is 10 minutes of hard breathing and talking. Luffy vs blueno is not > Sasuke vs killer Bee. Actually look at the fight...how you can even compare it is beyond me. Especially since the fight wasn't even really a fight...it was just luffy smashing Blueno's face in.

    No one says Naruto sucks because of the fights. People say Naruto sucks because the story is horrible and the characters are annoying while simultaneously making no sense. I have never seen one single solitary person outside of you complain about Naruto due to the fights.
    what OP ep that have 10 minutes hard breathing??

    hate to break it to you,but naruto have 90% crappy fight scenes

    luffy vs blueno is a fight

    people saying naruto sucks,coz shit fillers,shit animation &
    shit fight scenes,and almost everytime
    in the middle of the fight they stop and talk pointless conversation every time for 5/8/10 minutes,shit plot etc.
    even naruto manga fans said that,naruto anime make them puke

  6. #166

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Tahkyn View Post
    Blows the argument clean out of the water. the video poster felt the need to take out all the boring talking bits.
    ...Not really. There's talking in every single fight. The fight between Sasuke and Killer Bee took place in less than 2 episodes and there was probably as much fighting in it as any One Piece fight. He felt the need to take out the extra time because he was just posting the fight..like many other people do on youtube. You can't be this dumb can you?

    @Onos.

    sorry, but you're just lying now. Not worth my time.

  7. #167

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Yes it is annoying but Naruto basically has staring contests
    UTSF site *click*
    subbing one piece since july 08
    one piece 432 released! SD released!

  8. #168
    Mythically Inept Inventor dan2026's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Out of Naruto's 220 episodes, about 91 of them are filler, that's over 40% of pure filler.
    This is not even counting Shippuden which I hear is even worse.

    On the other hand, One Piece has 77 filler episodes out of 439, about 17%

    As for Dragon Ball Z, there is a reason its being redone as Dragon Ball Kai....

  9. #169
    Discovered Stowaway BatrozX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Narnia

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by dan2026 View Post
    Out of Naruto's 220 episodes, about 91 of them are filler, that's over 40% of pure filler.
    This is not even counting Shippuden which I hear is even worse.

    On the other hand, One Piece has 77 filler episodes out of 439, about 17%

    As for Dragon Ball Z, there is a reason its being redone as Dragon Ball Kai....
    I think this answers everything. Also...who wants to see random magic attacks that don't make any logical sense even in an imaginary world? Seriously...look at the killer bee battle...the dude digivolves into a giant octopus bull...and some other guy into a water monster...and there's no logical explanation on how is this possible on Naruto...unlike One Piece (devil fruits, which are a simple logical explanation).

  10. #170

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by BatrozX View Post
    Seriously...look at the killer bee battle...the dude digivolves into a giant octopus bull...and some other guy into a water monster...and there's no logical explanation on how is this possible on Naruto...
    lolwut?

    One holds a tailed beast and the other is made of water. What more exactly do you need?
    "And One Piece is a great title. We feel we needed to do the
    more authentic dub that's exactly like the Japanese version."

    - Gen Fukunaga, CEO and Founder of Funimation

  11. #171

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    There is a third way other than filler arcs or filler breathing, what HxH did, A bunch of ovas when there is enough material, and then.. Hiatsus. Better for the final product, worse for the "I want anime NOW" fans, better for the future of one piece.

  12. #172
    Discovered Stowaway Tahkyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSJKarma View Post
    ...Not really. There's talking in every single fight. The fight between Sasuke and Killer Bee took place in less than 2 episodes and there was probably as much fighting in it as any One Piece fight. He felt the need to take out the extra time because he was just posting the fight..like many other people do on youtube. You can't be this dumb can you?
    This is not a dumb observation. How can you fault One Piece for the talking, and the recovery time for combatants, when by your admission, it's in every single fight? This is why I don't fault anime for the talking in amongst the fighting. Some exposition is necessary, excessive fighting without a known purpose is just dumb.

    Recovery times (the hard breathing) are self explanatory. I don't want to see Luffy get pummeled by Rob Lucci, only to bounce back in 2 seconds like he was Wile E. Coyote. Recovery time adds realism to a battle. Again, every anime does this and it isn't like One Piece actually overdoes it like, say Dragonball Z.

  13. #173
    Discovered Stowaway BatrozX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Narnia

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    lolwut?

    One holds a tailed beast and the other is made of water. What more exactly do you need?
    So...one has a tail that magically turns him into a a giant monster and the other one is magically made out of water? WTF? That makes no sense...

  14. #174
    Mythically Inept Inventor dan2026's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Most One Piece fights take only one episode and usually involve very little downtime.
    Lets look at some of Zoro's for an example.

    Zoro vs. Cabaji (1 episode)
    Zoro vs. Mihawk (1 episode)
    Zoro vs. Hatchan (1 episode)
    Zoro vs. 100 Baroque Works agents (1 episode)
    Zoro vs. Mr. 1 (1 episode)
    Zoro vs. Braham (1 episode)
    Zoro vs. Ohm (1 episode)
    Zoro and Sanji vs. Hamburg, Pickles, and Big Pan (2 episodes)
    Zoro vs. T-Bone (1 minute)
    Zoro vs. Kaku (1 1/2 episodes)
    Zoro vs. Ryuuma (1 episode)

    Now lets take a fight from Naruto Shippuden as a counter example.
    Sasori vs Sakura and Chiyo (7 episodes)

    Imagine how much padding is in 7 episodes to draw out that fight.

  15. #175

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by BatrozX View Post
    So...one has a tail that magically turns him into a a giant monster and the other one is magically made out of water? WTF? That makes no sense...
    The first is the entire premise of Naruto. I would hardly say that's violating the show's own internal logic.

    The second is the result of a lab experiment, which makes no less sense than magical cursed fruit that turn people into soap and swords into elephants.


    Honestly, claiming that Naruto pulls stuff like this out of its ass on a One Piece board is more than a little hypocritical.
    "And One Piece is a great title. We feel we needed to do the
    more authentic dub that's exactly like the Japanese version."

    - Gen Fukunaga, CEO and Founder of Funimation

  16. #176
    Discovered Stowaway BatrozX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Narnia

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    The first is the entire premise of Naruto. I would hardly say that's violating the show's own internal logic.

    The second is the result of a lab experiment, which makes no less sense than magical cursed fruit that turn people into soap and swords into elephants.


    Honestly, claiming that Naruto pulls stuff like this out of its ass on a One Piece board is more than a little hypocritical.
    I do not think so...after watching many episodes of Naruto, Naruto tends to be more random in the sense of powers and stuff than One Piece. I've never seen One Piece "pull stuff out of its ass", unless it's just for comedic effect or filler. In Naruto I've seen many attacks, techniques and certain transformations which simply make no sense if you actually think about it instead of just letting it fly by. Perhaps what I'm trying to say is that the logic made in the world of One Piece is far more original and understandable than the one in Naruto, which is all magic random stuff. Also, we all expect for the objects with devil fruits to be explained in the future of the series.

  17. #177

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    From the very first episode we see that ninjas in the Naruto world are essentially wizards that know karate.

    On top of that, some of the wizards are mutants (see the Uchiha clans), others are possessed by demons (jinchuuriki), and others have been enhanced by a ninja wizard geneticist (see anybody Orochimaru ever worked on).

    What I'm trying to say is, on the basic premise of Naruto alone, suspension of disbelief is already pretty high. If you've already established a main character to be a teenage mutant ninja wizard, you lose a lot of room to call something unbelievable.

    And to be fair, they usually go into significant detail about how an ability works. Every time a new technique comes into play, they have a bit of exposition about how it works through the show's internal logic.



    I think you're also being a little too easy on One Piece. After all, nobody has ever said boo about Luffy, Sanji, or Zoro's monster strength beyond the idea that they just trained to be that strong. Zoro's 36 pound canon or Sanji's flaming foot both kind of came out of nowhere too. (Sanji's especially.) Nami's Clima-Tact also used to make at least some sense (kinda), but after they put in the dials it basically became a magic weather controlling rod. No more exposition about what was happening. Just point and shoot lightning. And we're just now getting into Haki, which you may as well call the "Because I say so" aura.
    "And One Piece is a great title. We feel we needed to do the
    more authentic dub that's exactly like the Japanese version."

    - Gen Fukunaga, CEO and Founder of Funimation

  18. #178

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    but the reason One Piece fights are so long is because after every minor skirmish there is 10 minutes of hard breathing and talking.
    Hahaha, are you serious? The fights in Naruto have way, WAY more dragging and talking going on. OP never had a travesty like, say, Sakura and Chiyo vs Sasori. You're only bringing up the same Sasuke vs Killer Bee to prove your point, that speak volumes.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSJKarma View Post
    it was just luffy smashing Blueno's face in.
    Maybe you missed the even fight previous to Luffy going Gear 2nd, amazingly animated by Naoki Tate..

    No one says Naruto sucks because of the fights. People say Naruto sucks because the story is horrible and the characters are annoying while simultaneously making no sense. I have never seen one single solitary person outside of you complain about Naruto due to the fights.
    Oh yeah, who doesn't love Sharingan fights and pseudo-strategy? You need to hear more people.
    Last edited by goty; February 17th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.

  19. #179

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    Might just be me, but I'm surprised this thread is still alive...


  20. #180

    Default Re: Might just be me..

    It might just be me but this thread will never die.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts