+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest thread : DQXI on PS4, 3DS & Switch

Default Dragon Quest thread : DQXI on PS4, 3DS & Switch

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2007/120607a.html

To celebrate, here's an EPIC boss battle from the JP ver.-
    Spoiler:
    [youtube]fS3yF6NIG0U&fmt=18[/youtube]
    For the record, the guy is battling the bonus dungeon boss who is said to be quite difficult to beat

Default Re: Dragon Quest V to be released in Q1 2009!

Hopefully Europe will get it first again like with DQIV.

Default Re: Dragon Quest V to be released in Q1 2009!

I'm looking forward to this one. It might be my favorite game in the series.

Now, Square-Enix, just give me a CTDS-style remake of Seiken Densetsu III and then I'll be your bitch forever. For reals, this time.

Exclamation Dragon Quest X Headed To Wii!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=65755
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=344939&page=7

So a Dragon Quest Event was held and...Dragon Quest X will be headed to Wii!

I know some people (Greg) won't be very happy with this news (because it could have been an amazing PS3 game), but this is awesome for Wii fans.

Monster Hunter 3 + DQ X = WIN
    Last edited by RuNa; December 10th, 2008 at 12:46 AM.

Default Re: Dragon Quest X Headed To Wii!

*Wants it for PS Triple, or event the NDS*

^
    Well...IX is on DS.

Holy mother of god.

Althogh this isn't too surprising, but still

@RuNa- I know, but I'm a DQ nut and enjoy playing some games on a controller that doesn't involve a lot of arm movement (Wii Sports is awesome though)

^
    Doubt they'll even incorporate motion controls (bad reception with Swords and fanbase would complain).

Wii is the best selling console, that's why it's on Wii.

I know, which is why i'm holding out on GC and/or Classic Controller use.

Hm... guess the Wii's officially won it. :p

I wonder if they'll add some connectivity whatnots with DQ9...

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by japanese spoilermonkey
    俺が突然、ズボンの中で出ちゃった
    XD
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

^
    Gross, lol.

Well, at least we only have 3 months till IX. Might get some new info at E3 or TGS next year on this.

I know some people (Greg) won't be very happy with this news (because it could have been an amazing PS3 game), but this is awesome for Wii fans.
    Why would I be unhappy? This is fucking FANTASTIC news!!!! I'm psyched!!!!

^
    W e l l....when IX was announced for DS I remembering you being very pissed off for it not being on PS3.

Because really, as it is, it's most likely going to look like DQ VIII.

Other than that (and probably no online or DLC), it's all good. I actually think their might be some sort of connectivity to DQIX because of leaked info showing IX for Wii PRIOR to this news coming out (which IX is not on Wii..but X will be).

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

I just heard this news as well. And since I might be getting a Wii this Christmas, count me in on this one. Here's hoping that Level 5 is involved again, because I really loved the cel-shading in Dragon Quest VIII.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

This is very cool news. Now they would make my year (...probably not until 2010) if they announced some DQ IX connectivity.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

In the end, doesn't really matter what console its on, an announcement of DQX in of itself it awesome news. Though its always good to see the Wii is getting a little more rounded out in terms of high-budget titles.

W e l l....when IX was announced for DS I remembering you being very pissed off for it not being on PS3.
    Nay, nothing to do with PS3, just that they didn't put it on a powerful console, ie. I despise that they downgraded the game. I think the potential for a DQ main game on Wii is near-unlimited.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Its kind of ironic that a series that started out on the NES/Famicom has come full circle back to Nintendo consoles. I'll have to chuckle if DQXI gets announced for the Wii/whatever the new Nintendo console is when the time comes. (and I'd really laugh if VIII got ported to the Wii)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nay, nothing to do with PS3, just that they didn't put it on a powerful console, ie. I despise that they downgraded the game. I think the potential for a DQ main game on Wii is near-unlimited.
    How can you say they downgraded it by putting it on the NDS? What if they put it on the NDS to show off a game at the NDS' fullest capabilities?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information