+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (Literature)

Default Re: What are you reading? (Literature)

Going to start reading The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Just finished both On Writing and Carrie by Stephen King today, something that I find rather amusing.
    Unintentionally keeping everyone at a distance.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

A Clash of Kings, Book two of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.

I just finished Wuthering Heights. I enjoyed it quite a bit and the ending is nice and creepy.

I'm reading 1984 by George Orwell. Up to part 3 and damn,this book is Doubleplusgood!
    Last edited by Baou Zakurga; February 18th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Finished Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky last weekend, started reading The idiot shortly after. I really like this guys writing, can't wait to read The Brothers Karamazov.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

I'm reading The Hunger Games right now. The writing in its really great and I like the pacing of the story.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Ever since I got a Kindle, I've been taking advantage of the free classics. Just a few weeks ago, I finished reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Now, I'm working on Don Quixote. I never had much of an opinion on classic literature, but I'm really starting to change my mind.

Is Voting for Young People by Marin P. Wattenberg. I have to read it and write a five page paper on it for my political science class. Im on the last chapter now. Ive actually really enjoyed the book and would really recommend it.

read.

Reading Kurtīs Vunnegut Look at the birdie.
    Leaving the forums. If you want to stay in touch with me...uh, i guess ask me my skype in PM? I will leave in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka View Post
    Ever since I got a Kindle, I've been taking advantage of the free classics. Just a few weeks ago, I finished reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Now, I'm working on Don Quixote. I never had much of an opinion on classic literature, but I'm really starting to change my mind.
    I've been meaning to get into the Sherlock Holmes stories recently. A question though, how's it like reading it, in terms of pace and entertainment? Not that it'll change whether or not I choose to read it, but just curious.

Currently still working my way through Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Almost done with Fantine, and it's quite interesting seeing Jean ValJean develop.

Just started "The Farthest Shore" by Ursula K. Le Guin, just finished "The Shelters of Stone" by Jean M. Auel.
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFalcon View Post
    Just started "The Farthest Shore" by Ursula K. Le Guin, just finished "The Shelters of Stone" by Jean M. Auel.
    I read that, too. To me, the Earth's Children series started to decline with Plains of Passage. I appreciate getting immersed into a book through the scenery, but Auel went a little overboard. Plus, she recaps the plot of the previous books a little too much. I can understand why, since there was such a big gap between the books' releases. But, I read them one after another, and it got really annoying.

Just started reading "The Lorien Legacies" curious what will happen next after watching "I am number four".

Here are the books/ series That i like:
    - Hunger Games Trilogy (a year ago)
    - Divergent (waiting for Insurgent to be out on May)
    - I am Number Four
    - Fault In Our Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka View Post
    I read that, too. To me, the Earth's Children series started to decline with Plains of Passage. I appreciate getting immersed into a book through the scenery, but Auel went a little overboard. Plus, she recaps the plot of the previous books a little too much. I can understand why, since there was such a big gap between the books' releases. But, I read them one after another, and it got really annoying.
    basically I agree, 3 first books were much better, especially "The Clan of the Cave Bear", but it took me about 3 months to finish the Plains, that book sure got some unnecessary scenes - it could be good 200 pages shorter, Shelters aren't that bad though, only too much of the recaps. I still have last book to go.
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

The Whale of Woe Rogues' Gallery's Avatar

About to start Michael Crichton's signature novel, Jurassic Park. I remember renting it in a library some 4 years ago and reading it then, but it's always nice to refresh my memory after so long.

Novel I'm working on: The Flying Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts Completed: Plot Summary
    Next Concept to Complete: Character Biographies

Atonement by Ian McEwan.

Not pretty far into it yet but I saw the movie...

Want to read the girl with the dragon tattoo afterwards.

Visit me on Facebook: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Reading Spellwright by Blake Charlton, amazing fantasy books where words are literally the Magic, where sentences have magical capabilities and the protagonist is Dyslexic meaning he cant do magic without fucking things up. Unique magic system

Kokoro By Natsume Souseki.
    Leaving the forums. If you want to stay in touch with me...uh, i guess ask me my skype in PM? I will leave in a few days.

just finished "Liar (in original: Kłamca) 4, Kill 'em all" by Jakub Ćwiek - good stuff, angelic fantasy, violence, sex, gore, Apocalypse, elves, pop-cultural references, teddy bear - motive with teddy bear was kinda sad actually (my own teddy bear, coincidentally named Loki, surely feels sad about it too), especially since the teddy is with us from the vol. 1.
    Spoiler:
    - MegaMind

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

Star By Star, just as gory as I remember it being ten years ago.

Also, A Tale of Sand, a graphic novel of an old, reject screenplay written by Jim Henson. It's quite surreal, and the imagery's interesting, but I can see why no one wanted to turn it into a movie.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information