+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gorousei Summit - Episodes, Info, and Discussion

Default The Gorousei Summit - Episodes, Info, and Discussion

Episode 2: The Last Days In Paradise Just Released

As the headline mentions, The Gorousei Summit's second episode, The Last Days In Paradise, has just been released.

Feel free to check the episode out at our site, which has it available for download and stream. In this episode we did a double chapter review/discussion of chapters 594 and 595. Those discussing in this summit episode are myself, Don Quichotte De Flamingo, PirateBeck, and Redspear.

More as it comes.

----------------------------------------------------

The Gorousei Summit

Hello AP, howz it goin'?

Many may recognize me....many don't....and many can care less....despite all that I am Sage and I have been a One Piece fanatic for years. I have had the idea for The Gorousei Summit for quite some time now and I am ready to start launching this thing off the ground.

What is The Gorousei Summit?

The G-Summit is going to be a weekly voice and/or video discussion of the latest One Piece Manga and Anime releases....further expanding to Naruto, Bleach, Hunter x Hunter and more as the show continues to grow.

Wait...isn't this what One Piece Podcast is doing?

Yes...and no. This show is going to be based on Manga and Anime reviews/predictions/opinions.... we will leave all the extra stuff to OPP. Aside from that, this show is going to be more community based as I want to have the community actively participate in the show. Listeners will have more freedom to speak and voice there own opinions with us. I feel there needs to be a variety for this type of thing and that's exactly what I am doing.

So your saying that just anyone can participate in the show?

Kinda. There will be, of course, a screening process for those who are interested. We aren't going to let just any kid come up on the show and flame/bash and spread there stench of FAIL...I ain't having that. This process will enforce the no flaming rule that we are going to staunchly establish on the show.

Tell me more.

Like mentioned earlier, this is going to be a weekly show following the release of the manga chapters. I also want to establish a spoiler show down the line...but that's.....down the line..... This show would further allow the One Piece (as well as other Manga/Anime Communities) to come together and talk about what they love. Many would think that all it would end up to be is kids arguing and cursing at each other about why x series is better than x series...no....im a grown ass man and ill be damned to allow such immaturity to stain my vision.

I will warn that listener discretion will be advised.

This isn't going to be a candy and rainbow show. I am only interested in real people for a real discussion.

The development of the show is well underway and a pilot episode will be started very very soon.

So...Mr. Grown Ass Man....are you the only staff member?

Heh...no. Currently these are the members who are interested in participating/becoming perma staff on the show:

Zik
    Wintergt
    Don Quichotte De Flamingo
    PirateBeck
    Jackskellinghog
    Redspear

If anyone is interested in participating or would like to interview for a staff position please feel free to PM me or contact me on Skype: Sagemaster2000

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Feel free to post here and ill get to them as soon as possible.

Thanks for taking the time and checking us out and I hope to hear from some of you in the future.

Episodes are releasing, be sure to check them out.

-Sage
    Last edited by Sage; August 10th, 2010 at 06:52 AM.

Default Re: The Gorousei Summit - Coming Soon

Sounds interesting, as well as the main speakers or the staff it would be a good idea to guest speakers on the show maybe from the forum or all over the place, maybe some kind off call in segment if you use Skype to record it that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Frieza View Post
    Sounds interesting, as well as the main speakers or the staff it would be a good idea to guest speakers on the show maybe from the forum or all over the place, maybe some kind off call in segment if you use Skype to record it that is.
    Absolutely.

Skype will be the medium used for our conversations. Our community interaction is not limited to APforums, but this is where I want to start since I have been a member of this community for years and I have Love for ya.

Some info about the screening...like Sage said, we are going to be very careful with who gets on the show. You'll also need basic expression skills (no one wants to listen to some boring guy who speaks in a monotone), a good-quality microphone and Skype (which is free!) But don't worry about all that for now =D

Anyways, can't wait to get started on this!
    Last edited by OnePieceUnleashed; March 21st, 2010 at 03:01 PM.
    One Piece Unleashed- Production Manager; Voice Actor for Monkey D. Luffy

sounds interesting after all..
    i don`t have a mike so that would be a prob..but sure no prob who can`t be solved...
    how do you guys chose who is fitting and who is not..kind of a test-speaking or what?

well, i would say iam interested so far...so take me on the list.^^
    i hope you give soon some more infos when the project getting started and when you decide who can participate.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    sounds interesting after all..
    i don`t have a mike so that would be a prob..but sure no prob who can`t be solved...
    how do you guys chose who is fitting and who is not..kind of a test-speaking or what?

well, i would say iam interested so far...so take me on the list.^^
    i hope you give soon some more infos when the project getting started and when you decide who can participate.
    Microphones are cheap these days. Your Mic doesn't have to be a professional one, hell I am using a Rockband Mic! As long as you can be heard clearly there shouldn't be a problem.

In terms of the screening, we would get in contact with you before the show and get you in a skype call and just shoot the shit with you. If we like what we hear then you can participate. What we are looking for are people who are respectful and mature and down to earth. If you want to become a staff member then there will be an interview process. I will explain that in full to those who are interested in a staff position.

i`ll wait for further instructions and try to get a mike into my hands
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    i`ll wait for further instructions and try to get a mike into my hands
    Once you get your hands on a mic, hit me up and we will go from there.

I'm also interested. I have the same problem as DoFla though, no mic. But as you say that's fixable, if need be I could probably get a good quality mic by tomorrow night.

I've never used Skype before though, but it seems simple enough to figure out, and I'm a fast learner.

I don't know if I could do every show, though as I have a pretty busy schedule between work and school, but I'm sure I could do 90% of the shows.

EDIT: Hey my laptop has a mic in it!!! I need to test it when I get home
    Last edited by Akumu; March 21st, 2010 at 06:40 PM.

Good luck, but OPU weren't you the one just complaining about having to listen to guys to talk for a hour when were discussing the mike interview and the one piece podcast in the dvd forum?
    I made this terrible username almost 6 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    Good luck, but OPU weren't you the one just complaining about having to listen to guys to talk for a hour when were discussing the mike interview and the one piece podcast in the dvd forum?
    Yeah, I think I said that when I was in a bad mood or wanted the info or something, and Luffy #1 fan I'm also the one who's writing Shunketsu/Team Kamikaze.

About that though, you should know that I'm really busy and don't have a lot of time to spare, and people wanted to know the info so I repeated what the others said to convince someone to get the info posted. In no way do I have anything against One Piece Podcast considering I was a guest on it for 3 episodes and Zach, Steve, Firecrouch etc. are really cool guys, but it is true that I find their really long episodes and stuff like the Vidcast to be boring. That's why I joined Gorousei Summit- it's an alternative that'll be run differently since it'll be more interactive and also shorter.
    One Piece Unleashed- Production Manager; Voice Actor for Monkey D. Luffy

Aw cool.

Too bad I'm shy when it comes to talking through skype. And all I really pay attention to is One Piece, Monster, and Haruhi. And two of those have already basically ended so there isn't much predicting to be done. :U

Good luck in your endeavors~
    ~ ASCE ~
    ace squid crew extraordinaire

~sephirona.deviantart.com.

Quote Originally Posted by sephirona View Post
    Aw cool.

Too bad I'm shy when it comes to talking through skype. And all I really pay attention to is One Piece, Monster, and Haruhi. And two of those have already basically ended so there isn't much predicting to be done. :U

Good luck in your endeavors~
    Thanks for the praise.

The Gorousei Summit is going to focus on current ongoing series. Series that have met there end will most likely not be discussed until further down the line when I plan on expanding the show but that is all tentative at the moment.

This soudns really interesting, i would wanna participate as guest sometime xD? if thats even possible:P. I al least think i dont have a boring monotone voice:P. Check out my youtube reviews xD.
    My sale page Click My Figure Collection Click

Quote Originally Posted by OneManCollectiblez View Post
    This soudns really interesting, i would wanna participate as guest sometime xD? if thats even possible:P. I al least think i dont have a boring monotone voice:P. Check out my youtube reviews xD.
    Thank you for your interest.

If you are serious about participating, please make sure you download and create a Skype account and PM me your username. We will take it from there.

Hey Sage, sorry about yesterday. I got done with the paper around 12:00 my time and went home to crash before I had to get up at 5. I tested the mic this morning when I printed off my paper, and it sounds really good.
    Let me know when you want to do the screening. I'm good to go whenever
    Last edited by Akumu; March 22nd, 2010 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki_D_Kenichi View Post
    Hey Sage, sorry about yesterday. I got done with the paper around 12:00 my time and went home to crash before I had to get up at 5. I tested the mic this morning when I printed off my paper, and it sounds really good.
    Let me know when you want to do the screening. I'm good to go whenever

It's all good bro, school comes first my friend.

Ill see if we can set something up for tonight

Eh, sounds interesting. Kinda like a more open voice forum, then a podcast, so it's not a rip off. Haha count me in if you guys are letting anyone in.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Well do you really think Trojan Condoms needs 12 year-olds that are up really late to see their commercials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yes, in fact I do. These brats today don't wait anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmartin101 View Post
    Eh, sounds interesting. Kinda like a more open voice forum, then a podcast, so it's not a rip off. Haha count me in if you guys are letting anyone in.
    Well put my friend. This show is not meant to be a rip-off or meant to compete with anyone/anything else.

We are always looking for participants.

I would also like to remind everyone that there are still staff positions open for the show as well.

PM me or contact me on Skype (Sagemaster2000) for more information!

sounds intresting ill be looking forward to it
    i like brook he gives me a bone-er haha skull joke

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information