+ Reply to Thread
Page 246 of 248 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 4951

Thread: Pokémon Black and White

Eternal AP Librarian Captain Ugly's Avatar

Default Re: Pokémon Black and White

BTW, I need a Elekid (Lvl 1 would be awesome), if someone whants to trade, PM me.

Favorite Touhou characters: 1°) Shikieiki Yamaxanadu 2°) Yuugi Hoshiguma 3°) Utsuho Reiuji
    http://tohosort.comoj.com/

Does anyone know any good breeding chains? The length of the chain does not matter. Any help will be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Does anyone know any good breeding chains? The length of the chain does not matter. Any help will be appreciated
    Breeding chains? I breed for what I need if I need to chain to get what I need I do it lol, I don't think there are really any breeding chains but maybe I'm misinformed.

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    I've never heard of that.

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

Unless it's one of those confusing move breeding chains, like getting Ice Punch on Sneasle

How about Metal Burst in a Sableye ? Good/Bad ?

Favorite Touhou characters: 1°) Shikieiki Yamaxanadu 2°) Yuugi Hoshiguma 3°) Utsuho Reiuji

Quote Originally Posted by captain Ugly View Post
    How about Metal Burst in a Sableye ? Good/Bad ?
    Not good in the slightest. I'm running a Sableye with Prankster and Substitute, Recover, Will-o-wisp, and Foul Play.

Ok, just finished collecting all the gen I and II pokemon. Now I'm starting hoenn, which will probably be the hardest for me. WHile I still haven't gotten around to checking each evolutionary line I need, I do know I need Torchic and Groudon, so if anyone would be willing to trade one of those, pm me and we can work something out

Update on my pokedex situation: I've run into something of a wall with Hoenn pokemon, so I'll be preparing a list of the evolution lines (meaning any evolved form of said pokemon will work) I still need
    Zigzagoon
    Trapinch (another low priority)
    I have a ton of pokemon so if you have any requests in return just tell me
    Again, contact by pm is probably best
    Last edited by Aaronrules380; January 21st, 2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: obtained many of them

Here is my Gallade moveset:

Sword Dance
    Double Team
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut

Should I change something ?

If you're using it to battle double team is illegal, I would put Drain Punch in there instead. I would also consider Shadow Sneak over Night Slash for the priority also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    If you're using it to battle double team is illegal, I would put Drain Punch in there instead. I would also consider Shadow Sneak over Night Slash for the priority also.
    This is why tournament rules are retarded.

It's not even remotely a broken move, (since it takes 3 or 4 shots before the evasion becomes at all decent) and theres a ton of counters for it. "Oh no, heaven's forbid if you use a strategy that doesn't involve hitting the opponent really hard that relies on chance! Chance and risk is a terrible thing to have in a game!"

I can almost understand banning the auto-rain ability because it boosts so many things in so many different ways as a passive ability, but... if rain teams are popular... there's counters for that too and things that aren't being used can be brought into regular play as counters.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

Well I know they ban something if it over-centralizes the competitive game, but sometimes I don't get why some things are banned. I doubt that many people would use evasion moves anyway if they were legal, but I doubt that'll ever change.

3rd Degree Black Beard RomanceDawn's Avatar

I hate the ban of double team for competitive battling. During the days of Gold and Silver I had at least one attack on my team that couldn't miss as well as Haze to get rid of the boosts.
    Nintendo players and One Piece readers... Just better people.

NNID: RomanceDawn

Pokemon Y: WUSHU 0044 2811 9045

I hate Double Team with a passion (chalk it up to having horrible luck with those kinds of moves), so my just now learning that it's banned in tournaments actually makes me very giddy and perhaps a tiny bit aroused.

...Not like I battle competitively anyway.
    Last edited by Kaboom; January 22nd, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
    [ Twitter | deviantART | FanFic: DragonBall GT: Revised | My YouTube ]
    3DS FC: 1504 - 5800 - 6358
    NNID: KaboomKrusader

It would be significant if evasion/agility was an actual stat on the critter where you could have actual numbers and know what you were increasing it by... but instead its entirely up to the accuracy of the move. So even after wasting two rounds of not attacking you've still only lowered accuracy by 20%. I can understand if you sit there and let something use double team the maximum of seven times and just keep missing while it sets up... thats pure bad luck. (I understand people have that problem with wild emolgas?) But if you can't beat something that fast, you're doing it wrong anyway.

I mean, its such a useless move that basically everything in the game can learn it through TM, even SHUCKLE! That's how common and easily beatable and NOT broken it is. I think the Unnown and Wobbufett are the only things that can't.

(Minimize is a much much better move, but its rarer. And also banned.)

Same reason no one EVER uses sand attack. Its basically useless without many many rounds behind it, or maybe an ability boosting it.

Smogon's excuse.

Double Team is a banned move from the competitive scene. It breaks the Evasion Clause that is generically applied to all Smogon battles. It was considered unhealthy for a skill-based metagame, since it rewards luck instead of skill, while taking the battle from both players' control and making the game (even more) luck based. It often created situations where the crucial miss changed the outcome of a match. For these reasons it is never seen in this competitive environment.
    Again, given that you have to use a round or two to set it up first... there's skill involved there. And really, if it was a regular feature instead of a banned thing, every team would have at least one sure-hit move to deal with it... and then it would stop getting used. Its such a stupid complaint.

And yet they don't frown upon Absol's Super Luck which gets criticals up to 50% of the time when he has a scope item attached... because they ban the scope item. What the hell.
    Last edited by Rob Goku; January 22nd, 2012 at 10:20 PM.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

I even remember when people would even ask for a "freeze clause", something that can't even be controlled.

This is why I love random wifi. There's rage quiters, sure... but no one cares for those dumb rules anyways. I played agianst many teams that attempted to abuse Double Team and failed. That's because I abuse the hell out of Confusion... which is basivally acts like a temp evasion boost(it's either they hit you or miss=hits self) with free damage.

That and I really feel like these rules are only made to satisfy those that just relies on sweeping without any hinderance or distraction. That... is not very interesting at all(or skillful)
    Last edited by Hiroy; January 23rd, 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Behold, the best battle narrator:

This is probably my favorite narrator, along with one of the best matches recorded out there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information