+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: How to train your dragon

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Default Re: How to train your dragon

Early reviews are coming in with positive praise due to the movie’s early release in Australia.

That said, going to join the “avoid the internet” crowd to not get whiff of spoilers. This is gonna be tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Australia is getting it almost a full two months early? That's crazy.

And bad for the internet.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Two months? It's releasing this month in Brazil.

Hidden:

It doesn't hit the states till February 22. It's releasing almost everywhere else way earlier.

WTF.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2386490/releaseinfo
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Early reviews are coming in with positive praise due to the movie’s early release in Australia.

That said, going to join the “avoid the internet” crowd to not get whiff of spoilers. This is gonna be tough.
    As someone who's often been spoiled by cartoon-content sites over the last few years, I appreciate this. Here's hoping we can all make it until February.

Oh, and I need to watch the first two movies. At this point, I really don't know why I have't gotten around to it.

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

Wow, Norway actually got this a month and a half before America? That's weird. That's very, very weird.

Anyway, saw the movie. The villain was super blah and the climax felt extremely similar to the last one's, but on the whole it was pretty damn excellent.

Not only did we (Norway) get it a month and a half before ya’ll, its dubbed even. Animated films usually come out much later because of that.

Something fishy is going on in the state of Dreamworks . . . .

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

The bright side is that if it did come out in the states right now, Into The Spider-Verse would have even more competition so it has some more leeway to get better financial success. If at least has some leeway until the Leg Movie 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    and I need to watch the first two movies. At this point, I really don't know why I have't gotten around to it.

gaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

[inhales]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Huh, officially got tickets to see it February 2nd in an early showing.

woooooOOOOOOOO

two more weeks of internet silence

Watched it yesterday.

Spoiler:
    It was above avarage at best. While it did gave it a proper finale, it felt like they really rushed the ending at the last third. The two previous movies ended with a giant dragon and this felt very underwhelming in comparassion.

But I'll give credit when this movie made the other riders more like actual characters then they were in the previous movers. Snotlout having a crush on Valka and the Twin Brother suddenly becoming Hiccup's "Best Man" were highlights. And unpopular opinion but I did liked Grimmel, at least more than Malvo. Maybe it's because he is voiced by Brazilian James Woods down here.

Overall, it felt this movie only existed to put an end of the trilogy. But it does a good job at that.

Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information