+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Default Re: Batman 3

Funny that this dead thing needed confirmation with this entire funeral thing going on at the end. I mean what did you people expect? Him being alive and hidden away from the public eye? Wouldn't everybody who would have taken part in this have seen through Gordon's lie about Batman in the end?

Either way, I'm all for the "realistic" villains for this series. I love the continuity Nolan has created and would love if it keeps that way. A Riddler in this fictional universe's style would definitely be a thing I'd like to see.

Indeed, a riddler would be so awesome.

But clayface could be done. An Actor without fingerprints nor face could blend in kinda good? In a latex mask and acting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk
    "This tea's slightly more bitter than usual. EXECUTION FOLLOWED BY THE EXECUTION OF EVERYONE DEAR TO YOU."
    Holy H. P. Lovecraft spinning through the 13 abyssal planes on a propane grill!

I want to see Jim Carrey as the riddler.

Modern actual actor Jim Carrey, not 1995 total jackass Jim Carrey.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

I found something just now on the internet that MUST come true.

The Riddler should be Stephen Colbert.

Hidden:

I think this is him.Hard to tell without the glasses.

EDIT: Nope. Nevermind, wasn't him.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I don't think that's him. But I think he could do a good Riddler.

I am alone on that but The Dark Knight is my favorite movie of all time. I hope Batman 3 can top that or atleast be on the same level of awesomeness. I think it would been perfect if they ended the trilogy with The Dark Knight...too late for that now. I bet 10€ that the Riddler will be the main villian for the third movie. Oh....and please God no Robin!
    Why not? Nothing to lose but my life... and I got that for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I think it would been perfect if they ended the trilogy with The Dark Knight...
    ...but then it wouldn't be a trilogy.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I second this. Bowler-Hat Riddler or Bust.
    /thread

16chars of Fuck Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    In my dreams, Mark Hamill and Jack Nicholson made cameo appearances in Dark Knight.
    Two of the three best jokers ever done. We all know who the third is.

I don't mind Bale's Batman voice, because it's fun to make fun of....

I'm honestly still a little surprised that they did this movie, because beating TDK doesn't seem possible. To do so, however, Nolan is going to have to pull something the audience will never expect, and they'll either love it or hate it.

I just hope that Robin will not be introduced in this movie.

As for villains: I'd like to see them introduce Anarky, Calendar Man, Deadsot, Hugo Strange, Hush, The Ventriloquist.

I was thinking about adding Holiday, but based on the events of the first two movies......yeah, ain't gonna happen.

As you can tell from my list, I'd like to see the lesser known enemies of Batman, especially Hush or Hugo Strange, because the former was childhood friends with Wayne, and the latter because he knows Wayne is Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
    Two of the three best jokers ever done. We all know who the third is.
    Yep. Cesar Romero. He was great.

I'm going to say that the movie will be Catwoman and Riddler. Catwoman can mess with Batman romantically as Selina plays with Bruce and Catwoman plays with Batman, while Riddler can mentally challenge Batman incredibly well.

I'm with Robby about Jim Carrey doing Riddler again. I loved his campy Riddler performance in a joke-style Batman, I'd love to see him reprise Riddler in a serious sense. He has the talent to pull it off in spades.

I wouldn't worry about Robin, Nolan has said on numerous occasions that he never wants to include Robin.

He might throw us a bone showing us a young Dick Grayson or something, but the Boy Wonder himself will never have a part. And that's fine.

I've been saying this since the movie came out and it always gets me in trouble. But Dark Knight is easily toppable, people just have a hard time imagining it since the style and direction of the movie is so different from what they expected from a Batman film. For my money, Mask of Phantasm is still the best Batman film and hits every note perfectly.

Dark Knight had tons of plot holes, gaps in logic, a love interest that I felt absolutely no chemistry with against either of the lead hero characters, an overlong third act with a dragged out boat scene, a super compressed finale on the part of two face, hard to follow action sequences, (especially the entire cellphone sonar sequence) and a villain that relied on having read the script to know where to place his next trap. And for a Batman movie, there was very little Batman.

It was a good crime/mob movie.

And it was a great Joker movie.

But it wasn't a terribly good Batman movie.
    Last edited by Robby; May 5th, 2010 at 05:36 PM.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

While we're on the topic.

[youtube]vbgLapRAloQ[/youtube]

Well, maybe now that Nolan has established Batman's position as a heroic pariah (is that you, X-Men?), we'll get some good soul-searching and more Batman fun next time.

Cause there's no villain who can outdo the Joker, Heath Ledger or otherwise. Whomever they choose for 3, Batman should be able to shine more.

And while we're at it:
    [YOUTUBE]kO27JYD9Pj0[/YOUTUBE]

I'd be down for a Knightfall-themed Batman movie. I think that could be pulled off with aplomb.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

Personally I thought Begins was better than Dark Knight. Dark Knight was an ok film overhyped to death.

As for the third. If they do have the riddler then it should totally be Sean Lock.

And if nobody gets that reference you're all terrible terrible people.

Laughing even more now Strohhut-Ruffy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I'd really like to see Mad Hatter.
    Yup. That. Imagine Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter!

Visit my blog http://strawpinion.blogspot.com to read about opinions on
    everything that makes me laugh and dream.
    (Mostly German)

Quote Originally Posted by Akumu View Post

I don't mind Bale's Batman voice, because it's fun to make fun of....

lol that is really true. especially the line "You don't want to hurt the boy, Harvey"

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Funny that this dead thing needed confirmation with this entire funeral thing going on at the end. I mean what did you people expect? Him being alive and hidden away from the public eye? Wouldn't everybody who would have taken part in this have seen through Gordon's lie about Batman in the end?
    I don't recall seeing a casket at the "funeral", which was another reason that made me believe he'd still be alive.

And ya, I actually did think that they'd keep him alive and away from the public eye, but still be the one pulling the strings behind some crimes, just like he did in Dark Victory.

IN A TREE DOWN THE STREET FRIGHTING SMALL KIDS!!!

Riddler would be epic to have. Having him in the movie would push Batman to ACTUALLY be a detective lol. Plus it would set up some saw like theme stuff that would be very dark and cruel to watch. But as long as they dont make it so the riddles answers seem to be pulled out of his ass or easy as hell to figure out they should be fine. (and oh yes david should be him)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information