+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 81 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    I'm seriously like the only person who just doesn't get the hype. Sure it looks like a good film... but man, people are blowing up! I just don't see it.
    It's only natural that people would get this excited when your previous film was the Dark Knight.
    Unfortunately that hypes gonna turn into a whole lot of criticism upon release.

Yeah, I'm not exactly feeling the hype of this movie. Most of my complaints have been stated here: The Dark Knight felt more like a police drama than a Batman movie. It's not that TDK was bad by any means, however I think it's highly overrated aside from Ledger's acting. TDKR looks amazing too and Hathaway seems like a good fit for her role, however I'm just not excited for it at all.

Mostly because the Avengers is coming out in a couple of days so most of my hype is focused on that. Even past that I'm excited for the Amazing Spider-Man, as there is much more at stake for it. It's a fresh slate, and everything seems to be leading toward it being a great movie. It's hard to compare the hype for the final piece of a trilogy of great movies that have their own take on existing characters to new takes on characters with things that the previous movies may not have contained.

That being said don't think I'm not excited for TDKR, just I didn't freak out when the second trailer came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Well do you really think Trojan Condoms needs 12 year-olds that are up really late to see their commercials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yes, in fact I do. These brats today don't wait anymore.

Despite being critical about the ideas of TDK(not the filmaking), I thought this trailer was very good for not exploding every seconds and not spoiling the plot. This music is insanely good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I feel the same way. I'm interested in Hathaway's Catwoman (if only to see if Nolan has broken his streak of dullard female characters) and how Batman's story ends, but the trailers are just completely meh.
    I thought Marion Cotillard was great in Inception and thought Carrie-Anne Moss was good in Memento, but yeh, other than that female characters aren't that much of a strong suit in Nolan's movies.

Amazing music in the trailer as well, gives a very somber feeling at the start and (excuse the pun) rises as the trailer goes on, finishing with that awesome chant.
    "You'll never leave this world alone..."

I have learned from tv tropes that the the dark knight was banned in China. Well, they pretty much ban anything and are so freaking oversensitive(brokeback mountain, Avatar). Its just a film, have a little fun.

However, I do recall the scene where Dent said something about chinese gun being bad and you should buy american. That line was indeed out of place and had nothing to do with Dent's character. When I think about it, I did not even notice Lau died when I first saw the film, he did not even scream(it sorta dehumanizes him) which made his death almost comical.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I have learned from tv tropes that the the dark knight was banned in China. Well, they pretty much ban anything and are so freaking oversensitive(brokeback mountain, Avatar). Its just a film, have a little fun.
    To be fair, Avatar did kill a guy.

However, I do recall the scene where Dent said something about chinese gun being bad and you should buy american. That line was indeed out of place and had nothing to do with Dent's character. When I think about it, I did not even notice Lau died when I first saw the film, he did not even scream(it sorta dehumanizes him) which made his death almost comical.
    That was kinda weird how it happened. We see him at the top of the pile of money and then Joker sets it fire, so obviously that means he dies, but there's no cutaway or reminder that he's still there. If you're not paying attention, then you'll probably miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    That was kinda weird how it happened. We see him at the top of the pile of money and then Joker sets it fire, so obviously that means he dies, but there's no cutaway or reminder that he's still there. If you're not paying attention, then you'll probably miss it.
    I noticed it the first time I saw it and was pretty confused as to what just happened.

You can't not scream while being set on fire.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    I noticed it the first time I saw it and was pretty confused as to what just happened.

You can't not scream while being set on fire.
    I'm with sanji in that I totally missed it the first time I saw the movie. In fact, I didn't even realize it until I thought to myself, "Hey, whatever happened to that Lau guy," after which I had to backtrack through the movie to figure it out.

This is what is known from the person (From SHH) who was at the recent WB screening (Not very spoilery but i will tag it anyway for convenience):
    Spoiler:

1) TDKR Is far superior to TDK.

2) Bane has such a strong presence that makes you almost forget the Joker even existed.

3) The film did indeed get a standing ovation.

4) Grown men came out of the viewing crying..its an absolutely emotional ending.

5) There's quite a bit of action compared to the previous films, but that it doesn't overshadow the immense heart and depth of the story.

6) Full story is told with more-than-adequate depth, development and conclusion in the WB cut.

7) He'd be shocked if WB marketed a Bane mask replica towards children, considering the purpose of the mask in the film. (When he was told about the Bane mask in the Halloween costumes he replied) "Yeah, that's awful. I mean, it's always fun to be a baddie for Halloween, but Bane? That mask is literally part of what makes him a villain. It's like including the Joker's knives with his costumes. I would say it's a wrong move."

8) With all 3 trailers you haven't seen anything. The experience is best not knowing anything; that is why Nolan is vague with everything being released.

9) Compared to the Avengers its apples and oranges. The source loved Avengers and he was blown away by TDKR. It's hard to compare, though - they're quite different . He said they're both rollercoaster rides, but TDKR is kind of like a really creaky, old coaster where you feel it could fall apart at any second (and that's a good thing...it's similar to TDK in that it builds and builds, and it's scary. The analogy works because you do end up at that safe place. But the ride itself is exciting and unpredictable.) where Avengers was more of a solid-but-exciting ride. They're nothing at all alike.

10) On July 20th fans are in for something truly special.

source
    (original) http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=383061&page=36 (Scroll down and read The Original Bamfer's posts until the end of the thread.)
    (recap) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/...read/198730116

Wow, sounds spectacular.
    Now I'm real curious about the mask...

Let the hype train commence.

If I cry at a Batman movie, I better have been punched in the nose.

"The Dark Knight Rises is awesome!" ....meanwhile the sky is still blue.

I mean seriously, is anyone expecting this film to be a train wreck?
    I made this terrible username almost 6 years ago!

Actually, yeah I think a lot of people are.

LOVE AND PEACE

Third movie.
    Third movies suck!
    According to some people.

Pixar has proven that third movies can be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    "The Dark Knight Rises is awesome!" ....meanwhile the sky is still blue.

I mean seriously, is anyone expecting this film to be a train wreck?
    So far the commercials haven't done anything to interest me. Consensus was DK was better than Begins, but I enjoyed Begins WAY more (It was actually a Batman movie, and I cared about Bruce. And it had FUN in it!) so I can't really trust anyone saying "and this is even better than the last and blows it away!" when that's what everyone said about DK and it wasn't true for me last time.

Hell, I was bored and ready for DK to be over at least half an hour before it was finished, and have a litany of problems with it (that I didn't have with Begins) despite all the hype and general love behind it, so... yeah, I'm not terribly enthused.

Nolan's track record is too solid, so I'm not expecting "train wreck", but not expecting to love it either. I'm probably not even going to see it in theaters unless I get dragged along with others.

I mean, I've still got a Pixar movie coming. And I can see Avengers again and *know* I'll have a good time!
    Last edited by Robby; May 9th, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    It was a silly theory. Read: No retort necessary.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I'm probably not even going to see it in theaters unless I get dragged along with others.
    10 bucks says you will. Another 10 says you'll love it.

I wonder if they mean actual depth this time and not the collection of cute and interesting but ultimately meaningless psychological thought experiments that Dark Knight was.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

I read over the bitterness over Dark Knight on this forum countless of times, but I fail to understand any of it.
    Because well
    It does not really stop it from being a good movie in my book. I really enjoyed it.

I liked Dark Knight. A lot in fact. But I think it's a bit over-rated especially when people praise it for being so "complex and thought-provoking" when it's really...not.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information