+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Default Re: Batman 3

We're all looking for clever cameos but...what's the point.

It's not like BB or DK were riddled with shoutouts to fans. The lack of them is actually refreshing.

With each passing Marvel movie I keep waiting for the action to stop and Ed Norton or Robert Downey to stare into the camera and give us a big fat wink.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordzeb View Post
    Zsasz is a bit of a small fry to make for an End of the Trilogy Villain.
    I should've clarified: when I say expanded role, I didn't mean the same thing as a star role.
    Riddler or Miss Al 'Ghul are definitely better choices, it just seems a shame not to exploit a psychopath like Zsasz, especially seeing how his presence is canon.
    Then again, he probably would end up looking like 'Heath Ledger Zero Calorie.'

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    If Nolan is against Robin then he HAS to be against Harley, yet everyone keeps mentioning her.
    How? Harley is SIGNIFICANTLY different than Robin. Adding Harley is adding another obstacle with a fantastic personality.

But I was just saying a cameo. Her walking to speak with Mr. J, before she went nutso.
    3DS FC: 5370-0485-4643

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    A part of me wants the following included:
    -Askham Asylum up and running.
    -A massive cell given to the Joker. We never see or hear the Joker, but everyone looks at the cell as if it held the worst of the worst.
    -A young blonde psychiatrist walking into the cell with the name tag, "Dr. Quinzel".

If the above happens, I would seriously shit myself.
    - A scientist with the name tag "Prof. Victor Fries"
    - A reference to a mister Oswald Chester Cobblepot as a rival business man
    - A paper reporting the death of the Graysons, preferably an out-of-town one called the Daily Planet
    - A scientist mentioning a "Lazarus Formula"

If this is the shtick we're doing now:

A botany book written by Dr. Pamela Isley.

A off-shown TV news report on a new revolutionary brain CT scan device developed by Jervis Tetch?
    Nothing here for now

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

...A random show on TV starring Adam West as a detective?

A Television interview with Mary Dahl.

What.

I was talking Batman with a friend and he mentioned a love interest named Vicki Vale (I believe that was the name at least) that he thinks would be good to use in the movie now that Rachel is gone. Now, I cannot think of who Vicki Vale is. The name sounds really familiar but I can't remember anything of the character.

I've got a post I want to write later but Vicki Vale is a reporter and I believe she was the love interest in the 89' movie so...

Quote Originally Posted by Syan Strife View Post
    I was talking Batman with a friend and he mentioned a love interest named Vicki Vale (I believe that was the name at least) that he thinks would be good to use in the movie now that Rachel is gone. Now, I cannot think of who Vicki Vale is. The name sounds really familiar but I can't remember anything of the character.
    Honestly, I think (and hope) we'll see Talia Al Ghul before we see any other love Interest.

With her father having been in the first movie, I think she's prime to be in this franchise at one point.
    Nothing here for now

Alright, I've updated the first post with some articles.

Filming is set to start in March 2011, and as a side bit of info, an animated version of Batman: Year One will be released September 27, 2011.

Expect a lot more rumors to be creeping up now with a production schedule out.

Nolan also stated that he will not bring back the Joker, and that Mr. Freeze (which we already knew) and the Penguin will not be appearing the the new movie.
    That statement is part of an interview he did for Empire Magazine, and Empire does not have the interview online, however, this article is reliable.

He also dismisses the idea of a crossover between Batman and Superman.

That's all the news for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
    He also dismisses the idea of a crossover between Batman and Superman.
    Even though I agree that it wouldn't be fitting for Batman 3, I'd love to see Superman get a beatdown by Bats on film. Seeing him do it in The Dark Knight Returns and Hush was pretty refreshing.

Makes me lul whenever some of my friends bring up the topic of "Batman vs. Ironman".

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

They don't even have a decent enough superman to make a "World's Finest" or "Superman/Batman" crossover feasible anyway.

The only way Talia will turn up is if Ra's returns, and I don't see Nolan wanting to delve into Lazarus pits.

Hmm, It was really the saddest thing ever that Heath Ledger passed, and not to sound disrespectful, but The Joker's such a great character, I'd like to see him in the
    future, even if it does mean recasting? :( Perhaps they could try and find someone who resembles Heath a lot, and he could research the character etc, and find out how to play The Joker.

Or would you guys prefer a New Actor to play the Joker entirely differently ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

I don't really care. It's only Nolan's batman films that won't have another Joker in, so it's not as if it's done and done.

Mark Hamill is the definitive Joker for me anyway.

I figured they could've done a Joker-Copycat killer, but I guess it's out of the question.

Harley will be awesome if they make her a character. Imagine her as gritty as Heath's Joker?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Mark Hamill is the definitive Joker for me anyway.
    Hellz yeah!

I had no idea he was doing the Joker in the Arkham Asylum game, and when I heard him I freaked out!

By the way, Hamill has declared that the Arkham Asylum 2 game will be his last time voicing the Joker...

Legen, wait for it...dary! Mugiwara Kaizoku's Avatar

Wasn't the whole point of The Dark Knight to go ahead and make Batman the new villain?
    I'd love to see him being confronted with the full force of Gotham's justice system and possibly Super Heroes, while eventually obtaining Robin as an ally in the process of redeeming himself! Not saying there woudn't be any need for another good villain tho, but the focus should be set elsewhere...

Was there supposed to be a new Batman actor? I have it in the back of my head that the contract with Christian Bale went dry...
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...it's the mucus that bites us!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1102388p1.html

Granted this isn't confrming the villain is even in the film but whaddya think?

I'm a bit wary of someone actually campaigning for the role. That seems to be that he has an idea for it and I think its best just to go in with a fresh start.

As far as his age is concerned I don't think that's an issue with the Riddler although I would like to see him lose a helluva lotta weight for it. His eternally pudgy features have never been menacing, even in Insomnia.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information