+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Series

Default Re: Tales of Series

Neat news.

Again with porting to PS3. Looks like Tales of moved to the PS3 now. Looks like I might have to get PS3 in the future.

Will this Graces have a child pirate that could not be added because of the lack of free space or enough time?

Ive played Symphonia 1&2 and the GBA ver. so far
    i may play Tales of the Abyss once i can find it
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

That's good. Abyss is a fun game. I loved how much of a jerk Luke was in the start of the game.

Yuudi: No details about the port yet. It's not even on the official pages--in fact I don't know where the info is coming from at all, probably an advance leak from Jump or some other weekly mag that carries video game info.

It is kind of intriguing to choose to port that one over. Vesperia on 360 was a semi-failure, at least for Japan. Nobody wants the 360 there so moving it to PS3 was a big boost in exposure and probably a wider consumer base. But Graces sales on Wii were not good either and Wii has by far the widest base. On the other hand, the technical quality of the game should be way higher on the PS3, especially if they augment it to take advantage of the system. Probably more dialogue and I assume at the very LEAST more skits and such, not even counting the possibility of extra playable characters.

It could also be a bit of a make-up with fans after the fiasco with the bugs in the original version. If its bad enough to require a recall of discs, that's a big hit to the company/series' reputation. And since there apparently wasn't much in terms of pure Wii functionality (i.e. screen pointers, wiimote functions), the move to PS3 should result in a much-improved game. Who knows, maybe the plan to port it was set in motion fairly quickly, and Bamco decided to hold back on sending it to North America once they knew they could sell a superior PS3 version?

I agree with you Stephen. Just wanted to make a little bit of joke. There are some updates of it.

Besides the better graphics, there are more spacial moves or BCs and post story events. Then there's another costume for Sophie.

As long as they don't make another Shirley character for the new game or if possible the port. I think Shirley is the only main character that I hate in the series.

Graces for PS3? It'd be ok if they don't add a ton of extras but that seems unlikely... "exclusive" means nothing anymore. I'm just cheap and don't want to buy the same game on a different platform to enjoy the extras, lol. Hurray for the people who don't have Wiis though.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    It could also be a bit of a make-up with fans after the fiasco with the bugs in the original version.
    The only bug I came across (and somewhat liked) was when the boss barely moved and stopped crushing me in one hit kills.

The first attempt was devastating... -.-
    Underleveled ftw

Played Symphonia, Symphonia 2, and Phantasia. I liked both Symphonia and Phantasia, while the sequel to Symphonia was . . . strange. It just wasn't that fun for me.

My god, I hated Collette and Lloyd in Symphonia, though. That's why I liked Phantasia better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder
    Graces for PS3? It'd be ok if they don't add a ton of extras but that seems unlikely... "exclusive" means nothing anymore. I'm just cheap and don't want to buy the same game on a different platform to enjoy the extras, lol. Hurray for the people who don't have Wiis though.
    I don't usually care enough to get it again if I already have the game (i.e. I didn't get Vesperia PS3) but it's great news for people who didn't already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder
    The only bug I came across (and somewhat liked) was when the boss barely moved and stopped crushing me in one hit kills.

The first attempt was devastating... -.-
    Underleveled ftw
    "In the announcement, the publisher listed all of the bugs it hopes to address with replacement discs, mostly occurring in "New Game +" replays. Apparently, certain enemies, team conversations, and even key items may not appear in subsequent playthroughs. In addition, bugs in shops can randomly change the types and numbers of items in player possession, and pausing during cutscenes may result in other item glitches."

Maybe not game-destroying, but those are still fairly crappy things to occur...especially when the New Game+ features are there to attract players who are intentionally trying to unlock that extra content for titles and whatnot. Kind of destroys the whole purpose of having it...

Well here's a page from Jump about the TOG port.

Spoiler:

source http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84471. They seem to be a good source for any updates for Tales games.

Nice art for the Tales of game. I wonder why they added F, it reminds of the Wild arms remake for PS2. Also I messed up a bit part for the TOGF they are going to have more story events before the games ending.

If ToG Wii doesn't get a release date for US/EU (and seemingly, it won't), then the chances for the PS3 port getting localized are pretty much 0.
    Next PS3 game might get localized, but only if it's from team Symphonia/Vesperia, but I also wouldn't bet on that.

Fuck Namco. Why are they refusing money of about 300k fans? It doesn't make any sense
    (Good announcements for people that are able to read Japanese, though...)

Actually, at this point I'm tempted to say that chances of a Graces release on Wii is completely zero, but the chances of Graces PS3 are significantly higher. If the plan to port it was formulated early, they probably canceled any plans for localizing the Wii version and said, "We'll wait for the PS3 edition."

Seems like third-party anything is slow going on the Wii, no matter what country or what genre.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Actually, at this point I'm tempted to say that chances of a Graces release on Wii is completely zero, but the chances of Graces PS3 are significantly higher. If the plan to port it was formulated early, they probably canceled any plans for localizing the Wii version and said, "We'll wait for the PS3 edition."
    Yeah... no. They never released any of the enhanced ports outside of Japan and the fact that ToG isn't by Team Symphonia, makes it even less likely.

This is how it works:
    Spoiler:

Thank you for showing the minds of Namco. They are true master minds when it comes to localizing.

It's funny how some people even commented on their Facebook page about how Sega's now a better company than they are. And from the looks of it, it may not even too far from the truth, seeing as how Sega's been taking chances with the Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles series' and found enough success and demand from the West to warrant localized releases.

You know you're doing wrong when Sega is showing more initiative than you are and delivering on titles people are asking for.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

I never herd that before. But in recent times I would agree with it.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Apparently the extra epilogue script for Graces F is around 75% of that of the main game. Sounds quite substantial.

i hate namco bandai, i am refusing to buy their games for the forseeable future.

Teaser sites are up:

Untitled PS3 game
    Radiant Mythology 3
    Tales of Graces F (PS3 port)

The concept art for the untitled game sure looks pretty... Too bad it will look nothing like that once it's been developed.

Little details from the ToPX Narikiri Dungeon blog:

- Save data from ToPX will unlock cool equippable items in RM3
    - F in ToG-F stands for "Future"
    - Like Darkstorm said, the epilogue of ToG-F will be substantial. It is "three scriptbooks' worth," whatever that means
    - There will, of course, be new special attacks and tweaks to the system
    - Only concept art on the mystery title for now, but details will be available later on
    Last edited by stephen; August 2nd, 2010 at 11:41 AM.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Apparently the original graces was four scriptbooks for the entire game, so there's a hell of a lot more story. Whether that equates to a lot more game or just a lot more talking is another matter I guess.

The untitled one is supposed to be some sort of 15th anniversary game. No idea whether that means it's going to be a full new game or some kind of celebration thing.

edit - that art makes me tend toward some new though.

I can't believe it. Graces was said to be the longest Tales game already, and the post-game addition to PS3 Graces sounds like they almost doubled it based on voice script length. While it's true that it could just be a quarter added on because it's the PS3 and they feel like they could add in more voice than plain text, this is unbelievable. Don't tell me they've been working on this since the Wii release, too.

It's almost like getting the first half of Legendia first, then releasing the other half combined on a different platform.

On the plus side, this is like a wish granted to those who enjoyed the game so much they wished for more story.
    Last edited by Cinder; August 5th, 2010 at 08:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information