+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: Go Go Power Rangers

Default Re: Go Go Power Rangers

We are now at SPD: Sexy Police Department.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    We are now at SPD: Sexy Police Department.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b183449d...yvkno1_500.jpg
    That is the greatest picture of the SPD cast I ever seen. lol

I didn't even notice, but it goes with my avatar! lol

Piggy was the best thing in SPD.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

what does SPD actually stand for?

And I don't feel this season.

Is it the last?

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    what does SPD actually stand for?
    Space Patrol Delta

And I don't feel this season.

Is it the last?
    Nope. There are still four more pre-hiatus seasons, and then after that are all the revival seasons

We still have:
    -Mystic Force
    -Operation Overdrive
    -Jungle Fury
    -RPM
    -Samurai
    -Super Samurai
    -Megaforce
    -Super Megaforce
    -Dino Charge
    -Dino Super Charge
    -Ninja Steel (although, we probably won't be seeing this one on stream, since it just started in January)

I am definitely watching RPM and Dino Charge at the very least.

whut so many? I thought the stream ends tomorrow when the movie releases? Guess not. Cool. So more time to avoid the empty void I'll feel as soon as the marathon is over.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    whut so many? I thought the stream ends tomorrow when the movie releases?
    Nope. They're doing it for another week, up through March 30th.

Even through it's not going to be part of the marathon, but I will say I'm really enjoying Ninja Steel so far. Now with Mystic Force on the marathon, I'll admit it that Mystic Force is one of the reason that I got back into watching Power Rangers. Yeah, the season have some flaws, but I still like it mostly.

Mystic Force is now on it's finale. Which means it's almost time for the season that I been dreading to see again, Operation Overdrive.

So I just got back from an evening premiere of the movie.

I liked it. It wasn't great, but it was good. From the start I more or less knew what to expect from the movie and I had a lot of fun.

Spoiler-filled detailed thoughts...

Spoiler:
    I think its two main shortcomings were sloppy exposition and sub-par music placement.

With the exposition, I mean mostly the middle section of the movie where, after the teenagers with attitude discover the command center ship, they and we the audience are just kind of told everything about their situation right up front and all at once, without enough time dedicated to processing it. Yet at the same time I feel like we weren't told enough, in a "whole lot of what without the how and why" kind of way. Terms like "Power Rangers" and "Zeo Crystal" and "Morphin Grid" are just tossed out there as if we're expected to already know what they are. I'm sure most folks watching the movie DO already know what they are from the series, but the characters wouldn't. Things needed to be explained and tied together a bit more. Maybe there was a lot of cut footage that originally handled this better, I dunno.

As for the music, it just never seemed to impress me. It was a lot of rather generic-sounding orchestral themes, none of which ever really stood out to me, combined with a heaping handful of "real songs" that never quite felt like they belonged there. If you ask me, the film would have been better off with a more balanced score of non-vocal rock-style music (I know I'm describing that badly but it's past 11PM here), more in tune with the sounds of the original show.

And speaking of the original show, I spent the whole time listening for the iconic theme song, but it only ever popped up once... for about 10 seconds as the Zords were all racing off to intercept Goldar. Obviously seeming to echo the visuals in the show's opening. But what disappointed me was that it sounded like they just lifted the original show's version of the theme song itself, instead of even bothering to do a new cover or mix of it or anything... I didn't stay past the mid-credits scene-(which name-dropped exactly who you'd expect it to name-drop, by the way), so if there was a new version of the classic theme song during the later credits, I wasn't still around to hear it.

But enough of the complaints... all-in-all I really enjoyed the movie. It knew what it was adapting and had just the right amount of nostalgic cheese, dropping obligatory catchphrases liberally yet not over-doing it. There was a clever joke towards the end that I loved about whether or not the Yellow Ranger was a boy or a girl. It did a fairly good job of pairing that goofy side with the teenage drama aspects. I felt the movie actually did a pretty darn good job making you care about and sympathize with the five Rangers. When they finally all came together as both friends and a team towards the end, you're really cheering for them. Cranston and Banks were also obviously having a lot of fun with their roles, and Alpha was a hoot too.
    Last edited by Kaboom; March 23rd, 2017 at 08:34 PM.
    [ Twitter | deviantART | FanFic: Dragon Ball GT: Revised ]
    3DS FC: 1504 - 5800 - 6358 // NNID: KaboomKrusader // PSN: KaboomKrusader // Steam: KaboomKrusader

Just got back from seeing it. As a Power Rangers fan who had low expectations, it really surprised me with how fun it was. Despite their being some dumb moments here or there, and one VERY particular form of product placement, it was just a fun movie. I actually really liked how they developed the Rangers. They spent a large amount of time on each of them(though in particular Billy) and they all felt like actually human beings, unlike the original 5 who were walking stereotypes who excelled at never getting in trouble and running every town charity event.

My only major complaint would be that with the extra focus on the Rangers becoming a team, Zordon does get kinda pushed to the side a bit. He's not the same Zordon from the show, he's even kind of a dick. But as Linkara has pointed out, Zordon was kind of a dick throughout the show as well.

Rita...was actually pretty scary at certain points. Again, a different interpretation from the show but I think they really did capture the haminess of Rita, as well as give her a bit an honestly intimating side. Show Rita never really did much other than make her monsters grow from on the moon. THIS Rita...well she has a very nice first interaction with a certain Ranger.

Overall I'd say if you like Power Rangers, you'll probably enjoy this movie. If you have absolutely no idea of the franchise, it probably leaves a bit to be desired. But it does a good job of explaining who the Power Rangers are, showing these 5 kids who don't have a ton in common fighting for something together and becoming comfortable with themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Well do you really think Trojan Condoms needs 12 year-olds that are up really late to see their commercials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yes, in fact I do. These brats today don't wait anymore.

Jungle Fury is now on the marathon. I forgot how enjoyable this season was. RJ and Fran are still a great characters.

The finale of Jungle Fury have begun and that means we are about to start RPM. Which I been waiting to see again. One more thing about the Jungle Fury that I really like the character development of Jared and Camille throughout the season.

Twitch is now on Power Rangers RPM :D

Kamen Rider OOOs

RPM is one of the best season in my opinion. I'm still surprised that Summer's actress is Liv from IZombie. One of the saddest episode of Power Rangers is on right now, which is Dr. K's flashback.

I saw the movie.

Everything they showed before actively worked against it, there was nothing that indicated the filmakers understood Power Rangers, and I don't know how they did it, but...that was a good goddamn movie.

I just got back from seeing the movie, I thought the movie was really good.

Spoiler:
    I thought the entire cast have a great chemistry which to me is one of the important things to me. Elizabeth Banks did a great job of being Rita in the movie at some points she did scared me. I thought Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Franks cameos was pretty cool and it was nice to see a cameo from a couple members from the original rangers. I didn't expect references to Mariner Bay and Reefside in the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I saw the movie.

Everything they showed before actively worked against it, there was nothing that indicated the filmakers understood Power Rangers, and I don't know how they did it, but...that was a good goddamn movie.
    Maybe Josh Trank should take notes......if he's ever allowed to helm another production of an existing work that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information